Edwards Speaks

5 Wide

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...nt-on-2010.html

"I think first and foremost I needed to stay healthy. I think I took some hits I probably should have tried to avoid. There were some games that didn’t go the way we needed to. The ball didn’t bounce our way. There were plays left out on the field. It’s tough. Football’s a team sport. Obviously the quarterback’s the one they’re going to look at to put the blame on. Obviously I was that person that took a lot of the blame last year and rightfully so. I can definitely take that. Looking back on it injuries were something I needed to change and hopefully I can physically maintain myself next year."

Yup.. Injuries were all he needed to change last year.....

"I think first and foremost I needed to stay healthy. I think I took some hits I probably should have tried to avoid. There were some games that didn’t go the way we needed to. The ball didn’t bounce our way. There were plays left out on the field. It’s tough. Football’s a team sport. Obviously the quarterback’s the one they’re going to look at to put the blame on. Obviously I was that person that took a lot of the blame last year and rightfully so. I can definitely take that. Looking back on it injuries were something I needed to change and hopefully I can physically maintain myself next year."

wow - sounds like Jauron, Jr.

it's tough to win in the NFL too.

So now you're bashing him for trying to diplomatic and optimistic moving forward? Great thread.

No Hambone, I'm bashing him for being the same monotone cliche machine, and for all the things to focus on improving from 2009, he chose his ability to stay healthy.

Reminds me of the scene in "Bull Durham" when Tim Robbins blurted out every baseball cliche known to man. If Trent Edwards had any balls, he'd just come out and say something like, "I've sucked since I got here, and if I can't be any better than that, then I don't blame the Bills for going in another direction."

Reminds me of the scene in "Major League" when Tim Robbins blurted out every baseball cliche known to man. If Trent Edwards had any balls, he'd just come out and say something like, "I've sucked since I got here, and if I can't be any better than that, then I don't blame the Bills for going in another direction."

I would rather have him say that and have a positive outlook, then be Willis McGahee and bash the city. At least you know where his allegiance lies... by the way, it was Bull Durham.

I would rather have him say that and have a positive outlook, then be Willis McGahee and bash the city. At least you know where his allegiance lies... by the way, it was Bull Durham.

Correcting now :rolleyes:

I thought we fired Dick Jauron.

Now we've got to worry about the spirit of Jauron floating in and out of players at press conferences.

You'd think Chan and Buddy would have run that over in the General Lee by now.

Spoken like a true loser.

So now you're bashing him for trying to diplomatic and optimistic moving forward? Great thread.

You're right on the mark here. I'm reading the same thing as everyone here suggesting he's DJ2, dull, failing to take the blame and all I see is this:

Obviously I was that person that took a lot of the blame last year and rightfully so. I can definitely take that.

If you want a pound of flesh from the guy, fine. But if you want the whole truth, that would include Trent saying:

The offense has been a mess since I've been here.

The offense was a mess with me in the games.

The offense was a mess with me on the sidelines.

The offensive line was very inexperienced to start the year and that didn't help.

The offensive line looked different pretty much every week and that didn't help.

The head coach cutting a starter right before the season didn't help.

The head coach firing the offensive coordinator 72 hours before the pats game didn't help.

Having a rookie offensive coordinator learning on-the-job didn't help.

The fact that our #2 running back was suspended to start bthe season didn't help offensive continuity.

I'd bet many wouldn't like that either, but it's the truth.

I'm all for letting Chan Gailey figure this out. If he can get us some good qb play out of any of the three guys on the roster, great. I'm ok with a qb being happy to play for a guy who knows how to run an offense. I've seen enough crappy offensive football to last a lifetime, and that's just from last year.

No Hambone, I'm bashing him for being the same monotone cliche machine, and for all the things to focus on improving from 2009, he chose his ability to stay healthy.

Agreed. He must not have watched any game tape of himself if that's what he came up with.

I want him to say he grew a pair of balls in the offseason and will now throw downfield even if it means taking a hit. He pretty much said the opposite saying he needs to work on not getting injured. IMO he can work on not getting while sitting on the bench.

I guess this is where the haters are meeting.

This is the place! We hate injury prone QB's who won't throw the ball down the middle of the field. We hate QB's who checkdown every throw. We hate QB's who have zero confidence. Some here even hate QB's who are from California (which is insane)!

Join us, you'll be enlightened.

You're right on the mark here. I'm reading the same thing as everyone here suggesting he's DJ2, dull, failing to take the blame and all I see is this:

Obviously I was that person that took a lot of the blame last year and rightfully so. I can definitely take that.

If you want a pound of flesh from the guy, fine. But if you want the whole truth, that would include Trent saying:

The offense has been a mess since I've been here.

The offense was a mess with me in the games.

The offense was a mess with me on the sidelines.

The offensive line was very inexperienced to start the year and that didn't help.

The offensive line looked different pretty much every week and that didn't help.

The head coach cutting a starter right before the season didn't help.

The head coach firing the offensive coordinator 72 hours before the pats game didn't help.

Having a rookie offensive coordinator learning on-the-job didn't help.

The fact that our #2 running back was suspended to start bthe season didn't help offensive continuity.

I'd bet many wouldn't like that either, but it's the truth.

I'm all for letting Chan Gailey figure this out. If he can get us some good qb play out of any of the three guys on the roster, great. I'm ok with a qb being happy to play for a guy who knows how to run an offense. I've seen enough crappy offensive football to last a lifetime, and that's just from last year.

Good post.

I wish athlete's would take the pro wrestling approach and really speak their minds. It would be nice to hear Edwards say something like: "The coaches last year didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground" or "My high school coach was calling harder plays than the Bills coaches were last year" or another, "Maybe if I could get some decent linemen that know how to block worth a damn, maybe I wouldn't have been knocked on my ass as much!!"

This is the place! We hate injury prone QB's who won't throw the ball down the middle of the field. We hate QB's who checkdown every throw. We hate QB's who have zero confidence. Some here even hate QB's who are from California (which is insane)!

Join us, you'll be enlightened.

Oh brother.

Injury prone? Did you see the crushing he took when he got hurt? Part of me wold love to see how some of the haters would react if they got the sh*t kicked out of them the way TE did (especially by those Jet defenders when he got hurt).

As for the rest, I believe the guy can play provided he gets some protection. To state this conversely, if we do not improve the line, it does not make too much difference who is back there.

Oh brother.

Injury prone? Did you see the crushing he took when he got hurt? Part of me wold love to see how some of the haters would react if they got the sh*t kicked out of them the way TE did (especially by those Jet defenders when he got hurt).

As for the rest, I believe the guy can play provided he gets some protection. To state this conversely, if we do not improve the line, it does not make too much difference who is back there.

You guys must have a short memory... you can give Trent the great wall of china and he would still check down and miss wide open receivers. Yeah, okay on the injuries, I'll give that a pass, but Trent sucks. He hasn't won since high school. Stop making excuses for him.

I guess the reason I started this thread is the following:

Edwards went from a promising rookie to a watered down deer in the headlights afraid to make a mistake. He hadn't spoke to the media since November, and now with the house cleaning that just happened at OBD, I was hoping for a refreshed take from the guy. Unfortunately, to me, it seemed like the same type of answers/attitude we saw last year.

Where did he say that? He said 'first and foremost'. You can't get better if you're injured.

I don't want the guy as our QB, but why go to such great lengths to twist his words to bash him? A lot of wasted effort on your part.

"I think I took some hits I probably should have tried to avoid" Says Edwards.

I'm glad that you brought up the Jets game. Here it is at the 12 second mark. He takes a 3 step drop, the ball should be gone at the top of his drop, he won't pull the trigger and he puts his head down and takes a big hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jKeLrygAvc

Now if you know anything about football, that ball should've been gone and if the play wasn't there, you don't put your head down and run into the D line! He takes so many shots because he won't throw the ball and he just cannot take a hit properly! Read what he said above! Stop with the man love for a below average QB!

You guys must have a short memory... you can give Trent the great wall of china and he would still check down and miss wide open receivers. Yeah, okay on the injuries, I'll give that a pass, but Trent sucks. He hasn't won since high school. Stop making excuses for him.

The Bills have not had anything approaching the "Great Wall of China" since Jim Kelly was the QB.

I guess the reason I started this thread is the following:

Edwards went from a promising rookie to a watered down deer in the headlights afraid to make a mistake. He hadn't spoke to the media since November, and now with the house cleaning that just happened at OBD, I was hoping for a refreshed take from the guy. Unfortunately, to me, it seemed like the same type of answers/attitude we saw last year.

In part I agree, he could have said something a little more interesting.

I think he was being diplomatic, and rightly so. He could have pointed to all of the complete BS, unjustifiably stupid moves the front office made right before the start of the season that really didn't do much for this kid.

A lesser man would be really really openly pissed about what the Front Office did to this guy's career last year.

You are right, he was a promising rookie, and we screwed him out of any promise he may have had by releasing our entire OL, and getting our RB suspended and signing the most un-quarterback-friendly WR in the league

All just days before the opener.

That, my friends, was some BS, and expecting this guy to be remorseful is just more BS.

As for his attitude, I'd say its about as positive as can be expected given the complete and royal screwing we gave him.

"I think I took some hits I probably should have tried to avoid" Says Edwards.

I'm glad that you brought up the Jets game. Here it is at the 12 second mark. He takes a 3 step drop, the ball should be gone at the top of his drop, he won't pull the trigger and he puts his head down and takes a big hit.

Now if you know anything about football, that ball should've been gone and if the play wasn't there, you don't put your head down and run into the D line! He takes so many shots because he won't throw the ball and he just cannot take a hit properly! Read what he said above! Stop with the man love for a below average QB!

You are funny. The pocket collapsed in two seconds and the guy got crushed. The clip (which I have seen before) is interesting for at least a couple of reasons. He did not get hurt because (as you guys insinuate) he is fragile or afraid. Second, if he threw the ball away, you guys would call him check down charlie. Either way, the haters will hate.

In part I agree, he could have said something a little more interesting.

I think he was being diplomatic, and rightly so. He could have pointed to all of the complete BS, unjustifiably stupid moves the front office made right before the start of the season that really didn't do much for this kid.

A lesser man would be really really openly pissed about what the Front Office did to this guy's career last year.

You are right, he was a promising rookie, and we screwed him out of any promise he may have had by releasing our entire OL, and getting our RB suspended and signing the most un-quarterback-friendly WR in the league

All just days before the opener.

That, my friends, was some BS, and expecting this guy to be remorseful is just more BS.

As for his attitude, I'd say its about as positive as can be expected given the complete and royal screwing we gave him.

Very good post. If they did that to me, I would be pretty bitter.

Where did he say that? He said 'first and foremost'. You can't get better if you're injured.

I don't want the guy as our QB, but why go to such great lengths to twist his words to bash him? A lot of wasted effort on your part.

Going to great lengths to twist his words and bash him? It's a direct quote. If you consider copy and paste a lot of effort, then I pity you.

I wish athlete's would take the pro wrestling approach and really speak their minds. It would be nice to hear Edwards say something like: "The coaches last year didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground" or "My high school coach was calling harder plays than the Bills coaches were last year" or another, "Maybe if I could get some decent linemen that know how to block worth a damn, maybe I wouldn't have been knocked on my ass as much!!"

LMAO!! Those are some funny quotes. It would be cool to hear athlete's say stuff like that, but then again athlete's have to act in a professional level (or at least somewhat professional) and use some political correctness, otherwise they'd get fined and/or booted from the team.

"I think first and foremost I needed to stay healthy. I think I took some hits I probably should have tried to avoid. There were some games that didn't go the way we needed to. The ball didn't bounce our way. There were plays left out on the field. It's tough. Football's a team sport. Obviously the quarterback's the one they're going to look at to put the blame on. Obviously I was that person that took a lot of the blame last year and rightfully so. I can definitely take that. Looking back on it injuries were something I needed to change and hopefully I can physically maintain myself next year."

First and foremost, you aren't an NFL Calibre QB. If this assclown starts, expect 2 wins next year

You are funny. The pocket collapsed in two seconds and the guy got crushed. The clip show (which I have seen before) is interesting for at least a couple of reasons. He did not get hurt because (as you guys insinuate) he is fragile or afraid. Second, if he threw the ball away , you guys would call him check down charlie. Either way, the haters will hate.

It's a 3 step drop. A 3 step drop is designed to get the ball out quickly. 3 step drops are used against teams like the Jets all of the time to neutralize the blitz. He won't pull the trigger and puts his head down and gets killed. That is what happened, there is really no argument.

Then to your other point about the pocket collapsing in 2 seconds. Go back and watch it again with a stopwatch. He has a clean pocket for at least 3.5 seconds, which is plenty in the 3 step game and AGAIN he puts his head down and then and only then does he take a brutal hit. He said it himself, he needs to learn how to AVOID hits.

The only thing I will say is that the WR might have been covered, but that just highlights another one of Trent's problems, his first read wasn't there so he panicked! That is not the sign of a good QB.

And to your last point, you said, if he checked down, we would complain? So by that logic, you're saying that he didn't check down because he didn't want to get ridiculed? Even Trent would call you an idiot for that one!

First and foremost, you aren't an NFL Calibre QB. If this assclown starts, expect 2 wins next year

I will take that action.

I always have respected your opinion, but disagree on Edwards.

Doesn't matter, if you have a limp armed, weak minded kitty at QB, It doesn't matter who your QB is

I will say this for you - you have never been understated.

Nevertheless, I disagree.

It's a 3 step drop. A 3 step drop is designed to get the ball out quickly. 3 step drops are used against teams like the Jets all of the time to neutralize the blitz. He won't pull the trigger and puts his head down and gets killed. That is what happened, there is really no argument.

Then to your other point about the pocket collapsing in 2 seconds. Go back and watch it again with a stopwatch. He has a clean pocket for at least 3.5 seconds, which is plenty in the 3 step game and AGAIN he puts his head down and then and only then does he take a brutal hit. He said it himself, he needs to learn how to AVOID hits.

The only thing I will say is that the WR might have been covered, but that just highlights another one of Trent's problems, his first read wasn't there so he panicked! That is not the sign of a good QB.

And to your last point, you said, if he checked down, we would complain? So by that logic, you're saying that he didn't check down because he didn't want to get ridiculed? Even Trent would call you an idiot for that one!

I stand by my original post. I seem to have struck a nerve with you.

I stand by my original post. I seem to have struck a nerve with you.

You haven't struck a nerve at all. It's pretty obvious that you know nothing about football and your Trent obsession has clouded your judgement.

Here it is again, please have your Dad look at it and tell you what really happens.

You haven't struck a nerve at all. It's pretty obvious that you know nothing about football and your Trent obsession has clouded your judgement.

Here it is again, please have your Dad look at it and tell you what really happens.

Listen buddy. I disagree with you. I have tried to be civil with you and you resort to calling me an idiot and that I should have my Dad look at it blah blah blah. Clearly, I struck a nerve.