Rasheed Wallace...

Buftex

My Celtics are spiraling out of control...they have fallen to fourth in the East...they will be fortunate to make it out of the first round of the playoffs...Rasheed Wallace, their big free agent signing this year, has been a waste of a roster space...did anyone see this from tonights game against the Bulls...guy smokes way too much weed... how can a long in the tooth vetran make such a boneheaded play, at the professional level? What a joke!

In the end, it likely wouldn't have made a difference (though you never know in the NBA), but it was a tight 3 point game at the time... :ph34r:

My Celtics are spiraling out of control...they have fallen to fourth in the East...they will be fortunate to make it out of the first round of the playoffs...Rasheed Wallace, their big free agent signing this year, has been a waste of a roster space...did anyone see this from tonights game against the Bulls...guy smokes way too much weed... how can a long in the tooth vetran make such a boneheaded play, at the professional level? What a joke!

In the end, it likely wouldn't have made a difference (though you never know in the NBA), but it was a tight 3 point game at the time... :(

I wonder if a post about a particular player on the Celtics is going to get a lot of traffic on a Buffalo Bills/ Sabres forum? :ph34r:

I wonder if a post about a particular player on the Celtics is going to get a lot of traffic on a Buffalo Bills/ Sabers forum? :ph34r:

I am guessing there are more NBA/Celtics fans perusing the board, than, say, fart fetishists? :(

Sorry if it offends you...we don't have an NBA forum here...wasn't aware that we couldn't post about other teams on the off the wall forum...

The Celtics have fallen off faster than I could imagine. They are super old and slow. They need to dump KG, Wallace and Allen and get some youth in there with Pierce and Rondo.

Actually, I didn't think they would be great after that championship. Last year, IMO, they were pretty damn good, had KG been healthy, I think they would have made it to the finals. This year, however, KG has been shot most of the year, and Ray Allen has been very hot, or very cold... I am pleasantly surprised with Paul Pierce. I thought he would be the first guy to slip...but they guy still plays with a lot of passion... Rondo has really turned into a fine player, I am thinking that Allen will be gone next year...KG will be back, unless he retires. He really is a shell of himself right now. He can still get it going defensively, at times, but he has really lost his go-to shot.

In the end, it likely wouldn't have made a difference (though you never know in the NBA), but it was a tight 3 point game at the time... :ph34r:

Maybe you can answer this for me Buftex, as I'm not familiar with the Celtics front office...who the f*ck thought that taking a team built on chemistry and adding Rasheed Wallace to the mix was a good idea? I mean, maybe he doesn't play enough minutes to hurt the team THAT much, but his style of lazy whiny play is so far gone from the ethos of the 2008 championship team that it's ridiculous.

GO BOBCATS!

Check out this article if you want to see a bashing of Rasheed....Bill Simmons: Smoke and Mirrors

And this one as well....

That Chapelle Show clip was great. On a related note, they were showing the Yanks Championship rings during the game yesterday. There are two words on the ring: Tradition and Unity. When I saw Unity, I shouted out to no one in particular, "Charlie Murphy!!" It made my day.

Maybe you can answer this for me Buftex, as I'm not familiar with the Celtics front office...who the f*ck thought that taking a team built on chemistry and adding Rasheed Wallace to the mix was a good idea? I mean, maybe he doesn't play enough minutes to hurt the team THAT much, but his style of lazy whiny play is so far gone from the ethos of the 2008 championship team that it's ridiculous.

GO BOBCATS!

Rasheed had pretty much cleaned up his act the last few years. He was really brought in, just to spell Garnett and give the team another seasoned vet down the stretch. When focused, Wallace has been effective in recent years. He can rebound, when he wants (though the desire seems to have left him this season) and the guy is a great streak shooter, when he feels like shooting. I think what happened though, he ended up having to play a bit more than they were expecting, first because of Glen Davis suspension early in the season, and then, because of Garnetts' chronic injuries this season. He had to put down the bong, and work a little more than he was expecting.

I admit, I thought it was a great signing at the time...I figured that KG and Pierce would intimidate him into the team conept...but it hasn't worked. He is hardly the only reason they are struggling, but man, his lack of awareness is just mind boggling at times. Have you ever seen an NBA player score on his own basket? I know I have seen this in college once or twice, but in the NBA?

I don't care what Reggie Miller said, Rashweed lost the handle on his mind...he shot that thing, a "put back"...t wasn't a fluke...

Thanks to Boston for signing Rasheed.......there was talk of him signing with my Orlando Magic, which IMO, would have been disasterous to the Magic's chances this season.

Im just waiting for my Bulls to get better again. Rasheed has not played with hear since his last days with the pistons.

Not sure if it is age, or just an "I got my money, just collecting a check thing"

That being said I agree with the above post who said Boston has age/injury issues.

Heres to the Bulls pulling for D-Wade next year!!!