Scheffler, Sims Traded

Why? We already have a young, pass catching TE in Shawn Nelson. The reason he was drafted.

Because we are thin at the position, Nelson is unproven, and it won't cost us much. If Nelson or Shouman went down we are f'd. I'm assuming we will end up picking up a late round TE anyways - why not get one that is a proven solid starter.

Sounds like we could've had Sheffler for a 5th and 7th. Buddy, are you awake? Somebody check his pulse.

I believe our TEs are going to be more pass-blocking than pass-catching until at least they clean up the OL mess. I do not see how you could have a Sheffler and Nelson both of whom are pass catchers. Additionally, the Bills would have to give a new contract to Tony , something they do not want to do at this time with so many holes. I can understand the Bills position...

TE Tony Scheffler to the Lions, LB Ernie Sims to the Eagles, Undisclosed pick to Denver per Adam Schefter

What does this say about Pettigrew, whom alot of people wanted us to spend the #11 pick on last year?

What does this say about Pettigrew, whom alot of people wanted us to spend the #11 pick on last year?

That after undergoing an ACL reconstruction just before Christmas, he might be on the PUP list to start the season?

Pretty sure we are about to fall below the Lions this year. When they get Suh/McCoy, a RB in the draft, plus the Scheffler they will have the QB, WR, TE that we don't have, greater than/equal to OL, slightly less RB (if we have Lynch). Sadly, right now, I'd take the Lions roster over the Bills.

Pretty sure we are about to fall below the Lions this year. When they get Suh/McCoy, a RB in the draft, plus the Scheffler they will have the QB, WR, TE that we don't have, greater than/equal to OL, slightly less RB (if we have Lynch). Sadly, right now, I'd take the Lions roster over the Bills.

I'll take their roster AND their uniforms without hesitation....

That after undergoing an ACL reconstruction just before Christmas, he might be on the PUP list to start the season?
ummm, that he's injured? :rolleyes:

Sorry, didn't know he blew his knee out. :thumbsup:

Because we are thin at the position, Nelson is unproven, and it won't cost us much. If Nelson or Shouman went down we are f'd. I'm assuming we will end up picking up a late round TE anyways - why not get one that is a proven solid starter.

Ya i cant believe we dont have 3 quality starters at each position on the team...everyone else does :rolleyes:

Ya i cant believe we dont have 3 quality starters at each position on the team...everyone else does :rolleyes:

You just said quality starters. Shouman is a poor starter/quality backup. Nelson has potential to be a quality starter or better, which may be years away. Right now, they are neither.

Scheffler is a day 1 proven quality starter. All it would cost is a 5th round pick and some money to pay the guy.