47% will pay zero federal income taxes

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it awesome that we have a system where everyone contributes. :rolleyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100407/ap_on_bi_ge/us_no_taxes

This is always an enlightening comment:

"Money, its not real. I pay high taxes but lead a decent life. So people get my money back for making less...life goes on. More money, more problems. Less money makes you appreciate what you have and what life is really worth living for.

Keep taxing the rich hardcore! Trickle down economics is a joke"

Who cares? The problems in this country have little to do with this talking point.

It matters because it contradicts the lefts traditional line of bull ****. So it makes me mad. But your right, it really isn't the problem. The way the tax money is spent is a bigger problem. Among other things.

It matters because it contradicts the lefts traditional line of bull ****. So it makes me mad. But your right, it really isn't the problem. The way the tax money is spent is a bigger problem. Among other things.

Also a lot of this has to due with the Bush tax cuts that went only to rich people. :rolleyes:

That's why I think Volker's idea of a VAT is a great idea. Just do away with federal income taxes and have people pay for the services they use. It's a great idea.

Wait. What? He wants VAT to be IN ADDITION to federal income taxes?

Man, we are about to be fubar'ed. Anyone have Dwight's email address?

That's why I think Volker's idea of a VAT is a great idea. Just do away with federal income taxes and have people pay for the services they use. It's a great idea.

And with our sales tax at 9.75% that would be ugly.

And with our sales tax at 9.75% that would be ugly.

Try 15% and welcome to my world.

Although with CADUSD at par, I'm thinking driving south to pick up a nice SUV isn't such a bad idea right now.

"Fair Tax", and only at the point of sale to the consumer.

Most major corporations don't pay any taxes either. You pay more on your earnings than GM does to the government.

Well since GM is owned by the government, I'd say that has no material impact on tax revenues...

Secondly, the returns are actually returned to the shareholder.

Most major corporations don't pay any taxes either. You pay more on your earnings than GM does to the government.

That's because GM losses money you friggin moron. You don't pay taxes if you don't earn any profit. :rolleyes: