The entire 2010 season was ruined with one play

Imagine, if you will, one night in New England when the Bills had the game in their hands, and millions of fans nationwide were biting their nails knowing full well they would find a way to lose.

Imagine Bobby April pulling Leodis McKelvin aside and telling him, "Son, I don't care what happens out there. You take a knee."

The Bills win that game, the entire season takes a different direction. We finished 6-10. That win alone would've made us at least 7-9, and losing the worst game in football history to the Browns....turn that around and the team would have been .500.

Throw in another win or two, and suddenly that year was not as disgusting as it turned out to be.

I'm glad it went down that way, because Jauron had to go.

I believe Gailey will find a way to get Trent back to the form he had when he beat Denver on the road, and he was 25-30 vs. San Diego. I believe that Gailey will isolate what made Maybin a top round pick, and utilize those talents and skills. I believe that getting the team healthy is the key to turning things back on track.

I'm optimistic. We are in the hands of football people.

Imagine, if you will, one night in New England when the Bills had the game in their hands, and millions of fans nationwide were biting their nails knowing full well they would find a way to lose.

Imagine Bobby April pulling Leodis McKelvin aside and telling him, "Son, I don't care what happens out there. You take a knee."

The Bills win that game, the entire season takes a different direction. We finished 6-10. That win alone would've made us at least 7-9, and losing the worst game in football history to the Browns....turn that around and the team would have been .500.

Throw in another win or two, and suddenly that year was not as disgusting as it turned out to be.

I believe Gailey will find a way to get Trent back to the form he had when he beat Denver on the road, and he was 25-30 vs. San Diego. I believe that Gailey will isolate what made Maybin a top round pick, and utilize those talents and skills. I believe that getting the team healthy is the key to turning things back on track.

I do agree with everything except your take on Trent. I do believe Cinco COULD be a servicable QB again unfortunately I think his mental is completely f*&ked up. I dont believe he is strong enough to overcome it.

i think you mean 2009 season not 2010

and do you honestly believe the Bills were going to grind out a couple first downs to win that game?

i think you mean 2009 season not 2010

and do you honestly believe the Bills were going to grind out a couple first downs to win that game?

They were running the ball easily in that game. If not they atleast take an extra min or so off the clock. They punt the ball and give them a longer field by 30-40 yds.

Whoops. I meant 2009.

And I do believe had they just handled that kick they would've run down the clock. New England had, I believe, 1 timeout left and the two minute warning. Meaning if the Bills just took 3 knees they would punt with about 1:10 left. Or maybe gotten a first down.

And the world would be a better place.

I also liked the way Brohm looked in that one game. I think we are in decent shape, qb wise, especially if we pick up McCoy or Tebow in the second, or maybe one of the other secondary talents like that guy from Michigan.

Another way to look at it is that a win probably would have just delayed the inevitable.

Jauron would still have screwed up his share of games and he likely would have missed the play-offs; but, if we had won that game, they may have been able to chalk it up to the injuries and give him another year.

We would have found a way to lose that game. Don't kid yourself. If McKelvin had taken a knee, we would have finished a 6 - 10 team. That was our record because that was how good we are.

"You are as good as your record says you are." Parcells

Nothing else to say.

They were running the ball easily in that game. If not they atleast take an extra min or so off the clock. They punt the ball and give them a longer field by 30-40 yds.

And Brady scores.

Seriously, how long has it been since we've beaten the Pats*? And how many of those games have we been close and right in it till we found a way to lose, or the Pats* found a way to win? Like 40%? N.E. knows how to win tough games. We don't.

And we weren't running all that great. Just decently, and largely because Trent was effective, especially early. Except for Trent's two scrambles, we had 65 yards rushing. Averaged just a smidge below 4.0 YPC.

Do you remember our last possession? I mean the Keystone Kops would have made us look bad. When the Pats* really needed to stop us, they did it with ease. And when they really needed to score, they swept us in front of them like the Nazis went through France.

I have to disagree. If I'm a coach, I want players to go all-out to make plays. McK has good return talents, so I trust him. Too bad the fumble happened...but I can't see preaching aggressiveness all week long, then telling players to put the brakes on. I guess that's poor strategy, but I don't care.

I have to disagree. If I'm a coach, I want players to go all-out to make plays. McK has good return talents, so I trust him. Too bad the fumble happened...but I can't see preaching aggressiveness all week long, then telling players to put the brakes on. I guess that's poor strategy, but I don't care.

No offense, but if you're the coach you're chillin in the unemployment line w/ DJ right now.

Aggressive is great, but when you have the game in the palm of your hand you don't take a chance like that in an attempt to grind out an extra yard or two.

That deflated the team and they never rebounded from it. One of the worst losses in the history of the franchise.

I agree. I believe in Chan Gailey.

One of the worst losses in the history of the franchise.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. I can probably name 20 games that were worse losses than that one, mainly because this game only ruined a season that at best had 9-7 expectations.

I'm gonna start a list of worse losses you guys can add to it.

1. SB XXV

2. AFL Championship game to the Chiefs for SB I appearance

3. SB XXVII (the rout with OJ at the coin toss)

4. Homejob Throwup

5. Just give it to em

6. Ronnie Friggin Harmon

7. Flutie fumble in WC game

8. SB XXVI (Thurman remember your helmet dummy)

9. SB XXVIII

10. Steelers game where they lost to Willie PArker and 3rd teamers

11. 31-0 to close out the Gregg Williams era after a hot start

12. the bomb in 1980

13. bengals- bills 81 playoffs

14. jim kelly's final game losing to the 2nd year jags

15. losing first playoff game to pats in 63

16. Arizona where Trent got his head taken off. (this is a bigger loss since his problems after that game)

17. monday nite vs cleveland in 08 where our playoff hopes were shattered for that season.

18. 8-0 snow game vs. cleveland in 07 where that effectively knocked the bills out of the playoffs

19. Bills Titans 06 where both teams were 7-7 and the bills gave up a 9 point lead in the 4th to miss the playoffs

20. then maybe the pats game

Which would have been made up by Brady in two plays and 25 seconds against the soft zone Jauron would have played.

Play-not-to-lose coaches usually instill a play-not-to-lose mentality on their team. And that combination usually leads to a lot of losses.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. I can probably name 20 games that were worse losses than that one, mainly because this game only ruined a season that at best had 9-7 expectations.

I'm gonna start a list of worse losses you guys can add to it.

1. SB XXV

2. AFL Championship game to the Chiefs for SB I appearance

3. SB XXVII (the rout with OJ at the coin toss)

4. Homejob Throwup

5. Just give it to em

6. Ronnie Friggin Harmon

7. Flutie fumble in WC game

8. SB XXVI (Thurman remember your helmet dummy)

9. SB XXVIII

10. Steelers game where they lost to Willie PArker and 3rd teamers

11. 31-0 to close out the Gregg Williams era after a hot start

12. the bomb in 1980

13. bengals- bills 81 playoffs

14. jim kelly's final game losing to the 2nd year jags

15. losing first playoff game to pats in 63

16. Arizona where Trent got his head taken off. (this is a bigger loss since his problems after that game)

17. monday nite vs cleveland in 08 where our playoff hopes were shattered for that season.

18. 8-0 snow game vs. cleveland in 07 where that effectively knocked the bills out of the playoffs

19. Bills Titans 06 where both teams were 7-7 and the bills gave up a 9 point lead in the 4th to miss the playoffs

20. then maybe the pats game

ouch. That is pretty good cliff notes. How about the 3-0 Cleveland game when Roscoe gave them the game with under 2 minutes left? How the hell do you lose to a team where the QB is 2-17?

Which would have been made up by Brady in two plays and 25 seconds against the soft zone Jauron would have played.

Play-not-to-lose coaches usually instill a play-not-to-lose mentality on their team. And that combination usually leads to a lot of losses.

Seriously With Ellison manned up on Watson they could have scored on that same toss over the middle 6 more times if they needed to.

ouch. That is pretty good cliff notes. How about the 3-0 Cleveland game when Roscoe gave them the game with under 2 minutes left? How the hell do you lose to a team where the QB is 2-17?

How about the Dallas monday night game a couple of years ago. Great day of tailgating, followed by an unbelievable collapse.