Marshawn on his way out

WordByrd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can either of you judge? Spiller has never stepped foot on a Pro field!

Can't really argue that point, since he hasn't , but i can look at some of the highlight reels on Spiller and be amazed at his talent, albeit at the college level. Lynch has had enough off the field problems and lack of success on the field to make me think there is no way Spiller wouldn't be an upgrade. But you're right, he hasn't done it in the pros yet.

it would be such a waste to trade marshawn and then draft spiller. if we trade lynch i hope we can get a starter back for him. i doubt anybody is gonna give up anything more than a 4th but maybe an expiring contract so we can get help next year.

If the Bills take Spiller and neglect their OT and NT needs, it's more of the Marv/DJ method: more skill positions and neglecting the lines. Only difference is now Nix and Gailey are doing it. OT's and DT's aren't typically found in the low rounds, and passing on them in a draft with plenty of them would be a colossal mistake.

Can't really argue that point, since he hasn't , but i can look at some of the highlight reels on Spiller and be amazed at his talent, albeit at the college level. Lynch has had enough off the field problems and lack of success on the field to make me think there is no way Spiller wouldn't be an upgrade. But you're right, he hasn't done it in the pros yet.

I agree with this. What's more, think of it in Gailey's hands. Lynch doesn't offer him much flexiibility. He's just a back that might break some tackles. Spiller offers a ton of flexibility in the offense. Think Percy Harvin.

I can't believe I wasted money on this jersey and now he's being traded after just 3 years :wallbash:

never buy a jersey that does not have your own name on it. it shows (1) you have no pride in yourself (2) you dream about men.

never buy a jersey that does not have your own name on it. it shows (1) you have no pride in yourself (2) you dream about men.

I bought an autographed Jim Kelly jersey recently, how does that factor in to the equation?

I only opened this thread to have a look at you avatar again.

and put me on this list :wallbash:

That's why you go with the good ole #40 JD Hill jersey. It never gets old.

It truly IS the silly season. Who the heck is Patrick Moran and why is his twitter any better than the ideas I get while sitting on the crapper?

it would be such a waste to trade marshawn and then draft spiller. if we trade lynch i hope we can get a starter back for him. i doubt anybody is gonna give up anything more than a 4th but maybe an expiring contract so we can get help next year.

Expiring contract? This isn't the NBA. What the hell does an expiring contract do? There is no cap.

I like Spiller. I just don't like him over Dan Williams, or any OT at #9

Or Derrick Morgan.

I can't believe I wasted money on this jersey and now he's being traded after just 3 years :wallbash:

I learned a hard lesson with my Losman jersey. Only buy jerseys of guys who are retired or soon will be, JMO.

That's why you go with the good ole #40 JD Hill jersey. It never gets old.

It truly IS the silly season. Who the heck is Patrick Moran and why is his twitter any better than the ideas I get while sitting on the crapper?

LOL! Good one. I feel the same some times. Never heard of that Douchebag but it pisses me off that he is supposed to be some folk lore local legend? Screw him and his lame tweets. All tweeting is lame and gay unless its a titty tweet

If the Bills take Spiller and neglect their OT and NT needs, it's more of the Marv/DJ method: more skill positions and neglecting the lines. Only difference is now Nix and Gailey are doing it. OT's and DT's aren't typically found in the low rounds, and passing on them in a draft with plenty of them would be a colossal mistake.

If the OT nix/gailey like isnt there and spiller is highest on their board why would this be a bad thing? hopefully they are building this thing for the long term and freddy is not gonna last too many more years and with lynch gone were gonna need another back. this isnt going to be built in one draft. I want a tackle too, but if the value isnt there it isnt there. if they do get spiller, hopefully we got our takle in the 2nd and nt in the 3rd.

If the OT nix/gailey like isnt there and spiller is highest on their board why would this be a bad thing? hopefully they are building this thing for the long term and freddy is not gonna last too many more years and with lynch gone were gonna need another back. this isnt going to be built in one draft. I want a tackle too, but if the value isnt there it isnt there. if they do get spiller, hopefully we got our takle in the 2nd and nt in the 3rd.

I think they are looking at the possible run on OT's which will most likely will happen. Doubt that any of the top 4 OT's will be on the board. You can get a OT in the second round but I think that takes Tebow out of the mix.

Spiller is the best player outside of Clausen and McClain. You only draft Spiller if Marshawn is gone. It would be hard to pass on Clausen but it depends how much they like Clausen.

Man I cant wait to see how it shakes down.

it's stupid to draft another RB in the first round at the expense of teh OL and front 7 because by the time you get around to building for the "long term", the RBs career in Buffalo will be over (see Travis Henry, Willis, Lynch, etc)

I like him over Bulaga the overhyped RIGHT tackle that some here think can start at LT.

And again +1000 on the avatar :wallbash:

This avatar is making me feel so popular around these parts!

anyway, would you be happy if Bulaga ends up being a solid RT? I know LT is more important, but we need solid starters on our line no matter what. If there isn't a LT left, I might take Bulaga if he can transition into a good RT.