47% will pay zero federal income taxes

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah. It lists out the percents per year, and then never gives an average. When averaged together it comes out to around 68%.

You're cherry-picking data on foreign-owned corporations to prove that most corporations don't pay taxes? Using a simple average of a percentage measure, which even a third-grader knows isn't a valid method of averaging anything?

And you're ignoring page 8, where it specifically states that over the 8-year time frame of the study, only 14.5% of foreign-owned major corporations and 13% of major domestic corporations paid no taxes?

You're cherry-picking data on foreign-owned corporations to prove that most corporations don't pay taxes? Using a simple average of a percentage measure, which even a third-grader knows isn't a valid method of averaging anything?

And you're ignoring page 8, where it specifically states that over the 8-year time frame of the study, only 14.5% of foreign-owned major corporations and 13% of major domestic corporations paid no taxes?

And you are cherry picking that data to limit it to large corporations to prove that corporations pay taxes. Using a simple "I don't see you" measure, which even a third-grader knows isn't a valid method of measuring anything?

And you are ignoring page 8, where it specifically states that over the 8-year time frame of the study, only 55 percent of US owned corporations reported no tax liability for at least 1 year. The same is try for 72 percent of foreign corporations. 42 percent of US corporations paid no taxes over multiple years.

And I guess that makes me a Bills fan, which is an increasingly more difficult task these days.

But hey...at least I can name one of my favorite players.

But you're also a fan of the Dolphins and Patriots*, right?

And you are cherry picking that data to limit it to large corporations to prove that corporations pay taxes. Using a simple "I don't see you" measure, which even a third-grader knows isn't a valid method of measuring anything?

And you are ignoring page 8, where it specifically states that over the 8-year time frame of the study, only 55 percent of US owned corporations reported no tax liability for at least 1 year. The same is try for 72 percent of foreign corporations. 42 percent of US corporations paid no taxes over multiple years.

Except that you said "major corporations". If I'm cherry-picking data, it's to match your own criteria, moron.

You also said "don't pay taxes". You didn't say "didn't pay taxes for at least one year in an eight year time-span". Again, I chose the data that met your criteria - major corporations that paid no taxes over the time frame of the study.

So stop crying. You don't understand the study you linked to, NOR do you even understand your own statements. That's no one's fault but yours.

The amount of income not subjected to tax can be debated. Personally I feel everyone should pay some Federal income tax. The current scenario (nearly half not paying Fed income tax) simply creates a class of people that don't have any regard for how the Federal Government spends tax dollars because they don't pay income tax into the system. It also creates a big political divide and an entitlement mentality for the same reasons. The left, of course, likes it this way.

I guess that's up for debate. If I were given carte blanche, the government wouldn't be allowed to collect taxes on anything covertly (like gasoline, telephones, etc). You'd have it taken directly from your check so you'd see just how much you're really on the hook for. If that's the direction we're going, then every dollar of income can be taxed. If we're not going down that road then I think it's reasonable to make a certain portion of income tax free for everyone.

Do you understand what you just wrote? That over an 8 year period, 42% of US corporations essentially had no profit for at least two of the years.

This offends and/or astonishes you why?

Do you understand what you just wrote? That over an 8 year period, 42% of US corporations essentially had no profit for at least two of the years.

This offends and/or astonishes you why?

Because he doesn't understand the relationship between profit and taxes. Seriously.

Also a lot of this has to due with the Bush tax cuts that went only to rich people. :thumbsup:

I don't care which politician it came from, I can't afford it any more. I haven't have even a cost of living raise in four years. I don't mean less than, I mean nothing. Gas goes up, electric goes up, food costs go up, etc. But my wages haven't gone up.

I don't care which politician it came from, I can't afford it any more. I haven't have even a cost of living raise in four years. I don't mean less than, I mean nothing. Gas goes up, electric goes up, food costs go up, etc. But my wages haven't gone up.

Your taxes will be going up next year when the Bush tax cuts expire. You can count on that.