I was suprised Incogneto not tendered

WTF? Another brain dead decision for this club. Butler retires. We have tomato cans at tackles. Wood is coming off a horrific injury- potentially career ending. We have 2 decent healthy lineman on the entire roster. And we do not tender Incogneto. Man it is tough to be a Bills fan. I could not screw this team up this bad if I tried. Thank God for the Nets- so we are not the worst franchise in all sports

I love the killer mentality as a linemen......

We will have to see how they handle this....it creates another OL hole.

I like his attitude, but it appears they are going to stick to the "Character" thing that they talked about at the initial press conference. Incognito is severely lacking in the character department. You can pretty much count Lynch gone too for the same reasons.

interesting, I wonder if we still get the chance to match any offer sheet?

Not if there is no tender, they become unrestricted free agents. That is the whole purpose of placing a tender on it so you can match any offer or get compensation.

I like his attitude, but it appears they are going to stick to the "Character" thing that they talked about at the initial press conference. Incognito is severely lacking in the character department. You can pretty much count Lynch gone too for the same reasons.

what type of character are we talking here? and frankly, before you even answer, the whole "character" thing is so ridiculous at this point.

most fans incorrectly believed that "character" meant "choir boy", because thats what the fans wanted. but that was NEVER the definition.

and as ive posted previously, the only people on record as having a problem with lynch are the "fans". the same fans that sit online and B word about any/every move.

this assumption that the team thinks lynch is a "no good thug" just because people in the suburbs of buffalo are afraid of black people has gone way too far.

WTF? Another brain dead decision for this club. Butler retires. We have tomato cans at tackles. Wood is coming off a horrific injury- potentially career ending. We have 2 decent healthy lineman on the entire roster. And we do not tender Incogneto. Man it is tough to be a Bills fan. I could not screw this team up as bad if I tried. Thank God for the Nets- so we are not the worst franchise in all sports

I'm sure there is a lot more behind this then we know. Remember the Rams didn't get a trade for him they just cut him. Chansaw is trying to build team chemistry and I'm not surprised Incognito doesn't fit into his plans. I won't be surprised at all to see ML traded soon either.

JMO

No..he's too aggressive for us. He hits people too hard and gets real mad when he plays. We don't want players like him. We need nice players who aren't all hung up on that winning and losing crap.

Seriously? I think this is a very very bad omen...I'm skeptical of thenew crew and I hope this isn't the first of a series of bad personnel moves. Incognito played well in the games he played and would have AT LEAST been an excellent backup.

No he's a RESTRICTED free agent, meaning he still has a yr left on his contract, right?

no, his contract is up, but as long as we tender him, we'd get right of first refusal basically. he could talk to other teams about a contract, but we'd have a chance to match and keep him. if we dont tender, he's officially a UFA.

No he's a RESTRICTED free agent, meaning he still has a yr left on his contract, right?

Article I read said he was an UFA. I think once we don't tender him then he's no longer restricted.

no, his contract is up, but as long as we tender him, we'd get right of first refusal basically. he could talk to other teams about a contract, but we'd have a chance to match and keep him. if we dont tender, he's officially a UFA.

bingo :D

what type of character are we talking here? and frankly, before you even answer, the whole "character" thing is so ridiculous at this point.

most fans incorrectly believed that "character" meant "choir boy", because thats what the fans wanted. but that was NEVER the definition.

and as ive posted previously, the only people on record as having a problem with lynch are the "fans". the same fans that sit online and B word about any/every move.

this assumption that the team thinks lynch is a "no good thug" just because people in the suburbs of buffalo are afraid of black people has gone way too far.

Yup, white people are terrified of black people and that is why Marshawn Lynch's behavior is not soundly accepted. :D In fact white people in general have a really tough time worshipping black athletes with all that fear paralyzing them.

Oh and trust me all the people in the city aren't cool with Lynch's problems either.

Yup, white people are terrified of black people and that is why Marshawn Lynch's behavior is not soundly accepted. :D In fact white people in general have a really tough time worshipping black athletes with all that fear paralyzing them.

sorry dude, im just going off what people post here. and what people post comes off as small-minded and racist. plus, the entire "TGIF robbery" which is EXACTLY what that was. go back and read those threads and posts from that situation.

the lynch mob (pun intended) is beyond ridiculous. he had one poor season, on a terrible offense, and people want to run him out of town for... im not sure what. i guess having the smell of weed (legal in Oakland area) and a gun in his trunk (legal in most conservative states).

i agree that he needs to re-focus and get serious. but he should have the chance to do so before we make another hole in an already decimated roster. and i think the FO feels the same way.

it just irks me when people talk like they KNOW the team is going to move him, just because they dont like the guy, when the team has made no such statement or even hint of movement.

sorry dude, im just going off what people post here. and what people post comes off as small-minded and racist. plus, the entire "TGIF robbery" which is EXACTLY what that was. go back and read those threads and posts from that situation.

the lynch mob (pun intended) is beyond ridiculous. he had one poor season, on a terrible offense, and people want to run him out of town for... im not sure what. i guess having the smell of weed (legal in Oakland area) and a gun in his trunk (legal in most conservative states).

i agree that he needs to re-focus and get serious. but he should have the chance to do so before we make another hole in an already decimated roster. and i think the FO feels the same way.

it just irks me when people talk like they KNOW the team is going to move him, just because they dont like the guy, when the team has made no such statement or even hint of movement.

You've got to be kidding me. There have been white losers that were available to the Bills and people here don't want them because they are more trouble than they're worth. If you look hard enough you can find anything you want. In the future please point out what people are saying that you interpret as racist.

Incognito's problems, as far as I know, are on the field related and he's not anywhere near a one year suspension. I think that's the most likely difference.

We can tender him but he doesn't have to sign it. We retain his rights BUT if he chooses not to sign the tender he can not only miss voluntary work, but also miss mandatory minicamps and even training camp without being subject to fines.

If he didn't want to be in Buffalo we couldn't force him to sign.

You've got to be kidding me. There have been white losers that were available to the Bills and people here don't want them because they are more trouble than they're worth. If you look hard enough you can find anything you want. In the future please point out what people are saying that you interpret as racist.

Incognito's problems, as far as I know, are on the field related and he's not anywhere near a one year suspension. I think that's the most likely difference.

right, like Matt Jones. but Matt Jones is doing coke in parked cars and has NEVER been productive.

Lynch has had a much better career and his "crimes" are much less severe.

ill be glad to link you to the many posts from the whole "robbery framing" that showed exactly how small-minded a lot of posters can be. Not ALL posters mind you. ill admit that there are plenty of posters that want him gone that would want anyone in his situation gone. but there are also a large number that slam the gavel at the first word of a problem, without knowing the entire story, or even caring to know based on how he looks.

the rampant racism in Buffalo (and it's there) isnt "hate based" like it is in the south. it's based in fear of the unfamiliar.

but i digress, didnt mean to hijack the thread...

I'm not surprised by this at all. The dude has rage and penalty problems to such a degree he was cut at MID SEASON. 15 yard personal foul penalties can lose you a game.

People B word quite a bit about a team lacking discipline, and this guy is the epitome of someone who lacks discipline.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to keep an average OL when all of ours seem to be injured or mediocre, but the fact is he won't start so he's not worth a tender.

WTF? Another brain dead decision for this club. Butler retires. We have tomato cans at tackles. Wood is coming off a horrific injury- potentially career ending. We have 2 decent healthy lineman on the entire roster. And we do not tender Incogneto. Man it is tough to be a Bills fan.

I could not agree more. I hate this stuff. Unbelievable.

Only in Buffalo.

Guest dog14787

Myself personally, I like Incognito, but Gailey/Nix want smart( on the field smart), high character players and Incognito does not fall into that category.

right, like Matt Jones. but Matt Jones is doing coke in parked cars and has NEVER been productive.

ill be glad to link you to the many posts from the whole "robbery framing" that showed exactly how small-minded a lot of posters can be. Not ALL posters mind you. ill admit that there are plenty of posters that want him gone that would want anyone in his situation gone. but there are also a large number that slam the gavel at the first word of a problem, without knowing the entire story, or even caring to know based on how he looks.

the rampant racism in Buffalo (and it's there) isnt "hate based" like it is in the south. it's based in fear of the unfamiliar.

You are full of crap, Marshawn Lynch could have owned Buffalo. Dreads and gold teeth aren't shocking, let alone frightening. People might think they look stupid, but some people might think long hair and tattoos look stupid. While many others think both looks are cool. Eitherway not shocking and little old WNY has black people too. The fear of the unknown is about two decades old. The white culture has embraced Hip Hop and all the bells and whistles that go with it.

Not many of us care about his hair, teeth, tats, or skin color. Can he stay out of trouble? Can he play football?

Lately he is falling short of expectations on both fronts. IMO, if he didn't act like an idiot, his look and personality would have made him one of the most popular Bills ever, even in the rampant racist suburbs of Buffalo.

I'm not surprised by this at all. The dude has rage and penalty problems to such a degree he was cut at MID SEASON. 15 yard personal foul penalties can lose you a game.

People B word quite a bit about a team lacking discipline, and this guy is the epitome of someone who lacks discipline.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to keep an average OL when all of ours seem to be injured or mediocre, but the fact is he won't start so he's not worth a tender.

Shhhh! :D Facts aren't welcome here!!

He played 5 or 6 games with us and that was some of the best guard play I have seen since Ruben Brown or John Davis. What kind of character is an offensive lineman supposed to display? Of all our free agents he was the only one I hoped they would resign. If at all possible this team has gotten worse. We may only be a 2 or 3 win team next season, unless this team has a big free agency period and stellar draft, I'm making plans other than football on Sundays this fall.

Just a few things to hit on here:

1: So felony possession of a loaded, concealed firearm is not as bad as doing a few lines in your car?

2: What's this "hate based racism" things you speak of, or do you have no F**cking clue what you're talking about?

3: Matt Jones has in fact been productive 65 catches for 761 yds and 2 tds in 12 games in 2008 Coke boy's Stats

So what are you talking about, Lynch has repeatedly put his future, and the team, in jeopardy with his actions, hating Lynch has nothing to do with his skin color, its the fact that he's a jackass, he ran over some chick, ran away from it, got caught with a concealed, loaded weapon (I wonder what he was going to do with that?) and ganked a $20 bill off some fan. Incognito however, gets 15 yd personnal foul penalties for stupid stuff, he doesn't ride around the suburbs with loaded weapons planning on doing god knows what.

MOST PEOPLE WANT TO TRADE LYNCH BECAUSE HE IS ONE MISTAKE AWAY FROM A SEASON LONG SUSPENSION, SO FAR HE'S 3 FOR 3 IN GETTING IN TROUBLE IN THE OFFSEASON, AND I DON'T LIKE HIS CHANCES OF GOING 3-4. So IMO, if we can get decent value for him, do it, he does us no good sittin at home on a suspension, and when/if he does come back, as we saw this year, he didnt do much good after it either (nice work ethic).

Oh, and if we do trade him, I hope it's for the Darkest black guy on the planet, so you can STFU and realize that Lynch was a retard, and his BEHAVIOR was unacceptable, not his skin color!!!

Just a few things to hit on here:

1: So felony possession of a loaded, concealed firearm is not as bad as doing a few lines in your car?

2: What's this "hate based racism" things you speak of, or do you have no F**cking clue what you're talking about?

3: Matt Jones has in fact been productive 65 catches for 761 yds and 2 tds in 12 games in 2008 Coke boy's Stats

So what are you talking about, Lynch has repeatedly put his future, and the team, in jeopardy with his actions, hating Lynch has nothing to do with his skin color, its the fact that he's a jackass, he ran over some chick, ran away from it, got caught with a concealed, loaded weapon (I wonder what he was going to do with that?) and ganked a $20 bill off some fan. Incognito however, gets 15 yd personnal foul penalties for stupid stuff, he doesn't ride around the suburbs with loaded weapons planning on doing god knows what.

MOST PEOPLE WANT TO TRADE LYNCH BECAUSE HE IS ONE MISTAKE AWAY FROM A SEASON LONG SUSPENSION, SO FAR HE'S 3 FOR 3 IN GETTING IN TROUBLE IN THE OFFSEASON, AND I DON'T LIKE HIS CHANCES OF GOING 3-4. So IMO, if we can get decent value for him, do it, he does us no good sittin at home on a suspension, and when/if he does come back, as we saw this year, he didnt do much good after it either (nice work ethic).

Oh, and if we do trade him, I hope it's for the Darkest black guy on the planet, so you can STFU and realize that Lynch was a retard, and his BEHAVIOR was unacceptable, not his skin color!!!

What he said. :thumbsup:

I crossed out the last line because the tone is a bit harsh.

There's another reason Incognito may not have been tendered. His agent may have an inflated view of his value and the Bills think that by letting him test the market reality will teach him a lesson.

The guy was undisciplined and was released from the Rams because he hurt them more than he helped them.

Killer instinct is having a mean streak, but being able to control it and use it to your advantage. Yes, once again this creates another hole on the OL. This guy is average at best, and can be replaced.

What I'm surprised about is the fan reaction. Where was the backlash when they let Peters leave town?..and that guy had talent.

What specific character failings have you seen Incognito display? The worst I've seen written about him is that he sometimes loses control of his anger. But you know what? I want offensive linemen who play with a little anger. The offensive line should take it personally every time the QB gets hit!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And I'm tired of the often nonchalant attitude the offensive line has so often displayed over the last ten years about the quarterbacks it's supposed to have been protecting getting killed instead. Better to have an offensive lineman who wants to kill the other team's players than one who's willing to passively accept the destruction of his own quarterback!! :angry:

Yes, I'll grant that you have to have controlled rage so that it doesn't turn into 15 yard penalties. And that there's often a fine line between rage that helps you be a better player and rage that causes you to do something stupid. Incognito has been known to cross that line on a few occasions. But I can't immediately recall his having done that in Buffalo; and it's not like the team at this point is so rich in offensive line talent that it can afford to let perfectly good players go on the basis of mistakes they might someday make. The interior of the Bills' line should be Levitre, Wood, and Incognito.

What specific character failings have you seen Incognito display? The worst I've seen written about him is that he sometimes loses control of his anger. But you know what? I want offensive linemen who play with a little anger. The offensive line should take it personally every time the QB gets hit!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: And I'm tired of the often nonchalant attitude the offensive line has so often displayed over the last ten years about the quarterbacks it's supposed to have been protecting getting killed instead. Better to have an offensive lineman who wants to kill the other team's players than one who's willing to passively accept the destruction of his own quarterback!! :angry:

Yes, I'll grant that you have to have controlled rage so that it doesn't turn into 15 yard penalties. And that there's often a fine line between rage that helps you be a better player and rage that causes you to do something stupid. Incognito has been known to cross that line on a few occasions. But I can't immediately recall his having done that in Buffalo; and it's not like the team at this point is so rich in offensive line talent that it can afford to let perfectly good players go on the basis of mistakes they might someday make. The interior of the Bills' line should be Levitre, Wood, and Incognito.

We all agree with you on that, everyone wants guys who play with Anger. But the problem with Incognito is that he can't do the second part and control his anger. Incognito wasn't enough of a superstar where his play would erase an occasion stupid penalty, thats why he was cut free in St. Louis and not traded. Sure he may not have had an "incident" in Buffalo, but did he even play in more then a handful of games in Buffalo?????