The entire 2010 season was ruined with one play

I do agree with everything except your take on Trent. I do believe Cinco COULD be a servicable QB again unfortunately I think his mental is completely f*&ked up. I dont believe he is strong enough to overcome it.

Bouncing off of this point, even if Chan can resurrect TE to be serviceable, he still may be one big hit away from reverting back to checking down the ball like a hot potato.

Imagine, if you will, one night in New England when the Bills had the game in their hands, and millions of fans nationwide were biting their nails knowing full well they would find a way to lose.

Imagine Bobby April pulling Leodis McKelvin aside and telling him, "Son, I don't care what happens out there. You take a knee."

The Bills win that game, the entire season takes a different direction. We finished 6-10. That win alone would've made us at least 7-9, and losing the worst game in football history to the Browns....turn that around and the team would have been .500.

Throw in another win or two, and suddenly that year was not as disgusting as it turned out to be.

I'm glad it went down that way, because Jauron had to go.

I believe Gailey will find a way to get Trent back to the form he had when he beat Denver on the road, and he was 25-30 vs. San Diego. I believe that Gailey will isolate what made Maybin a top round pick, and utilize those talents and skills. I believe that getting the team healthy is the key to turning things back on track.

I'm optimistic. We are in the hands of football people.

What if Leodis hangs on the ball or takes a knee. The Bills go three and out, Brady comes back, Pats kick a FG or score a TD to win and the entire team is demoralized because the defense was completely exposed under pressure. We only win a couple down the rest of the season and finish 3-13. We draft first, take Bradford and he busts his shoulder in training camp. The fans almost commit mass suicide. But in reality we are where we are. Quit fantasizing.

I cannot believe that anybody would argue that Leodis should take that ball out of the endzone.

I was in a bar with a bunch of Bills Backers, and I swear that when Leodis exited the endzone, half of us turned around and headed for the exit. I was on my way to the restroom when I heard a bunch of screams. I looked back and said, "Where did he fumble?"

Didn't even have to watch the rest of the game. The entire season went down the tubes on that play by Leodis. And it was a coachable decision. You take no chances at that point.

People at work the next day were incredulous about the Bills loss.

I don't have any trouble believing that they would've protected that lead had they taken possession at the 20. It's not a fantasy. It's reality. Dreams of a good season ended on that play.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. I can probably name 20 games that were worse losses than that one, mainly because this game only ruined a season that at best had 9-7 expectations.

I'm gonna start a list of worse losses you guys can add to it.

1. SB XXV

2. AFL Championship game to the Chiefs for SB I appearance

3. SB XXVII (the rout with OJ at the coin toss)

4. Homejob Throwup

5. Just give it to em

6. Ronnie Friggin Harmon

7. Flutie fumble in WC game

8. SB XXVI (Thurman remember your helmet dummy)

9. SB XXVIII

10. Steelers game where they lost to Willie PArker and 3rd teamers

11. 31-0 to close out the Gregg Williams era after a hot start

12. the bomb in 1980

13. bengals- bills 81 playoffs

14. jim kelly's final game losing to the 2nd year jags

15. losing first playoff game to pats in 63

16. Arizona where Trent got his head taken off. (this is a bigger loss since his problems after that game)

17. monday nite vs cleveland in 08 where our playoff hopes were shattered for that season.

18. 8-0 snow game vs. cleveland in 07 where that effectively knocked the bills out of the playoffs

19. Bills Titans 06 where both teams were 7-7 and the bills gave up a 9 point lead in the 4th to miss the playoffs

20. then maybe the pats game

Have to add game vs the Dolphins in Week 13 of 2005 when Losman hit Evans 3 times in the 1st Qtr for a 21-0 lead. Sage Roseznfels came off the bench & led Miami to 3 4th Qtr TDs to win 24-23. This is the game where Nate Clements was undressed by Chris Chambers & likely led to the Bills deciding to let Chambers leave via free agency in the following offseason.

Have to add game vs the Dolphins in Week 13 of 2005 when Losman hit Evans 3 times in the 1st Qtr for a 21-0 lead. Sage Roseznfels came off the bench & led Miami to 3 4th Qtr TDs to win 24-23. This is the game where Nate Clements was undressed by Chris Chambers & likely led to the Bills deciding to let Chambers leave via free agency in the following offseason.

they were 4-7 at that point... all of the games i mentioned, the bills were in the playoffs or the playoff hunt where it knocked them out w/ exception to the 31-0 game where the bills started out with high hopes and sunk to big a low at the end of that season

I have to disagree. If I'm a coach, I want players to go all-out to make plays. McK has good return talents, so I trust him. Too bad the fumble happened...but I can't see preaching aggressiveness all week long, then telling players to put the brakes on. I guess that's poor strategy, but I don't care.

McKelvin had to run it out if the goal was to use up the two minute warning on that particular play. There was no strategic error in calling for him to return it. But once he started encountering Patriots players, he should have gone down quickly. (As opposed to remaining upright as long as possible so they could strip the ball away.)

McKelvin had to run it out if the goal was to use up the two minute warning on that particular play. There was no strategic error in calling for him to return it. But once he started encountering Patriots players, he should have gone down quickly. (As opposed to remaining upright as long as possible so they could strip the ball away.)

I agree with you for a change

Imagine, if you will, one night in New England when the Bills had the game in their hands, and millions of fans nationwide were biting their nails knowing full well they would find a way to lose.

Imagine Bobby April pulling Leodis McKelvin aside and telling him, "Son, I don't care what happens out there. You take a knee."

The Bills win that game, the entire season takes a different direction. We finished 6-10. That win alone would've made us at least 7-9, and losing the worst game in football history to the Browns....turn that around and the team would have been .500.

Throw in another win or two, and suddenly that year was not as disgusting as it turned out to be.

I believe Gailey will find a way to get Trent back to the form he had when he beat Denver on the road, and he was 25-30 vs. San Diego. I believe that Gailey will isolate what made Maybin a top round pick, and utilize those talents and skills. I believe that getting the team healthy is the key to turning things back on track.

I was at the game.... one of the saddest car rides home ever

How dare you be optomistic!

No offense, but if you're the coach you're chillin in the unemployment line w/ DJ right now.

Aggressive is great, but when you have the game in the palm of your hand you don't take a chance like that in an attempt to grind out an extra yard or two.

That deflated the team and they never rebounded from it. One of the worst losses in the history of the franchise.

Dicky Boy landed on his feet as a D-backs coach "were he always belonged by the way"with the Eagles. and will be getting

paid about 6 mill from RW for the next two years. DJ is not unemployed just laughing all the way to the bank!!!!! :wallbash:

If only we still had Losman.

If only we still had Peters.

If only we still had Clements.

If only we still had Flutie.

If only we still had McGahee.

If only we still had Bledsoe.

If only we still had Thurman.

If only we still had Bruce.

If only we still had Andre.

If only we still had Leif Larson.

If only we still had Booker Moore.

If only we still had Victor Allotey.

If only we still had Jauron we'd be able to realize our full potential.