This is puzzling that an entire city...

njsue

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want whats best for the team. That starts with upgrades. But, I want the bills to win every week. I stick by them every week.

I am not the only one who has beefed about the line members. Like Teague, Jennings & Williams :lol:

134019[/snapback]

and the first upgrade starts at QB.

Could stand and cheer at a pep rally for the signing of Drew Bledsoe. An now be totally against him.  Sorry to see this from you all.

I know that we are still in the depression from all those playoff appearances from the Jim Kelly days.

It will get better just wait and see. I know alot of you have no patience.

i guess we have to decide what's worse: Putting down a pro athelete for not performing up to his hype, or for you to put down people for expressing their negativity in drew's play? I'm not going to answer that because its thanksgiving... I say, put down any pro who doesn't perform. Nobody's made any personal slights at drew.

sue --- are you a real blond?????????????????????????????????

134033[/snapback]

I met you at the pre tailgate party mead. But, you are a blonde guy who was sitting at a table. I greaed you nicely. Dont you remember me. I was wearing a red shirt and denim capri's.

I dont think ANYONE on this board is insulting Drew's personal behavior. He's one of the best guys in the NFL in terms of charity work and, I've been told, is a very nice man. But just because Drew is "nice" wont change my opinion that he is a sub-par QB. If he starts winning games on the road, then I might change my tune...but I'm a Bills fan. I've supported this team through a heck of a lot, and when I see a problem with my team, I just wish it was fixed. And yes, before anyone starts in, I've criticized the O-Line just as much as Bledsoe this year. Both positions need some overhauls in the offseason.

Just because a player is a swell guy, it does not shield him from questioning over his level of play. If his play on the field sucks worse then a Norwegian prostitute, then that guy deserves some criticism from the fans.

I Believe in Bledsoe by Mac NJSue Davis

I could just sit around loving Drew all day long.

As long as I'm loving my Drew, ain't gonna do nobody no harm.

And who knows, maybe I'll come up with a song

To make people want to stop all their fussing and fighting

Long enough to sing along.

I believe in Bledsoe.

Oh, I believe in love.

And I believe in Bledsoe.

Oh, I, I believe in love.

Drew is love, and love is Drew, if you know what I mean.

People who believe in Bledsoe are the happiest people I've ever

seen.

So clap your hands and stomp your feet and shake your

tambourine,

And lift your voices to the sky; tell me what you see.

I, I believe in Bledsoe.

Oh, I believe in love.

I believe in Bledsoe.

Drew is the universal language, and love is the key

To peace, hope, and understanding, and living in harmony.

So grab your brother by the hand, let's sing along with me,

And lift your voices to the sky; tell me what you see.

I, I believe in Bledsoe.

I, I believe in Bledsoe.

yes i do remember u ---------- :lol::lol::lol: so why do you like drew ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????what has he done for us ????????????????????????????????????

I dont think ANYONE on this board is insulting Drew's personal behavior.  He's one of the best guys in the NFL in terms of charity work and, I've been told, is a very nice man.  But just because Drew is "nice" wont change my opinion that he is a sub-par QB.  If he starts winning games on the road, then I might change my tune...but I'm a Bills fan.  I've supported this team through a heck of a lot, and when I see a problem with my team, I just wish it was fixed.  And yes, before anyone starts in, I've criticized the O-Line just as much as Bledsoe this year.  Both positions need some overhauls in the offseason.

Just because a player is a swell guy, it does not shield him from questioning over his level of play.  If his play on the field sucks worse then a Norwegian prostitute, then that guy deserves some criticism from the fans.

134038[/snapback]

He's damn charitable to opposing defenses. Troy Brown and Deion Sanders will be sending him a Christmas card.

Even those who criticize Drew feel like schitt about it.

I've said a zillion times that if there's one guy in all of sports that i wish i could wave a magic wand for, it's Drew. I want him to succeed. I want him to win a SB one day by driving 99 yards in a 2 minute drill to overcome the other team as the final seconds tick off. I want to see him retire on a high note and make his way into the hall of fame.

I want all those things. But the reality is, Drew is like the little girl with the curl. when he's good, he's very very good. when he's bad, he's horrid. His lack of consistency since week 9 of 2002 is clear and undeniable. Vs. NE two weeks ago, Drew looked like a guy who had no clue. They were playing their base defense most of the day, with 2 high coverage with 2 undrafted rookies back there.

Drew made throws that Ryan Leaf knows you can't make. He stared down moulds all night. He threw off his back foot. He threw swing passes into the dirt. He tossed short outs over the heads of his dump-offs.

He looked like a QB that hadn't been coached in years.

THen last week at home he throws some beautiful balls and gets 3 TDs for the first time in 2 years. The facts are there, and they're undeniable. He's Jeckyl and Hyde ,and you can't win in the NFL without consistent play at the QB position.

Whatever switch is in Drew, I wish I could leave it in the ON position. He'd be my favorite QB. Woudn't want any other guy.

Besides, I wasn't at the parade. A bit over the top, IMO.

Even those who criticize Drew feel like schitt about it.

I've said a zillion times that if there's one guy in all of sports that i wish i could wave a magic wand for, it's Drew. I want him to succeed. I want him to win a SB one day by driving 99 yards in a 2 minute drill to overcome the other team as the final seconds tick off. I want to see him retire on a high note and make his way into the hall of fame.

I want all those things. But the reality is, Drew is like the little girl with the curl. when he's good, he's very very good. when he's bad, he's horrid. His lack of consistency since week 9 of 2002 is clear and undeniable. Vs. NE two weeks ago, Drew looked like a guy who had no clue. They were playing their base defense most of the day, with 2 high coverage with 2 undrafted rookies back there.

Drew made throws that Ryan Leaf knows you can't make. He stared down moulds all night. He threw off his back foot. He threw swing passes into the dirt. He tossed short outs over the heads of his dump-offs.

He looked like a QB that hadn't been coached in years.

THen last week at home he throws some beautiful balls and gets 3 TDs for the first time in 2 years. The facts are there, and they're undeniable. He's Jeckyl and Hyde ,and you can't win in the NFL without consistent play at the QB position.

Whatever switch is in Drew, I wish I could leave it in the ON position. He'd be my favorite QB. Woudn't want any other guy.

Besides, I wasn't at the parade. A bit over the top, IMO.

134049[/snapback]

Extremely well stated and I agree with all of it. I had visions of Drew pulling an Elway with our team. I just don't see it now because there is absolutely no consistency beyond the fact the he's always pretty good at home and always really crappy on the road.

I dont think ANYONE on this board is insulting Drew's personal behavior.  He's one of the best guys in the NFL in terms of charity work and, I've been told, is a very nice man.  But just because Drew is "nice" wont change my opinion that he is a sub-par QB.  If he starts winning games on the road, then I might change my tune...but I'm a Bills fan.  I've supported this team through a heck of a lot, and when I see a problem with my team, I just wish it was fixed.  And yes, before anyone starts in, I've criticized the O-Line just as much as Bledsoe this year.  Both positions need some overhauls in the offseason.

Just because a player is a swell guy, if his play on the field sucks worse then a Norwegian prostitute, then that guy deserves some criticism from the fans.

134038[/snapback]

I agree completely, although I am not familiar with Norwgian prostitutes,

If we look at the long term course of action for this team, it is apparent that Drew must go. That doesn't mean we aren't Bills fans, it's just that at this point, his skillset has diminished from 10 years ago. Although he may be our best chance to win now (this week, next week) we should be planning for the future.

That means an investment in JP Losman. Losman can take every snap in practice, but until he takes the red shirt off, he will not be gaining the needed experience to lead the team in the coming seasons.

The folks at OBD understand this, but they also have marketing and financial concerns that cloud their judgement. Wins and even the slightest playoff hopes means dollars. If Drew is the "Gives us the best chance to win" thats who we will see starting.

I think before it is all said and done, we will see JP start a game or more this year, thats not a knock on Drew, nor is it a condemnation of him as a person or as an athlete, it's just his time as a starting QB in this league has passed.

To directly answer the question "How did the city turn n him?" We didn't turn on him, At the time he was signed, he was an upgrade over our QB corp at the time, but in the past 2 years his skills have declined and so has our support. Just as when you buy a new car, you love it, but after a while, after the thing starts to fall apart, you start looking at alternatives.

We are now in a position to move forward from that the current Qb situation, moving forward we would like to thank you Drew for bridging the gap from RJ/DF era to the JP era, but your time is up, please assist in preparing our new QB, and if possible, stick around for another year just in case he needs an experienced QB to lean on.