UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

At about the 23 minute mark Lombardi says there is serious buzz that the Bills had been targeting Tebow at #41 but no longer believe he'll still be around that late and are now giving serious consideration to using the #9 pick on him.

It is all lies and bullcrap between now and the draft.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they want him, pick him. just cause some analysis dude on some TV station or radio show says that Tebow is a 3rd round talent. doesnt make tebow a 3rd round talent. if the bills pick him in the first round thats their pick..

Is it significant that timtebow is receiving approximately $93M less after a stellar college career than Lebron James got coming out of HS?

Does Nike dole out contracts based on expected earning potential?

I'm not sure what that has to do with Danny Wuerffel.

I don't know. Something tells me Gailey has fallen head over heels for Tebow.

If that's the case, I'd hope he'd have a real good idea how to use him this season effectively while also grooming him for the starting job. That's a hell of a gamble for the new FO as a first pick. It might be boom or bust as far as their credibility as FO is concerned.

It is all lies and bullcrap between now and the draft.

Let's hope so. If the league considers us a joke now I can't imagine the negative publicity if we took him at #9.

However, I think the fans would get over it quick because of the man-crush factor, Kelly/Nix/Gailey signing off and the hype of a potential franchise QB.

if they want him, pick him. just cause some analysis dude on some TV station or radio show says that Tebow is a 3rd round talent. doesnt make tebow a 3rd round talent. if the bills pick him in the first round thats their pick..

totally agree!, after enduring the drafts of the 2000's , what is there to lose?, if they feel tebow is the guy, i am on board, have a degree of confidence in nix's judgment. go get him!

However, I think the fans would get over it quick because of the man-crush factor, Kelly/Nix/Gailey signing off and the hype of a potential franchise QB.

If we pick Tebow I'm expecting some initial groans by a faction of fans but I'm sure once he steps foot in Buffalo and says all the right things Tebowmania is going to spread like wildfire.

I have alot of faith in Buddy -- but Tebow and #9 would be hard for me to stomach -- especially after last year's first round debacle.

ideally, trade down, add a pick, then take him later in the first round with that pick. lets face it, its as much a crapshoot as ever, who really knows?, i am sick of draft talk by the "experts", see tom brady.

Nah. I've convinced myself that if he's there at 41 he's ours. I cannot see it happening at 9. Nobody would draft him at 9.

If Gailey and Nix are convinced that Tebow is a franchise QB, and that he won't be around at 41 and they are unable to trade down then I absolutely could see them taking him at #9.

If Gailey and Nix are convinced that Tebow is a franchise QB, and that he won't be around at 41 and they are unable to trade down then I absolutely could see them taking him at #9.

That would be one dumb*** decision IMO. Anyone who's "convinced" that he'll be a franchise NFL QB is fooling themselves. The only thing anyone should be convinced of is that Tebow will work his butt off to try. He has a lot to overcome, but 100% effort will be there on his part. Any sensible "football guy" knows he's a roll of the dice that simply doesn't merit a top ten draft choice. I think drafting him anywhere in the top two rounds is a reach. Could it pay off? Sure, but why gamble that big on a team with so many damn needs. This particular draft class is deep with talented players that can address some of those immediate needs? It just doesn't make any damn sense at all to me.

Hopefully the new tandem of Buddy and Chan realize this.