what's wrong with claussen?

Someone made a good point that we are not drfting to win the Super Bowl this year, so Clausen might be the right pick, at least versus trading for McNabb. I think if the Bills address OL and QB in the first two rounds, in either order, then I'll be happy. The big scare I have is that the top-4 OT may be off the board by 9. If that's the case, then I think you either stick with Clausen and hope to get an second tier OL in round 2 (or try to patch together a line in free agency) or try to improve the D with McClain or Williams.

However, if they do draft Clausen, I think they need to sit him on the bench for a year and let him learn (aka, protect him from that terrible line so he's not a mental midget by 2011).

Either way, we have a lot of good options in a deep draft. Let's just hope we don't go off the reservation and draft a CB, WR, RB, or S with the first few picks.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone made a good point that we are not drfting to win the Super Bowl this year, so Clausen might be the right pick, at least versus trading for McNabb. I think if the Bills address OL and QB in the first two rounds, in either order, then I'll be happy. The big scare I have is that the top-4 OT may be off the board by 9. If that's the case, then I think you either stick with Clausen and hope to get an second tier OL in round 2 (or try to patch together a line in free agency) or try to improve the D with McClain or Williams.

However, if they do draft Clausen, I think they need to sit him on the bench for a year and let him learn (aka, protect him from that terrible line so he's not a mental midget by 2011).

Either way, we have a lot of good options in a deep draft. Let's just hope we don't go off the reservation and draft a CB, WR, RB, or S with the first few picks.

If we do this CB, WR , RB, S stuff I will flip out. :blink:

he's not good for starters. he is also not good value at 9, and in that case we should attempt to trade down or take a more NFL ready prospect - Brandon Graham, Dan Williams if still there, etc. We have a lot of positions of need, and frankly I'd be OK with TE running this show for another year if need be, before reaching for Clausen who won't be the next Flacco or Matt Ryan.

In addition, Jason Campbell would be a great addition. I'd be willing to give up a 3rd or 4th on him, ship off whitner maybe? i mean, he was rumored to be going to Washington.

and on that note - lets all end the "trade marshawn" crap. the guy has game, why would we trade one of our few bright spots for a 4th? Freddie is NOT necessarily the better, more talented back. It's a nice problem to have on a team that has way too many issues.

I love how people make this an argument, you have no way of knowing this, no one does. This is all pure speculation, and biased based on someones atitude towards a certain player. How quickly people soon forget earlier in the college season he was rated the #1 prospect, not just QB but prospect in college football.

If we draft him great, if not all well.

I love how people make this an argument, you have no way of knowing this, no one does. This is all pure speculation, and biased based on someones atitude towards a certain player. How quickly people soon forget earlier in the college season he was rated the #1 prospect, not just QB but prospect in college football.

You and your precious "reasonableness", go away! We'll have none of that here.

He's a prick. When Shanahan spends two days with the guy then immediately turns around and trades for McNabb? That tells me all I need to know

Excellent observation based on absolutely nothing. Then again, I haven't met you and could probably draw the same conclusion and be right, so i guess it's a toss up.

I've met him multiple times and he's not a prick at all.

That was after Bradford went down. Anyway, so what he can throw a ball through a wall, if he is a prick and can't lead his team, he is worthless.

Excellent observation based on absolutely nothing. Then again, I haven't met you and could probably draw the same conclusion and be right, so i guess it's a toss up.

I've met him multiple times and he's not a prick at all.

How many times have I met him? Oh you don't know or even know if I have or not. So maybe my opinion is based off personal experience not just the many reports that seem to have this guy labeled with an attitude problem.

BTW when there is enough smoke there is fire. The kid has done this to himself.

How many times have I met him? Oh you don't know or even know if I have or not. So maybe my opinion is based off personal experience not just the many reports that seem to have this guy labeled with an attitude problem.

he will still be drafted in the first two rounds. There are a lot of prick NFL players who do just fine.

Washington told you all you need to know about Clausen. He's not a viable top 10 QB prospect. If he was - they wouldn't have just traded for McArrogant (who's lifespan is probably only 2-3 more years). There are much better options to draft at #9 over a player that won't be good enough to beat out Edwards, Fitzpatrick or even Brohm next year. I want a top 10 pick to contribute in a meaningful way next year, not collect millions for nothing (ala May-Suck).

Washington told you all you need to know about Clausen. He's not a viable top 10 QB prospect. If he was - they wouldn't have just traded for McArrogant (who's lifespan is probably only 2-3 more years). There are much better options to draft at #9 over a player that won't be good enough to beat out Edwards, Fitzpatrick or even Brohm next year. I want a top 10 pick to contribute in a meaningful way next year, not collect millions for nothing (ala May-Suck).

Not at all. Washington took a proven NFL quantity over a draft prospect. That is all.

If you dont like clausen thats fine but Shanahan wanting a guy who has been to 5 NFC championships vs a rookie really doesnt say a lot about the rookie no matter how much you want it to.

The anonymity of the internet allows people to not worry how idiotic their words make them seem.

Washington, with Shanahan and Snyder, have a win now approach. Still what does it say when you trade a vet QB to one of your division rivals? IMO, it means we're not scared of you beating us twice a year.

The Bills have needs at other postions which I prefer they address in round 1 (e.g. OT), but I've got no gripe if they take Clausen at #9. As for being a prick I think there's a fine line between that and having confidence and projecting that confidence in your actions and words. As he matures I suspect he'll adapt and refine his demeanor. All I know about the guy is what I've seen on Saturday afternoon's and from those performances he merits a good look.

Personal behavior aside, the only question that I care about is can the Bills win with this guy as the QB?

That was after Bradford went down. Anyway, so what he can throw a ball through a wall, if he is a prick and can't lead his team, he is worthless.

So you wouldn't say that Marino and Kelly were pricks? Two HUGE pricks; two HOF'ers. Nice guys (Trent) finish last.

His fellow players elected him captain. He played hurt and brought his team back in the 4th plenty of times. He accumulated great numbers playing for a fairly mediocre team against top competition under the biggest microscope in college football. This guy is no Ryan Leaf. By comparison, Leaf played in relative obscurity until he rocketed up the draft boards in his senior year.

Leaf threw more Td's and more yards on a worse team...it's all about the horrible attitude....Leaf was constantly, ESPECIALLY AFTER BIG LOSSES, losing his cool in the bar or in an interview....

We all know Clausen does the same thing.... after a big loss, him and his girl "exchanging words" and BANG PUNCHED IN HIS PUNK AZZ FACE...Jimmy Clausen is a bum, bust, loser, stay the hell out of Buffalo...BUFFALO FANS ARE TOUGHER THAN NOTRE DAME FANS....