WOW, Kudos Allen Wilson

Lv-Bills

So, Wilson actually files an informative article. We actually learned that Nix wont be bringing back Simmons and McKinney on the line. Johnston and Hardy will get a chance to prove themselves. Nix isn't really targeting WR help. We might still go get two OTs. Holy crap, actual useful info from a hometown reporter. Kudos Allen Wilson. Short, sweet, and informative, to some extent article.

Well done for once. We now can let go of the Kendall Simmons pipe dreams. We also now know Davis, Edwards, and brown are also here for leadership.

So, Wilson actually files an informative article. We actually learned that Nix wont be bringing back Simmons and McKinney on the line. Johnston and Hardy will get a chance to prove themselves. Nix isn't really targeting WR help. We might still go get two OTs. Holy crap, actual useful info from a hometown reporter. Kudos Allen Wilson. Short, sweet, and informative, to some extent article.

Well done for once. We now can let go of the Kendall Simmons pipe dreams. We also now know Davis, Edwards, and brown are also here for leadership.

You're reading a bit too much into the article. Nix didn't make himself all that clear.

"Nix isn't really targeting WR help?" He didn't really say that.

"We might go get two OTs?" He didn't say that either, really. Just that he wasn't ruling it out.

Very interested in seeing Hardy and Johnson get more reps. Nix is exactly right, you HAVE to see what you have there. Makes it all the more frustrating that the old man didn't send down an executive order to play the young guys at the end of last year when the season was already lost. Guys like Hardy, Johnson, Ellis, Nic Harris, Maybin collecting dust so we could eek out wins against the likes of KC and get a lower draft pick this year in the process? Give me a break.

even more funny are the claims that we have a huge hole at WR, and have to take one early.

hey i said we have a hole at WR, I never said to take one early...we do have a hole there if you can't see it I think that's pretty ignorant.

Very interested in seeing Hardy and Johnson get more reps. Nix is exactly right, you HAVE to see what you have there. Makes it all the more frustrating that the old man didn't send down an executive order to play the young guys at the end of last year when the season was already lost. Guys like Hardy, Johnson, Ellis, Nic Harris, Maybin collecting dust so we could eek out wins against the likes of KC and get a lower draft pick this year in the process? Give me a break.

But those wins are going to carry the winning mentality into 2010!!!!

:beer:

Truthfully, outside of secondary and guys who kick the ball, is there really a position on this team where if we brought in a stud, you would say to yourself "wow, they were already set there!!!"

Obviously we won't be drafting a guard or a fullback 9th overall, but name a position on the roster, and you could make the argument we need help there.

And for the love of god will people stop saying we should have brought Incognito back!! When did this guy become Steve Hutchinson? I live in St. Louis, and let me tell you, the Rams have been AWFULL over the last few years, but this guy has single handedly cost them games. Even in a game they won ( 2008 vs Washington), they were down in Washington territory with seconds left down by 1 point, and Incognito got into a fight with a Redskins player, and moved Josh Brown back from kicking a chip shot 35 yard FG to having to hit a 50 yard FG with the game on the line. Luckily for him, Brown made the kick.

The guy is a penalty machine. He played it off in Buffalo like he was frustrated by losing, but there was a streak of games where every week he was committing a penalty. I know fans like his "passion and fire", but I guarantee you, if he would have been a 16 game starter, there WOULD have been an instance where his stupidity cost us valuable points and maybe even a game or 2.

Truthfully, outside of secondary and guys who kick the ball, is there really a position on this team where if we brought in a stud, you would say to yourself "wow, they were already set there!!!"

Obviously we won't be drafting a guard or a fullback 9th overall, but name a position on the roster, and you could make the argument we need help there.

And for the love of god will people stop saying we should have brought Incognito back!! When did this guy become Steve Hutchinson? I live in St. Louis, and let me tell you, the Rams have been AWFULL over the last few years, but this guy has single handedly cost them games. Even in a game they won ( 2008 vs Washington), they were down in Washington territory with seconds left down by 1 point, and Incognito got into a fight with a Redskins player, and moved Josh Brown back from kicking a chip shot 35 yard FG to having to hit a 50 yard FG with the game on the line. Luckily for him, Brown made the kick.

The guy is a penalty machine. He played it off in Buffalo like he was frustrated by losing, but there was a streak of games where every week he was committing a penalty. I know fans like his "passion and fire", but I guarantee you, if he would have been a 16 game starter, there WOULD have been an instance where his stupidity cost us valuable points and maybe even a game or 2.

sounded a bit like dick jauron in that last sentence, if you take how "the fans like his passion and fire" and replace it with "fans often wonder if he has a pulse".

hey i said we have a hole at WR, I never said to take one early...we do have a hole there if you can't see it I think that's pretty ignorant.

needing to bring in some depth is different from a huge hole boy. As of right now we have our projected top 4 wrs, competition should be brought in, but theres no giant hole.

needing to bring in some depth is different from a huge hole boy. As of right now we have our projected top 4 wrs, competition should be brought in, but theres no giant hole.

The Bills have ONE WR deserving of being on an NFL roster and its not a big hole?

The drafts of Hardly and Maybinot have killed us. To expect Hardly to do anything at all is ridiculous. Johnson may turn into Sam Aiken if we're lucky and Roscoe is well, Roscoe.

I'd say the hole is at QB. Reserve judgment on the young WRs until you get a QB that can actually get them the ball. 80% of the time, a good/great QB makes his WRs good, or better than they are...

The Bills have ONE WR deserving of being on an NFL roster and its not a big hole?

The drafts of Hardly and Maybinot have killed us. To expect Hardly to do anything at all is ridiculous. Johnson may turn into Sam Aiken if we're lucky and Roscoe is well, Roscoe.

everybody has to start somewhere, hardy came in raw, we knew that, wrs usually take 3 yrs to develop, this is yr 3, we got 2 young, talented, and cheap wrs that need to see the field and prove their worth.

why is it rediculous to expect anything from hardy, cause he was hurt most of last yr?

Our #2 and #3 receivers didn't even PLAY last year!! Lee couldn't even get open with TO and Reed on the field, how is he going to get open now?

We should have traded our 3rd for Boldin, but that would've made too much sense.

I'd say the hole is at QB. Reserve judgment on the young WRs until you get a QB that can actually get them the ball. 80% of the time, a good/great QB makes his WRs good, or better than they are...

Ehh... agreed on the QB. If you're Peyton Manning than you are 100% correct, but even the Colts take WR with regularity because Peyton can't do it all. As it stands right now, they will stack 8 in the box and take out Fred/Marshawn.

Our #2 and #3 receivers didn't even PLAY last year!! Lee couldn't even get open with TO and Reed on the field, how is he going to get open now?

We should have traded our 3rd for Boldin, but that would've made too much sense.

You're right. The way to build a championship football team is to spend $16 million on 2 receiver who are entering their 30s.

And Wilson and Gaughan are very good at their jobs. Sullivan, on the other hand, is the voice of the miserable.

You're right. The way to build a championship football team is to spend $16 million on 2 receiver who are entering their 30s.

And Wilson and Gaughan are very good at their jobs. Sullivan, on the other hand, is the voice of the miserable.

Boldin makes $7 mil per year. Lee Evans makes $9.31 mil per year.

Boldin is 29, Evans is 29.

Boldins stats > Evans stats by a lot

Why would we trade our third round pick for a player better than Evans? Really?? Come on... give whoever we put at QB a chance.

Boldin makes $7 mil per year. Lee Evans makes $9.31 mil per year.

Boldin is 29, Evans is 29.

Boldins stats > Evans stats by a lot

Why would we trade our third round pick for a player better than Evans? Really?? Come on... give whoever we put at QB a chance.

This is one of the most silly arguments and you are demonstrating my point. Receiver is the most dependant position in football. With a good oline, QB, and playcalling, your receivers are worthless. If you switched Evans and Boldin, their #s would be entirely different.

You don't build a team around receivers unless you're Matt Millen.

This is one of the most silly arguments and you are demonstrating my point. Receiver is the most dependant position in football. With a good oline, QB, and playcalling, your receivers are worthless. If you switched Evans and Boldin, their #s would be entirely different.

Did Matt Millen build his team around proven Pro-Bowlers at WR or did he reach on draft picks?

Fine... let's assume Evans = Boldin. You can pick up another Evans for a 3rd round pick and $7 mil per year and choose not to do it? Agreed that a OL and QB help the WR. You still have your first two picks!!

How many pro-bowlers come from the 3rd round? Not enough to justify passing on a proven commodity.

Our #2 and #3 receivers didn't even PLAY last year!! Lee couldn't even get open with TO and Reed on the field, how is he going to get open now?We should have traded our 3rd for Boldin, but that would've made too much sense.

Sorry but when capt checkdown doesnt look down the field it doesnt matter.

I was at the games,...he was open Trent just did his o **** dump off to johnathan Stupar for 2 yeards

Who's brown?

even more funny are the claims that we have a huge hole at WR, and have to take one early.

Other than Lee Evans--who's a very good #2 WR/deep burner--what proven commodities do the Bills have at WR? There's Hardy--who looks like he could be a bust. There's Steve Johnson, a 7th round pick who's looked good in the preseason, and in his very limited playing time in the regular season. But let's face it: a guy with maybe a dozen or so career NFL receptions has a long way to go before he proves himself the next Andre Reed! And there's the diminutive Roscoe Parrish, who is more of a gadget player and punt returner than he is a viable option as a receiver.

WR is a gaping hole on this team. However, there are other, even more important holes--at QB, LT, NT, etc., which can and should be addressed first.

Way to make stuff up to create an argument.

I can't believe you are actually making me do this...

EVANS

Year Team G Rec Yds Y/G 100 Yd TD

2004 BUF 16 48 843 52.7 2 9

2005 BUF 16 49 743 46.4 2 7

2006 BUF 16 82 1290 80.6 3 8

2007 BUF 16 55 849 53.1 2 5

2008 BUF 16 63 1017 63.6 4 3

2009 BUF 15 40 563 37.5 0 6

BOLDIN

Year Team G Rec Yds Y/G 100 Yd TD

2003 ARZ 16 101 1377 86.1 5 8

2004 ARZ 10 56 623 62.3 2 1

2005 ARZ 14 102 1398 99.9 8 7

2006 ARZ 16 83 1203 75.2 4 4

2007 ARZ 12 71 853 71.1 2 9

2008 ARZ 12 89 1038 86.5 3 11

2009 ARZ 14 81 986 70.4 3 4

Boldin kills Evans in Rec., Yards, Yards/GM, 100 Yrd games. The only argument could possibly be for Evans with TDs, but even that isn't a good argument. Evans averages 6.33 TD/season = Boldin is 6.29 TD/Season.

The stats do not lie.

In the spirit of not letting the hometown writers off easy (from the article, second to last paragraph):

"It was the latest in a string of incidents for Lynch, who was suspended the first four games last season for violating the league's personal conduct policy."

Wasn't Lynch suspended for three games, not four?

Come on Allen, you're better than that.

I wouldn't build my team around a WR, but its no coincidence that the same WRs are good each year, there are rarely any players that suddenly have good years, except someone like Miles Austin. Unlike RB, you can't just plug guys in at WR and they end up successful. RB however, is very much dependant on other positions, obviously the offensive line.

Yeah, it's funny how some were claiming we're "deep" at Guard, when in fact if Wood can't go (and there's a good chance he won't be able to), we're in sorry shape.

On a positive note, I think what can be said is that Chan, Buddy, Whaley and crew have assessed the roster and have determined that Simmons and McKinney are expendable. Not worth retaining.