Jets CB Darrelle Revis says

Munch

on ESPN first take and a recent Mort tweet:

Corners like Darelle Revis always cite Bills' Lee Evans as one of toughest WRs to cover; Revis just did so on First Take. Evans needs help

Still wanna trade him?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Corners like Darelle Revis always cite Bills' Lee Evans as one of toughest WRs to cover; Revis just did so on First Take. Evans needs help

Still wanna trade him?

Mort may have been taking that out of context. The First Take guys asked Revis if he could rank the #1 receivers in the AFC east as to who is the toughest to cover and Revis replied with 1.) Moss 2.) Marshall 3.) Evans.

Amen. I have been saying this all along. Unfortunately some of our jackass fans think that he is the problem and isn't a #1 wr. WELL....straight from the mouth of the best CB in the league. That should close the door on the issue but some of our fans are not known to be very smart. No wonder this team is devoid of talent when one of our few stars can't get any respect and people want to get rid of him.

*sheesh*

Mort may have been taking that out of context. The First Take guys asked Revis if he could rank the #1 receivers in the AFC east as to who is the toughest to cover and Revis replied with 1.) Moss 2.) Marshall 3.) Evans.

And those where his only 3 options. So yea OP definetly took that one out of context.

If I understand correctly now:

The question and comment did not relate to the the entire NFL, but only the AFC East.

The Jets play three teams in the AFC East.

Of the three "number one" receivers that Revis faces, Revis ranks Evans third.

Listen, I do not think that Evans is a bad receiver. I think most of the people on this board think that he has talent. He is what he is. Right now, he has not played like he is one of the elite receivers in the game. He certainly is getting paid more than his performance would merit.

Still wanna trade him?

the people that bad mouth evans are nuts u get him a real QB and he would be an all pro

the people that bad mouth evans are nuts u get him a real QB and he would be an all pro

FWIW, Brandon Marshall had 101 receptions last year with Kyle Orton as the QB.

In the preceding two years with Jay Cutler (who many people on this board thought was the the second coming), Marshall had 104 and 102 receptions -- in other words, essentially the same.

FWIW, Brandon Marshall had 101 receptions last year with Kyle Orton as the QB.

In the preceding two years with Jay Cutler (who many people on this board thought was the the second coming), Marshall had 104 and 102 receptions -- in other words, essentially the same.

In his last 2 seasons, Orton has 6,774 yards (average of 3,387 yards/ season), 39 tds, and 24 INTs on both the Bears and Broncos. The last 2 years, our QBs (Fitz, Losman, Edwards) have threw for 5,555 (average of 2,778 yards/season), 31 tds, and 34 INTs.

1) Orton is a better QB than you think.

2) He is much better than any QB we have had the last 2 years.

If I understand correctly now:

The question and comment did not relate to the the entire NFL, but only the AFC East.

The Jets play three teams in the AFC East.

Of the three "number one" receivers that Revis faces, Revis ranks Evans third.

Listen, I do not think that Evans is a bad receiver. I think most of the people on this board think that he has talent. He is what he is. Right now, he has not played like he is one of the elite receivers in the game. He certainly is getting paid more than his performance would merit.

^

This.

First Take asked Revis to rank the #1 receivers in the AFC east and who is the toughest to cover. Unless I'm unaware of some new math, there's only one #1 WR per team. He ranks the Bills high-priced #1 WR dead last, behind a guy who won't run his 1st play as an AFCE WR until this coming October..

No?

IMO, WR is a 'need' position for the Bills.

Still wanna trade him?

Is that because it's hard to stay attentive knowing the ball wont come that way? or that he is just fast? Seriously, who cares if he is hard to cover? How did him being hard to cover win any football games? Most of the rational "Trade Lee" posts i read said he is a good player but little value to the Bills in the current state and might help us fill the more critical holes if somebody was willing to make a good deal for Buf.

Herschel Walker was really good, but what Dallas got for trading him really helped them build a team.

Still wanna trade him?

If we could only get him a decent QB...

:w00t:

In his last 2 seasons, Orton has 6,774 yards (average of 3,387 yards/ season), 39 tds, and 24 INTs on both the Bears and Broncos. The last 2 years, our QBs (Fitz, Losman, Edwards) have threw for 5,555 (average of 2,778 yards/season), 31 tds, and 34 INTs.

1) Orton is a better QB than you think.

2) He is much better than any QB we have had the last 2 years.

I actually think that Orton is a decent QB. I also think that Trent is one as well. The difference (in my view) is the following:

In 2009, the Denver offensive line gave up 34 sacks and 62 QB hits.

In 2009, the Bills offensive line gave up 46 sacks and 103 QB hits.

In 2008, the Bears offensive line gave up 29 sacks.

In 2008, the Bills offensive line gave up 38 sacks.

^

This.

First Take asked Revis to rank the #1 receivers in the AFC east and who is the toughest to cover. Unless I'm unaware of some new math, there's only one #1 WR per team. He ranks the Bills high-priced #1 WR dead last, behind a guy who won't run his 1st play as an AFCE WR until this coming October..

No?

IMO, WR is a 'need' position for the Bills.

It's funny how the thread creator (and/or Mort) misinterpreted Revis' comment as a compliment to Lee Evans, when it was actually a bit of a slight. People will hear whatever they want to hear.