Jets CB Darrelle Revis says

Munch

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to disagree with you again Biscuit, at least a little bit. I think its possible that Evans could be real good with a good QB and O-line, but I can't say that for sure. It often happens that great players emerge regardless, Evans will never emerge regardless, he needs a lot of help, that by definition isn't a Beast.

Guys like Steve Smith are going to shine no matter what. I just don't think Lee has that kind of desire.

Put Steve Smith on a team without a QB and what happens? Well, when his QB was playing well, he had years of 1583 and 1421 yards. The other years, when his QBs weren't playing well, he got 1166, 1002, and 982. And that is with a QB who was still playing infinitely better than our QBs have played the past few years.

Put Steve Smith on a team without a QB and what happens? Well, when his QB was playing well, he had years of 1583 and 1421 yards. The other years, when his QBs weren't playing well, he got 1166, 1002, and 982. And that is with a QB who was still playing infinitely better than our QBs have played the past few years.

How can you compare Smith to Evans? Smith is a Probowl reciever, and a number one reciever on his team.

Lee is nothing more than glorified #2!

The love affair with Lee must stop!

If I understand correctly now:

The question and comment did not relate to the the entire NFL, but only the AFC East.

The Jets play three teams in the AFC East.

Of the three "number one" receivers that Revis faces, Revis ranks Evans third.

Listen, I do not think that Evans is a bad receiver. I think most of the people on this board think that he has talent. He is what he is. Right now, he has not played like he is one of the elite receivers in the game. He certainly is getting paid more than his performance would merit.

Betcha they don't put Revis on Welker or poor Lee would be #4 in the AFC East and #5 or 6 if he included Jets receivers. Lee has dropped to a #2 or #3 receiver. He certainly played like a #2 behind TO and on a good team would be #3. He is paid like a #1. Maybe one of the reason our QBs stunk is because Lee didn't play very hard. Naw, nobody can say that, that might hurt Lee's feelings. It would mean he signed his contract and than laid down.....just like his stats show. Take a hard look at his stats since he signed.

Betcha they don't put Revis on Welker or poor Lee would be #4 in the AFC East and #5 or 6 if he included Jets receivers. Lee has dropped to a #2 or #3 receiver. He certainly played like a #2 behind TO and on a good team would be #3. He is paid like a #1. Maybe one of the reason our QBs stunk is because Lee didn't play very hard. Naw, nobody can say that, that might hurt Lee's feelings. It would mean he signed his contract and than laid down.....just like his stats show. Take a hard look at his stats since he signed.

Finally, someone with some sanity!

Why do all these people love Lee Evans so much? I bet they think he is cute or something!LOL

on ESPN first take and a recent Mort tweet:

Corners like Darelle Revis always cite Bills' Lee Evans as one of toughest WRs to cover; Revis just did so on First Take. Evans needs help

Still wanna trade him?

I would be tough to cover if I ran around the field all game without the ball.

I have to disagree with you again Biscuit, at least a little bit. I think its possible that Evans could be real good with a good QB and O-line, but I can't say that for sure. It often happens that great players emerge regardless, Evans will never emerge regardless, he needs a lot of help, that by definition isn't a Beast.

Guys like Steve Smith are going to shine no matter what. I just don't think Lee has that kind of desire.

Well, i got disagree with you now i guess. :nana: Look at the first 4 years of Evans' career compared to Steve Smith's:

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI733120

Evans was much, much better. Smith had crappy QBs and then Delhomme entered the picture, and he became an all pro. Delhomme is terrible now, but he was a pro bowl/ Super Bowl QB and much better than anyone Evans has ever played with.

Part of the problem with Evans is that he is so classy. Evans is an extremely talented receiver. Any other receiver with his skill level would have flipped out by now. But that's not Lee's style. Even though he is getting paid extremely well, unless we make a move to get a real QB here, I think the Bills will owe him an apology at the end of his career for wasting such a weapon. Evans is really good.

How can you compare Smith to Evans? Smith is a Probowl reciever, and a number one reciever on his team.

Lee is nothing more than glorified #2!

The love affair with Lee must stop!

Actually genius, through the first 6 years of their career, Evans has 9 more tds than Smith. But who cares about facts? Aren't you the scumbag who wanted Maybin to get injured? Stop posting. You add nothing.

Actually genius, through the first 6 years of their career, Evans has 9 more tds than Smith. But who cares about facts? Aren't you the scumbag who wanted Maybin to get injured? Stop posting. You add nothing.

I just want you to get injured Pop Tart!

I am sorry you have a mancrush on Lee Evans! Stand by your man C.biscuit97! HAHA

Well, i got disagree with you now i guess. :nana: Look at the first 4 years of Evans' career compared to Steve Smith's:

http://www.nfl.com/players/leeevans/profile?id=EVA454901

http://www.nfl.com/players/stevesmith/profile?id=SMI733120

Evans was much, much better. Smith had crappy QBs and then Delhomme entered the picture, and he became an all pro. Delhomme is terrible now, but he was a pro bowl/ Super Bowl QB and much better than anyone Evans has ever played with.

Part of the problem with Evans is that he is so classy. Evans is an extremely talented receiver. Any other receiver with his skill level would have flipped out by now. But that's not Lee's style. Even though he is getting paid extremely well, unless we make a move to get a real QB here, I think the Bills will owe him an apology at the end of his career for wasting such a weapon. Evans is really good.

+1. If it were almost any other diva WR in the NFL, he would have flipped out and been screaming for a trade. But Lee is a very nice guy, and doesnt talk crap about his teammates. I agree if we get him a QB and an Oline, he will be pro bowl caliber.