Claussen in the 2nd?

BeastMode54

I'm not a big Claussen fan, but I have seen some mocks having him fall to the second round. Some draftniks don't have a 1st round grade on him. Also, with his toe injury it's believed he won't be able to perform any sort of physical drills before the Draft. Could he fall to us in round 2?

I'm not a big Claussen fan, but I have seen some mocks having him fall to the second round. Some draftniks don't have a 1st round grade on him. Also, with his toe injury it's believed he won't be able to perform any sort of physical drills before the Draft. Could he fall to us in round 2?

Odds are if he fell out of the first round the Rams, Redskins or Seattle would most likely take him with their second round pick.

No, this guy has a lot of baggage, a meddling father, reported poor work ethic, etc.

For me, Brohm is a much better prospect, so I say keep filling holes in the second round.

Not that I think it would happen, but with the new draft schedule, if Claussen were to fall out of the first round teams needing a QB would have all night to work out trades to get into the top of the second round to take him. Couldn't see any possibility that he would fall to the 9th pick of the second round, and the Bills have too many needs to lose picks on trade ups.

A common misconception is that drafting a QB before your O line is set is, well, stupid. Fact is you need both to win and therefore in building your draft board you have to consider your reasonably expected opportunities over consecutive drafts. If the franchise QB falls to you in year 1 of the new programme, and in advance of your #1 O-lineman, you take him. Maybe the tackle is available in next year's class, (and maybe the QB will not).

Taking your future QB now doesn't mean you have to play him immediately behind a line that is not set. Sometime franchise QBs sit for a year or two.

Now for those who just don't like Bradford or Claussen, that is a different point-and everyone is entitled to their opinion on that I guess.

My guesstimate - both will be off the board before # 7 (in the first). I agree with Walterfootball - Claussen # 1 overall to the Rams.

Clausen will be gone in the top 10. You can take that to the bank. If he gets past us Denver will take him as they have two first round picks and are in need of a QB.

The more I hear about Clausen's inability to get along with teammates the more I'm reminded of Ryan Leaf. :unsure:

I don't know where you heard about him not getting along with his teammates. Golden Tate talked about his (Jimmy Clausen)leadership qualities and how well he did get along with everyone in his interview yesterday. To compare Clausen to Leaf is probably one of the most outrageous, mentally challenged statements I've ever heard. What a donkey.

Where the hell are people getting the 'Clausen falling out of the first round' nonsense?

I just googled '2010 NFL mock draft' and looked at the first page of results. Every one of them has him going in the first 9 picks.

I think Bradford will be taken ahead of him and I could see Clausen maybe sliding out of the top 10, but the 2d round? With all the teams that need a QB?? Wake up folks.

Where the hell are people getting the 'Clausen falling out of the first round' nonsense?

I just googled '2010 NFL mock draft' and looked at the first page of results. Every one of them has him going in the first 9 picks.

I think Bradford will be taken ahead of him and I could see Clausen maybe sliding out of the top 10, but the 2d round? With all the teams that need a QB?? Wake up folks.

Well said. On the radio yesterday they mentioned that the Rams were seriously looking at Bradford and were meeting with his agent. Still a realistic that 1 QB goes at #1, which means the other guy probably wont fall past washington or seattle.

A common misconception is that drafting a QB before your O line is set is, well, stupid. Fact is you need both to win and therefore in building your draft board you have to consider your reasonably expected opportunities over consecutive drafts. If the franchise QB falls to you in year 1 of the new programme, and in advance of your #1 O-lineman, you take him. Maybe the tackle is available in next year's class, (and maybe the QB will not).

Taking your future QB now doesn't mean you have to play him immediately behind a line that is not set. Sometime franchise QBs sit for a year or two.

Now for those who just don't like Bradford or Claussen, that is a different point-and everyone is entitled to their opinion on that I guess.

My guesstimate - both will be off the board before # 7 (in the first). I agree with Walterfootball - Claussen # 1 overall to the Rams.

I agree with this guy!