gaither rumor/speculation

bkc

Were that to play out for the Bills, I would be stoked.

agreed, but as long as we are into the what if's...i would absolutely love for the possibility of swapping 1st's to get gaither, keeping our high 2nd, and maybe trading some players that don't fit or don't want to be here, and going with the philosophy of drafting the bpa for our draft slots.

i'd even go as far as trade next years first for gaither. clausen in the 1st, d tackle in the 2nd. who knows what numbers lynch puts up with a beefed up line...could get our 1st back next year or a solid 2nd pick. that part may be a stretch but with clausen behind center and gaither anchoring that line our run game will be sick next year and we could see 2500 plus rush yards and a team that could just wear down the opponents.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav..._the_draft.html

Writer playing out a scenerio were the bills get clausen and gaither

Mentioned this in another thread, but I wouldn't be inclined to trade our second rounder for Gaither.

He's very good, but he's also a free agent to be and an early second round pick in this draft is equivalent to a first in most drafts. I would like to see them get Gaither for less. It's time the Bills start winning the battles on draft day and getting top value for their picks. On draft day, the price typically drops for players other teams want to unload. The Bills of the past decade typically have gotten some of the least value for their chips(draft picks/trade value/free agent dollars) of all the NFL teams.

If gaither's work ethic is suspect, why is it we would want this person? I realize Baltimore has Oher but if Gaither was THAT good, they'd find another spot for him on the line instead of let him go.

The Ravens are outstanding on draft day. They are one organization that is not afraid to lose a player for fear of a dropoff. If he plays out next season, he will earn an $8-$10M per year deal elsewhere and they aren't going to pay him that to be their RT.

Why do we want another Peters here in Buffalo?

Gaither is to Peters as Joe Montana is to Rob Johnson...dopey Gaither gave up 2 sacks and Peters 7...Gaither was part of the top five rushing offense in the league...how in the hell is Gaither ANYTHING like Peters????... B-):)

I think the comparrison is that Gaither has been labeled as unmotivated. It was a knock on him in college, and its the current knock on him and the reason given why the Ravens would be shopping an OT at his age, and his apparent skill level for less then a 1st.

If the rumors are true, then the Ravens aren't really interested in moving him, but used that threat of moving him as motivation to get him into camp on time with the rest of the team. If he really does have motivation issues, I would rather the Bills stay clear of him and just use the 2nd rounder they probably would use to get him to take a chance on someone in the draft

i'd even go as far as trade next years first for gaither. clausen in the 1st, d tackle in the 2nd. who knows what numbers lynch puts up with a beefed up line...could get our 1st back next year or a solid 2nd pick. that part may be a stretch but with clausen behind center and gaither anchoring that line our run game will be sick next year and we could see 2500 plus rush yards and a team that could just wear down the opponents.

Lynch didn't even reach 500 yards last season...Where do you get 2,500. yards unless F. Jackson is the next O.J. or LT that is a ludicrous statement. Buffalo actually had a nice running game going until Lynch returned after his suspension!

Realistic expectations for the duo if we still have lynch would be around 1,500 yards for the season.

Lynch didn't even reach 500 yards last season...Where do you get 2,500. yards unless F. Jackson is the next O.J. or LT that is a ludicrous statement. Buffalo actually had a nice running game going until Lynch returned after his suspension!

Realistic expectations for the duo if we still have lynch would be around 1,500 yards for the season.

we had almost 1900 yards rushing last year so adding a left tackle and with both backs available all year we could get close to 2500 yards. its tough but if we show a commitment to the run its possible

we had almost 1900 yards rushing last year so adding a left tackle and with both backs available all year we could get close to 2500 yards. its tough but if we show a commitment to the run its possible

First of all, our rushing attack wasnt bad last year, it was our passing attack. TO claim we will get another 700+ yards by trading for this guy is a little bit rediculous. The first thing I thought of when I read this post was this by Wil Ferrel as Ricky Bobby: "No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300. Heck, I just read in the newspaper that they put a pig heart in some guy from Russia. Do you know what that means?"

Second, where are all these people proclaiming Gaither to be so great getting their opinnions. I doubt all these bills posters seriously watched the guy play, even if they watched Ravens games, I find it hard to believe all these people begging for Gaither ever even noticed him in a game. Some maybe, but not all these people in all these Gaither threads.

There is a reason he is available, if he was the second coming of Jonathon Ogden like some here seem to prop him up as, I seriously doubt the Ravens would be so quick to dump him for a second round pick. Especially since Oher struggled at times at LT last year.

He is available because the Ravens are tired of his lack of motivation...well if we trade for him we are going to have to pay him too...Sounds a lot like Peters who played at a high level until we gave him a big raise. Then he just dogged it, had down years, then wanted more money which he eventually got in Phi and then was a liability on that line.

I am all for grabbing a up and coming young tackle like him, but he is no sure thing and I dont think we should give up too much for him like some people here talking about a first rounder.