We Definitely Don't Want to Draft Colt McCoy

Was just browsing NFL.com and came across a video called "Draft Journey". It featured Colt McCoy. He seems like a very intelligent kid. . . however, we DO NOT want him as a Bill. Reason: Of all people, Rob Johnson is/was his quarterback coach!! Yes, that Rob Johnson! Check it out for yourselves!

And why is that?

Do you have proof?

Any statistics or information to back up this idea of yours?

Or, are you just TRYING to act like you know something?

I'm sorry the idea of the Bills not drafting Colt McCoy is upsetting to you. Maybe you should talk about it with a professional.

Was just browsing NFL.com and came across a video called "Draft Journey". It featured Colt McCoy. He seems like a very intelligent kid. . . however, we DO NOT want him as a Bill. Reason: Of all people, Rob Johnson is/was his quarterback coach!! Yes, that Rob Johnson! Check it out for yourselves!

Yeah, nevermind that he had a 70% comp percentage every year and is the all time winningest NCAA Div I QB...definately don't want a guy like that. :thumbsup:

Who says Rob Johnson isn't a better coach than quarterback? It's possible.

I think Colt McCoy would be a solid pick. In the world of possibilities, if I had to pick a quarterback from this draft class, I'd go with him.

Who says Rob Johnson isn't a better coach than quarterback? It's possible.

I think Colt McCoy would be a solid pick. In the world of possibilities, if I had to pick a quarterback from this draft class, I'd go with him.

If you ever watched Rob Johnson in practices, he was awesome. He almost always through to right person, beautiful looking ball, understood the offence and helped the players around him with the plays. He was one of the greatest practice QBs ever. On the field, with the pressure around him, was a different story obviously. You don't coach on the field however, but in practice.

He probably makes a great teacher for QBs, as he really understood the plays, and how to execute them, and how to go through progressions in theory, even though he struggled with it in actual games. I wouldn't hold having an ex pro QB who stuck around the NFL for more than a few season, no matter how successful was on field, tutor an amateur.

A lot of times, the backups and even 3rd string QBs who stick around pros for more than a few seasons get to understand the coaching side of play QB, better than the starter in some ways. They often relay in the plays and help the starter learn the game plan and go over film with him to find ways to help find things may have missed or give look at from different viewpoint. That role is not unlike the role that Rob is playing for Colt according to this, and he did that for several years for a lot of different QBs not named Flutie. Now if he had Flutie as his mentor, then yes would be worried, as dividing locker rooms seems to have been his specialty.

I doubt Flutie would have had half the success he had with the bills, if Rob hadn't been their either honestly. Not because Rob tutored him in any way, but the rest of the offense was helped significantly by Rob in practices, due to the way he understood the offense and guided the younger players on the team. Flutie was not type to put the time in or go out of his way for anyone but himself. Plus if Flutie was better when he didn't have to start too many games in a row. If teams had a chance to game plan him and prepare too much, the "magic" wasn't so special. Having a true pocket QB as the other starter on and off, made defenses game plan like we had a QB that could throw the ball down the field, which helped a gadget player like Flutie a ton.

Back to point, I think a player like Johnson is an ideal choice as a short term mentor/coach for players just coming out of college to help them prepare for the huge jump to the next level.

There are alot of questions regarding McCoy. More of a West Coast QB, questionable arm strength, injury concerns due to size, and is only 6'1. That should be enough to scare anyone off in my opinion and doesn't seem like a fit for Buffalo.

Quarterback A: 6'0 209 lbs. From the great state of Texas. Two time heisman trophy finalist. Left after four years with big ten conference records for passing yards and passing touchdowns. Won the Maxwell award as the nation's outstanding player his senior season. He was also a finalist for the Davey O'Brien trophy (top QB in the nation) as a senior. Arm strength and injury concerns due to size when entering NFL draft.

Quarterback B: 6'1 216 lbs. From the great state of Texas. Two time heisman trophy finalist. Left after four years with big ten records for passing yardage and touchdowns. Won the Maxwell award as a senior. Won the Davey O'Brien trophy as a senior. Arm strength and injury concerns due to size before entering the NFL draft.

Quarterback A: Drew Brees

Quarterback B: Colt McCoy

But ya he's a definite backup his whole career.

Also, to say he's soft because of the injury in the championship game is complete ignorance. I watched 90% of this kid's games and he is one tough SOB. He took a pounding and always got up and won. He's a gamer and is going to be a terrific QB IMHO.

Quarterback A: 6'0 209 lbs. From the great state of Texas. Two time heisman trophy finalist. Left after four years with big ten conference records for passing yards and passing touchdowns. Won the Maxwell award as the nation's outstanding player his senior season. He was also a finalist for the Davey O'Brien trophy (top QB in the nation) as a senior. Arm strength and injury concerns due to size when entering NFL draft.

Quarterback B: 6'1 216 lbs. From the great state of Texas. Two time heisman trophy finalist. Left after four years with big ten records for passing yardage and touchdowns. Won the Maxwell award as a senior. Won the Davey O'Brien trophy as a senior. Arm strength and injury concerns due to size before entering the NFL draft.

Quarterback A: Drew Brees

Quarterback B: Colt McCoy

But ya he's a definite backup his whole career.

McCoy didn't play in the Big 10

I'm sorry the idea of the Bills not drafting Colt McCoy is upsetting to you. Maybe you should talk about it with a professional.

wells since you seem to

"know" why don't you just answer his questions or why you think the Bills won't.