UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

I have serious questions about Tebow but claims like this are just silly. No one has any idea how Tebow will be in the pros so stop being so dramatic. And since this guy said it, it's guaranteed not to happen anyways.

What claim is silly? that he has terrible mechanics and an average at best arm? That I won't be spending my money on the bills? I don't live in buffalo, and usually make it back for one or two games a year, so it wouldn't exactly be a huge change for me to quit forking over the cash.

You're just about the biggest Pollyanna on the board, and you want to be ready to cheerlead no matter what boneheaded mistake the Bills make. Drafting Tebow anytime in the first 3 rounds would be the worst drafting blunder since drafting Mike Williams, and probably even worse since at least Williams looked at the draft like he could play the position. Tebow doesn't.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The buffalo bills won't see a dime of my money so long as the front office that drafts Tim Tebow is intact. I don't believe this story for a second. Time Tebow is the mother of all media hype stories.

Slow, poor accuracy,below average arm strength, terrible mechanics...sounds like a brilliant !@#$ing move for a team that wants to sink its season.

At some point heart just isn't enough.

Oh, don't forget National champion, Heisman trophy winner, Heisman Trophy runner-up, TD leader in college football history, great speed, smart, and WINNER.

I would take him in the 2nd and love it. This coach made a decent QB out of jay fiedler, tyler thigpen, and Kordell stewart, I think he could do the same with one of the best athletes coming out this year.

4.7 40 is not slow. His accuracy is not poor. He has above average arm strength. You can fix your mechanics. Yep, sounds like a brilliant move to me.

He's slow in that he's not a threat to outrun NFL defenses like Mike Vick was, and without that threat, he loses his greatest competitive advantage which set him apart from everyone in college.

He's not fast enough and he's not strong enough to be an NFL runner. And his arm strength is not above average, I've seen him throw way too many ducks to ever believe that.

Oh, don't forget National champion, Heisman trophy winner, Heisman Trophy runner-up, TD leader in college football history, great speed, smart, and WINNER.

I would take him in the 2nd and love it. This coach made a decent QB out of jay fiedler, tyler thigpen, and Kordell stewart, I think he could do the same with one of the best athletes coming out this year.

his speed is not NFL calibre, and the NFL is littered with the rusting hulks of Heisman Trophy winning, National Championship winning QBs.

Quick, someone get Eric Crouch, Danny Wuerrful and Chris Weinke a contract to try out STAT!

Charlie Ward was an utterly amazing, mesmerizing NCAA QB, and he didn't even try for the NFL because he knew he didn't fit in.

Okay by me. I just asked this question on another thread. I would not chance a high pick on a guy that has to learn to throw all over again. Does anybody on this board know of anyone who has suceeded in the NFL after having to change their "mechanics" so drastically?

Not defending Tebow or anything, but I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers had to seriously change his throw when he entered

Not a bad idea to grab him in the 2nd round and offer to trade him to JAX if the price is right. This of course assumes your comfortable if you get stuck with him, which I would be in the 2nd round, particularly given what Gailey has done with other similar QB's.

Not for nothing, but Mayock said Robert Ayers was the best defensive player in the draft last year. Ayers had 19 tackles and 0 sacks.

At DE, nows he is out of position as an OLB

He's slow in that he's not a threat to outrun NFL defenses like Mike Vick was, and without that threat, he loses his greatest competitive advantage which set him apart from everyone in college.

He's not fast enough and he's not strong enough to be an NFL runner. And his arm strength is not above average, I've seen him throw way too many ducks to ever believe that.

He is a QB, We dont need him running much. But he is very athletic and can really move in the pocket. Thats the movement we need and he is more than athletic enough to do it.

I have seen him throw way too many 50+ yard frozen ropes to say his arm is below average.

IIRC, Rivers had the sidearm knock against him, also.

And it didnt hurt Brett Farve to keep the ball at his hip for his entire career.

I don't need to know how to cook to know that the fish on my plate is rotten

This probably the worst analogy ever. Quarterback is the hardest position to evaluate in terms of the transition from the college game to the pros. I'm not saying that he will be a great quarterback in the nfl but it is asinine to say that he will be terrible. He has all the intangibles of being a competitor, willingness to work hard, and has played in big games throughout his college career in the hardest division in college. Not only that, you claim you wont put any money toward the organization if they make this move is retarded. You obviously continued to use your cash when the bills made terrible picks in the past like J.P. Losman. How can picking Tebow be worse than how the J.P. Losman pick turned out?

Then it will cost them next year's 1st rounder, since Jacksonville is without a 2nd round pick in this year's draft (traded to New England during the 2009 draft).

Which is where NE may take him, unless they take him with their 1st.

What claim is silly? that he has terrible mechanics and an average at best arm? That I won't be spending my money on the bills? I don't live in buffalo, and usually make it back for one or two games a year, so it wouldn't exactly be a huge change for me to quit forking over the cash.

You're just about the biggest Pollyanna on the board, and you want to be ready to cheerlead no matter what boneheaded mistake the Bills make. Drafting Tebow anytime in the first 3 rounds would be the worst drafting blunder since drafting Mike Williams, and probably even worse since at least Williams looked at the draft like he could play the position. Tebow doesn't.

Rather be a Pollyanna than a whiny female dog who makes dumb absolute statements. I think Tebow will struggle to make the adjustment to the NFL but saying you are giving up your tixs if we draft is dumb. As much as like to think it, you don't know Sh#t. Give up your tixs because it's to hard to go to games. not because of Tebow. Because Nix & Gailey have forgotten more football than you have ever known. If they think Tebow can make the adjustment, it carries a million times more weight than your meaningless opinion.

Fiedler and Thigpen sucked. Stewart had two good years and lots of bad ones. He lost his job to Tommy Maddox. Is that what you are hoping for us, a guy who might, maybe, be as good as Jay Fiedler?

Nothing is for sure in the draft but there are a lot less riskier picks then Tebow who, so far, crapped out so bad at the Senior Bowl that he chickened out of throwing at the combine. Not exactly proving the skeptics wrong is he?