Eric Moulds

Unfortunately I can't back this up with stats, but Both had better supporting cast.

1.The RBs,QBs, and O-lines (sorry guys TE, JP, and Fitz are better than the likes of VP, Collins you want me to keep going)

He did have Bledsoe.

2.Having him on the team made Price look like a pro bowler

3.I know Reed's stats are monsterous but so are Kelly's, TT, Lofton need I go on.

The only line that was better then BUFs was Dallas.

I could go on and on but I will answer it as you bring it.

Go ahead butcher away.

You dont have to defend your stance. Eric Moulds was far more talented than Evans and Reed. He didnt have the luxury of having the same qb for over a decade. **** he barely had the same qb from year to year. I still Blame Gregg Williams for ruining his career, by refusing to kick a fg in a ot game against the Bengals and instead going in for a td in 2003, which led to Moulds tearing his groin, he was never the same after that. He was legit top #1 receiver, the likes of which we had not had since.

Unfortunately I can't back this up with stats, but Both had better supporting cast.

1.The RBs,QBs, and O-lines (sorry guys TE, JP, and Fitz are better than the likes of VP, Collins you want me to keep going)

He did have Bledsoe.

3.I know Reed's stats are monsterous but so are Kelly's, TT, Lofton need I go on.

Go ahead butcher away.

I love Moulds, but Moulds didnt make Price look like a Pro Bowler, Bledsoe did.

Lets be realistic about Moulds though...(not bashing him, just reviewing his legendary production)

He only broke 1000 yards 4 times in his 12 year career, and one of those times was barely over 1000.

He only had 80 catches or more 4 times

His TD total over 12 years is just 49 (about 4 per year)

He only amassed 7 or more TD's 3 times (the most in one year being 10)

He never had a back to back 1000 yard season

In 6 out of his 12 years he had 800 yards or less (well one was 816)

In 5 of his 12 years he had 2 TD's or less

His career yards per game is just 53.7

Only averaged more than 80 yards per game 3 times in 12 years

These stats are not to bash Moulds, because I think he was a really good WR and always a favorite of mine.

This is to show a reality check to those that put him on this pedastal like he was a perennial pro bowler, yet he was just as ineffective in games as much as Evans. Like Evans though, I think he was handicapped by terrible QB play which led to his mediocre production in most of his professional years.

Evans has been a model citizen, actually has better career numbers thus far in his career than Moulds, and has played under a way worse coaching regime with WAY worse QB's yet he is bashed constantly on here. Why does Moulds get all the excuses in the books for his mediocre and poor statistical years (which were the MAJORITY of his pro years) and Evans gets bashed despite being a model citizen?

And in regards to your comment about Moulds having worse QB's...Im sorry, but having Bledsoe for a short period alone skews this in Moulds favor as Bledsoe could probably come out of retirement today and still grossly outperform Trent and Fitz who have combined for some of the worst QB play I have seen in a long time.

Lets be realistic about Moulds though...(not bashing him, just reviewing his legendary production)

He only broke 1000 yards 4 times in his 12 year career, and one of those times was barely over 1000.

These stats are not to bash Moulds, because I think he was a really good WR and always a favorite of mine.

This is to show a reality check to those that put him on this pedastal like he was a perennial pro bowler, yet he was just as ineffective in games as much as Evans. Like Evans though, I think he was handicapped by terrible QB play which led to his mediocre production in most of his professional years.

Evans has been a model citizen, actually has better career numbers thus far in his career than Moulds, and has played under a way worse coaching regime with WAY worse QB's yet he is bashed constantly on here. Why does Moulds get all the excuses in the books for his mediocre and poor statistical years (which were the MAJORITY of his pro years) and Evans gets bashed despite being a model citizen?

And in regards to your comment about Moulds having worse QB's...Im sorry, but having Bledsoe for a short period alone skews this in Moulds favor as Bledsoe could probably come out of retirement today and still grossly outperform Trent and Fitz who have combined for some of the worst QB play I have seen in a long time.

Okay, so you proved Moulds is not better than Lee Evans, but he was way better than Andre Reed, just ask OP!!! :thumbsup:

Andre Reed:

Only broke 1000 yards 4 times in 15 years

Had only 3 seasons of 80 or more catches

Did have 87 career Tds, including 5 seasons of 7 or more

Never had back-to-back 1000 yard seasons

Had 7 seasons under 800 yards.

Career yards per game is 56.4

Averaged 80 yards per game only twice.

Other than touchdowns, the stats are not much better for Andre than they are for Moulds, and a lot of that comes from an offense that can put you in scoring position. Moulds also had two seasons over Reed's career high of 90 receptions. He played in a different era, of course, but it's not a slam dunk that Reed was better on numbers alone. He just made more plays at the right times, and played on good teams.

He did have Bledsoe.

Go ahead butcher away.

Aare you serious? Moulds would have been a star elsewhere, but...... he never went across the middle like Andre did. No comparrison. Moulds aand Evans would be an awesome combo.

I was a big Moulds fan but I think you are forgetting just how good Andre Reed was...he was one of the best run after catch receivers to ever play the game

I think that is the biggest fault in Evans game. Unless he can just run straight down the field like a track star, he never makes plays after the catch. Never jukes anyone, never breaks any tackles, he seems to catch and go down.

Ranking the best Bills receivers:

Reed (Andre not Josh)

Moulds

Butler

Evans (I hesitate to even list him because of his last two $ucka$$ years)

Chandler

Dubenion

Who did I miss?

I hear that Lofton guy wasn't too shabby.

Andre Reed:

Only broke 1000 yards 4 times in 15 years

Had only 3 seasons of 80 or more catches

Did have 87 career Tds, including 5 seasons of 7 or more

Never had back-to-back 1000 yard seasons

Had 7 seasons under 800 yards.

Career yards per game is 56.4

Averaged 80 yards per game only twice.

Other than touchdowns, the stats are not much better for Andre than they are for Moulds, and a lot of that comes from an offense that can put you in scoring position. Moulds also had two seasons over Reed's career high of 90 receptions. He played in a different era, of course, but it's not a slam dunk that Reed was better on numbers alone. He just made more plays at the right times, and played on good teams.

Stats are not the only measure. Watch the games and you see Reed was better.

Moulds better than Reed ?????

BWAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!~!!!!!!!!!! <_<

And I absolutely loved Moulds

And you're using Stats for this argument? Yeah good one there. Well I guess you have to because it's obvious when watching the two players live which one was the Hall of Famer and which one was just pretty darn good.

Someone said it right this site has jumped the shark. :wallbash:

5% quality posts from some really good knowledgeable folks, 95% horsecrap, but hey I'm addicted so..... :P

Aare you serious? Moulds would have been a star elsewhere, but...... he never went across the middle like Andre did. No comparrison. Moulds aand Evans would be an awesome combo.

Did you just not watch a whole season of football?

Moulds and Winfield are my favorite Bills post the glory days....having said that, I think Reed was the best receiver in Bills history....Reed does not have the phsyical skills that Moulds did...very few ppl have those skills to this day...but Reed's toughness, route running, hands, ability to read coverages and get open...cannot be caught on a stat sheet.....As much as I like Lee Evans, I most certainly would not put him in their class....I honestly wouldnt put Evans much above Done Bebe

Evans is as good as a deep threat as you can find and he has pretty good hands etc....but he is almost no existant under neath and its too easy to take him out of a game

He did have Bledsoe.

Go ahead butcher away.

O hell yes he was better. Reeds helmet throw in the Super Bowl Is where I really lost alot of respect for him, it was early in the game a big 15 yarder when we had good field position, it really seemed to set the tone for the game.

Your premise is off because Moulds didn't even play his best for Bledsoe. His best season by far (screw the stats) was 98, when he had one of the best seasons a Bills receiver ever had. He also was excellent in 1999 and 2000. I mean, he was at his absolute peak in 1998 -- an absolute beast.

I definitely agree with the original poster that he was more talented than Reed. Great, great player in his prime.

Andre Reed was an excellent player as well, but I always felt he was slightly overrated by Bills fans. He simply couldn't dominate like Irvin, TO, Moss, Rice, etc. Moulds had that sort of talent up until he tore his groin in early 2003. Reed was blessed with a blue chip QB and for a number of years a great RB, a great o-line, and solid TE production.

Moulds is a very underrated WR and one of my favorites. Some of his plays on deep balls against the Dolphins were flat out amazing. Reed was one of the toughest ever going over the middle. Two different styles. I would of loved to see Moulds play in a good offense, same with Lee Evans. I am big fans of all 3

how the **** did lee evans have a better supporting cast than eric moulds? i love moulds and all but that statement combined with him "being better than andre reed" tops it, not by much, as the dumbest **** i've read on this board. 95% of you understand what you're talking about and the other 5% never cease to amaze me

That's for damn sure. I loved Moulds, too...but to say he's better than Andre Reed... did you EVER see Reed play?

When Andre gets into the Hall of Fame and Eric Moulds doesn't get close, that should be all the proof you need.

I always hear that the Bills were just so talented back then that anyone could do what he did. But the Bills were so good back then BECAUSE of the great players. The stats mean nothing in this argument. The Bills had SO MANY options back then that the ball was distributed to many different guys. Andre Reed's numbers would have been through the roof had he been the only option on the team (like someone named, maybe, Eric Moulds)gre

Why I responded to this post is beyond me. I usually ignore the incredibly stupid ones.

You still havn't proved me wrong. I told you I couldn't back it up with stats. So who were the other solid recievers that Moulds had on the team that actualy drew coverage. By the wat will Terrell Davis make the hall. Where was the O-line. Bledsoe had one good year in BUF. Don't forget Beebe and Lofton and TT. Moulds was always doubled or tripled in coverage. The truth is that Moulds, Reed and Evans are all excellent recievers and my true point is that you really can't keep comparing them to each other I believe Moulds was the best and it is impossible to prove me wrong as it is impossible for me to prove you wrong. The problem is that there are alot of if onlys. Reed had all the benifits that neither Evans or Moulds had. Teams had to game plan around moulds they had toe game plan against Reeds hole team. As far as being stpid I backed my opinion up i didn't just throw it out there. I could keep backing it up but I would be here all day.

how the **** did lee evans have a better supporting cast than eric moulds? i love moulds and all but that statement combined with him "being better than andre reed" tops it, not by much, as the dumbest **** i've read on this board. 95% of you understand what you're talking about and the other 5% never cease to amaze me

RB, QB minus one solid Bledsoe year. Why don't you back up what you say instead of just insulting people if you know so much. Proof of my knowledge is I can back my opinion up that is the whole point I am trying to make after the Evans post I am A huge fan of all 3 WRs. That 95% you talk about post baseless opinions with know facts and I am sick of it and if I can make one person realize that they need research before they make a post then I am successful. You my friend are the exact type that I am talking about. Some of the guys actually backed uo why they disagree and they will always have credibility with me where as you need to just watch the knowledge on the board and you may learn something. Last year was not the worst bills team I have ever seen We actually had a decent D last year but every one wants to knock the guys who back that up with facts. Its even Ok to have a baseless opinion as long as you don't call people idiots for not agreeing.

RB, QB minus one solid Bledsoe year. Why don't you back up what you say instead of just insulting people if you know so much. Proof of my knowledge is I can back my opinion up that is the whole point I am trying to make after the Evans post I am A huge fan of all 3 WRs. That 95% you talk about post baseless opinions with know facts and I am sick of it and if I can make one person realize that they need research before they make a post then I am successful. You my friend are the exact type that I am talking about. Some of the guys actually backed uo why they disagree and they will always have credibility with me where as you need to just watch the knowledge on the board and you may learn something. Last year was not the worst bills team I have ever seen We actually had a decent D last year but every one wants to knock the guys who back that up with facts. Its even Ok to have a baseless opinion as long as you don't call people idiots for not agreeing.

you're blowing my mind right now. you honestly can say lee evans played with better quarterbacks? you're really gonna compare jim kelly, doug flutie, and drew bledsoe to jp losman, kelly holcomb, and trent edwards? next lets get to the point about the rbs. in 98 when moulds put up a solid year with solid receiving yards and 9 td, antwain smith rushed for over 1,000 yards and 8 td. 2000 was another good year for moulds as a team the bills rushed for almost 2,000 yards that year, which was also the year we had sammy morris and sean bryson who could block pretty well if my memory serves me correctly. 2002 another solid year for moulds and travis henry rushes for over 1400 yards, in 04 its the same with mcgahee, and the same in 05.

A decent d?! you kidding me? we had jairus byrd, dude, our rush defense was one of the worst in the league!! p.s. you ignoramus saying that you can back up some thing you said, and then not doing it isn't really making a point.

moulds got to play with kelly, flutie, and bledsoe. arguably the best quarterbacks we've had in buffalo in the past 30 years

I got to give you that one. Except he had Kelly his rookie year and started only 5 games. He had one year with drew Bledsoe and a good line. He had 2 good years with Flutie. One year you could even say was great 20+ yards a catch.

Isn't it amasing when ever the guy had a decent supporting cast he had good numbers. Thanks for helping.

Careful buddy, cause this is a touchy subject. With respect to stats, you have to go relative to era. If you put Jeff Bagwell's stats in the 1910's, he would've been one of the greatest hitters ever. I realize it's not that drastic of a difference, but nonetheless...

Let me put an end to this:

1. Go to youtube

2. Search something to the effect of "Bills Oilers comeback"

3. Watch Andre Reed catch 3 sick TD's all in the second half

4. Watch Andre Reed do the two-handed reverse spike after the third one to take the lead and feel the tingles go throughout your body

5. Come back on TBD and tell me Eric Moulds was a greater all-time WR than Andre Reed

Peace.

I got to give you that one. Except he had Kelly his rookie year and started only 5 games. He had one year with drew Bledsoe and a good line. He had 2 good years with Flutie. One year you could even say was great 20+ yards a catch.

Isn't it amasing when ever the guy had a decent supporting cast he had good numbers. Thanks for helping.

so what is your point!? you originally said that lee evans had a better supporting cast than eric moulds, but moulds obviously put up better numbers, so by your logic moulds had to have had a better supporting cast.

you're blowing my mind right now. you honestly can say lee evans played with better quarterbacks? you're really gonna compare jim kelly, doug flutie, and drew bledsoe to jp losman, kelly holcomb, and trent edwards? next lets get to the point about the rbs. in 98 when moulds put up a solid year with solid receiving yards and 9 td, antwain smith rushed for over 1,000 yards and 8 td. 2000 was another good year for moulds as a team the bills rushed for almost 2,000 yards that year, which was also the year we had sammy morris and sean bryson who could block pretty well if my memory serves me correctly. 2002 another solid year for moulds and travis henry rushes for over 1400 yards, in 04 its the same with mcgahee, and the same in 05.

A decent d?! you kidding me? we had jairus byrd, dude, our rush defense was one of the worst in the league!! p.s. you ignoramus saying that you can back up some thing you said, and then not doing it isn't really making a point.

Very good you did some research but Kelly was his rookie year where he and he only started 5 games and genious Evans played in 2004 and 05. 2004 was his rookie year. I said decent not good a bad D doesn't finish second in passing D and don't even try to say its because teams ran it they were fortunate they were able to run because the could not pass it. I am done listening to the personal attacks. I am mainly trying to make a point. Maybe your right about Evans he and his supporting cast have had some of the worst coaching regimes I have ever experienced. But these coaches ruined two QBs. I will definetly put Losman and TE ahead of Collins, Holcomb, and Tolbert or what ever his name was and AVP. The only one who had anything good that was consistant was Reed but it was a different Era and it is easy to argue for Reed to be the best. The other 2 put up good numbers on less than stellar Os other than one year for each that they had a good O.

moulds got to play with kelly, flutie, and bledsoe. arguably the best quarterbacks we've had in buffalo in the past 30 years

Not sure there is even any argument there? Who else would there be since 1980? Mathison, Collins, Hobert, Holcomb, Losman, Van Pelt? The only QBs that have been in Buffalo in the last 30 years that even come close were all on the visiting teams.

Not sure there is even any argument there? Who else would there be since 1980? Mathison, Collins, Hobert, Holcomb, Losman, Van Pelt? The only QBs that have been in Buffalo in the last 30 years that even come close were all on the visiting teams.

i dunno i know some people were high on losman on this board for whatever reason and you might argue against bledsoe for being jaw droppingly inconsistent

so what is your point!? you originally said that lee evans had a better supporting cast than eric moulds, but moulds obviously put up better numbers, so by your logic moulds had to have had a better supporting cast.

This all had to do with the Evans bashing. I got sick of hearing it Moulds is my favorite reciever. I guss I have to agree with supporting cast overall for a career but if you read some of my post you will see some QBs you have surely tried to forget. I kinda baited everybody but I doubt it will work on these boards. The same people who have defende Evans on this board saying that he had a terrible cast will be the same ones that say he is not a true number one. The truth is all three were or one is great recievers. We are all so frustrated that we forget all the talent we had in the glory days and attack our good players that we have now. The truth is it is an impossible arguement because we really don't know how good the people we have are because we have so many weaknesses. One player can make a team great one year to the next not because they are superman but because they are the last piece of the puzzle the other players needed. Just 1 example what happens if we draft Mckinnie as the fourth overall pick instead of Williams. We blame the players far too often. If a reciever drops a ball thets his fault. If the rest of the team sucks and can't get him the ball thats not his fault.

This all had to do with the Evans bashing. I got sick of hearing it Moulds is my favorite reciever. I guss I have to agree with supporting cast overall for a career but if you read some of my post you will see some QBs you have surely tried to forget. I kinda baited everybody but I doubt it will work on these boards. The same people who have defende Evans on this board saying that he had a terrible cast will be the same ones that say he is not a true number one. The truth is all three were or one is great recievers. We are all so frustrated that we forget all the talent we had in the glory days and attack our good players that we have now. The truth is it is an impossible arguement because we really don't know how good the people we have are because we have so many weaknesses. One player can make a team great one year to the next not because they are superman but because they are the last piece of the puzzle the other players needed.

i definitely think lee has the talent to be a top tier wide out in the nfl. he can catch, run the deep route, and has the athleticism to catch in small spaces i.e. the corner of the endzone. i dunno what group is better--holcomb, collins, alex van pelt; or capt. check down, gay-p, ryan fitzpatrick. who ever wins that must feel like the worlds tallest midget

Careful buddy, cause this is a touchy subject. With respect to stats, you have to go relative to era. If you put Jeff Bagwell's stats in the 1910's, he would've been one of the greatest hitters ever. I realize it's not that drastic of a difference, but nonetheless...

Let me put an end to this:

1. Go to youtube

2. Search something to the effect of "Bills Oilers comeback"

3. Watch Andre Reed catch 3 sick TD's all in the second half

4. Watch Andre Reed do the two-handed reverse spike after the third one to take the lead and feel the tingles go throughout your body

5. Come back on TBD and tell me Eric Moulds was a greater all-time WR than Andre Reed

Peace.

xactly...

For one, I don't know you so I never said you are stupid...I just thought the post was stupid.

Secondly, I lived in Naples,FL and went to the 1999 WC game @Miami when Moulds had a playoff record 240 yards recieving...I know that guy was a freak. (although he did fumble after his first huge catch of that game..) But back in the day I just saw Andre make clutch play after play (aside from the Super Bowls) and was so tough after the catch. By clutch plays I mean constantly on 3rd and long plays he would catch a 5-10 yard slant and turn it into 20 yards and a fresh set of downs. I do agree that the other great players around him gave him more room to operate and less double teams. But Jerry Rice had EVEN BETTER talent around him and he never gets criticized for that. Michael Irvin had EVEN MORE talent around him and he doesn't get downgraded.

It's all opinion and I guess no one is right or wrong... but a (future) Hall of Famer vs a very solid WR...in my mind there's just no comparison.

I never down graded Reed I have repeatedly said all three are great WRs in my mind. You are all missing the point.