Bills and Browns to meet with Spikes

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ut-with-spikes/

Seems like the Bills are meeting with a lot of first round prospects.

Draft day will be interesting. I can honestly say i dont know what position we WILL draft in round 1

Also, it's from PFT so take it for what it's worth.

I thought they would want to meet with McClain first

sounds like we want to trade down. 9 is a good spot. Berry might be there, Spiller, Claussen...good chance there is a team willing to trade up. And it would be great to stockpile picks this year, especially if Buluga and Okung are gone

I like Spikes.

I don't "#9 overall" like him, but I do like him. Can't hurt to have a sit down with the guy and find out a little more about him.

agreed, and i guess depending on who is already drafted, if we took him at 9 i wouldnt be too mad. but it would have to be the perfect situation for me to justify taking him, meaning Bradford, McClain, top 2 DLs, top 2 OTackles would have to be off the board. and even then...

I like Spikes.

I don't "#9 overall" like him, but I do like him. Can't hurt to have a sit down with the guy and find out a little more about him.

Question is...would you take him in round 2 if we already grabbed a OT at 9 and Cam Thomas or Cody is there at 41???

sounds like we want to trade down. 9 is a good spot. Berry might be there, Spiller, Claussen...good chance there is a team willing to trade up. And it would be great to stockpile picks this year, especially if Buluga and Okung are gone

A trade down is exactly what it sounds like. Good move IMHO we have multiple needs and more draft picks are exactly what we need

I like Spikes, but hear me out. Everyone is convinced he will be an ILB right? Well I think he would be a great LOLB. If you watched Florida closely you noticed that Spikes played a lot of DE in passing situations and I think that could result in him being considered for a 3-4 OLB. Last season Cushing was the same way - having played DE his entire freshman year and in many passing situations. Mayock said he was scheme diverse and could play inside or outside in any D.

I like players like Spikes because he was good enough to be the best middle LB AND the best pass rushing DE on FLORIDA - one of the most talented roster in college football. I could see him playing inside or outside and I like that diversity.

what do you guys think?

Does Uncle Takeo's Buffalo experience help us or hurt us?

I understand that if we draft him, he doesnt really have a choice. But I would like to think the Takeo only has good things to say about the Bills. We cheered for him as a Bengal at the end of the season. He was excited to come to the Bills. Not sure if he can hold it against the organization for releasing him after a major injury...

what do you guys think?

Does Uncle Takeo's Buffalo experience help us or hurt us?

I understand that if we draft him, he doesnt really have a choice. But I would like to think the Takeo only has good things to say about the Bills. We cheered for him as a Bengal at the end of the season. He was excited to come to the Bills. Not sure if he can hold it against the organization for releasing him after a major injury...

IIRC Spikes asked to be traded and the Bills obliged. All he ever wanted was to play in a playoff game, but this year may be his last chance. I hope the 49ers win the SB this year just for Spikes. He certainly deserves it, and its not like the Bills have a chance...

A trade down is exactly what it sounds like. Good move IMHO we have multiple needs and more draft picks are exactly what we need

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of trading down. I think an extra pick or two in the early rounds could do wonders if we hit on the right guys.

I like Spikes.

If I were the Bills I would be looking to trade down and stockpile picks...

agreed, and i guess depending on who is already drafted, if we took him at 9 i wouldnt be too mad. but it would have to be the perfect situation for me to justify taking him, meaning Bradford, McClain, top 2 DLs, top 2 OTackles would have to be off the board. and even then...

too many needs...we need a lot of spots...

Just doin their hw, no way he goes at 9 so they're probably think rd 2, with mcclain revealing chronn's disease I gotta think he's dropped on a lot of boards so if we take an inside backer it'll be a later pick. All in all I think nix is just putting feelers out there and setting up what he wants everyone else to see, idk but I gotta feelin we will be very active during the draft and walk away from that weekend making a splash.

Instead of trading down, maybe they are looking to do what the team has done a bunch of times recently and trade back into the late 1st round?

Everyone always says they should trade down and get more later picks, but what would be better? Grab a bunch of OK guys just to fill spots, or grab a couple of really good players?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ut-with-spikes/

Seems like the Bills are meeting with a lot of first round prospects.

Draft day will be interesting. I can honestly say i dont know what position we WILL draft in round 1

Also, it's from PFT so take it for what it's worth.

I thought they would want to meet with McClain first

I for one love how we are doing such in depth scouting of potential draft picks. I really wish we would dump lynch and whitner to give Nix more picks.

Question is...would you take him in round 2 if we already grabbed a OT at 9 and Cam Thomas or Cody is there at 41???

I think Spikes goes to Oakland right before our #41 pick, and here's who's on the board at need positions when we draft RD#2:

Colt McCoy QB Texas

Jerry Hughes DE43 TCU

Brandon LaFell WRF LSU

Aaron Hernandez TE Florida

Rodger Saffold OT Indiana

Damian Williams WRF USC

Daryl Washington ILB TCU

Arrelious Benn WRF Illinois

Demaryius Thomas WRP Georgia Tech

Jason Worilds OLB34 Virginia Tech

Dexter McCluster WRS Mississippi

Selvish Capers OT West Virginia

Tim Tebow QB Florida

Rodger Saffold OT Indiana

Terrence Cody DT34 Alabama

Comparing these possibilities to their order on our Big Board, the best Value Picks are Aaron Hernandez and

Dexter McCluster, and the biggest Reach is Selvish Capers. Flame Away.