Peter King MMQB today

ACor58

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares who said this. It's obvious scouts have their opinions set in their minds already. It all boils down to if Ralph will sign off on the guy. I know Nix is the perfect guy to be dealing with the draft. Just listen to him talk about the combine. He gets a chubby any time he can talk about a players potential. I am hoping we get the Bulaga kid. He is a beast and a guy who will be the anchor on the O-line for years to come. Dont like The guy from Rutgers. They say he is a bit lazy. Remember Nix was involved in the scouting of Tomlinson, and Brees. That was a great draft. Trade spots with Atlanta! by making that trade they passed on Vick. They get Tomlinson in the first and get Brees in the second. That took guts to pass on Vick. There was so much hype about him coming out of college.

But that is just it. Who gives a crap what fans might think, Buddy Nix is highly respected in NFL circles as a talent evaluator. For our sake I hope that it was Nix that was quoted becasue it makes perfect sense.

Yep, I agree. I think it could very well be Nix. Just because nobody on this board had heard of him before doesn't mean he isn't a good talent evaluator. Everyone who is saying "it couldn't be him" needs to start losing the negative attitude. The fact is, Nix drafted a LOT of talent in San Diego, and I think he's going to do the same thing here, starting with this year.

Makes no sense. If it was Nix, how would King assume his readers would "all say....whoa...we respect him" when i would guess at least 90% of his readers have never heard of Buddy Nix?

After looking at it again closely, I agree he's not talking about Nix. I misread it the first time.

!@#$ it. It sounds like Nix to me, so I'm going to assume the quote was from him and live in happy, blissful ignorance.

I'm with you. This is the season for happy, blissful ignorance. New football folks, before any real decision making occurs so everyone can dream of their perfect scenario for the next 3 months or so.

I'm sure there will be lots of thuds as people come down to earth.

It sure as hell sounds just like Nix. As for the last part, Nix is more well respected around the league than Bills fans and local media give him credit for.

That said, you can bet Nix believes the same way whomever made that comment does.

How do you know this?

Yep, I agree. I think it could very well be Nix. Just because nobody on this board had heard of him before doesn't mean he isn't a good talent evaluator. Everyone who is saying "it couldn't be him" needs to start losing the negative attitude. The fact is, Nix drafted a LOT of talent in San Diego, and I think he's going to do the same thing here, starting with this year.

+1

Anyone that says Nix is unheard of around the league is a fool. Your thinking like a fan, not a professional football employee if you think that. How many fans can really name GM's for other teams in the NFL. Sure the Bill Parcells, Mike Holmgren, Bill Polian, Charlie Casserly's are easy. But who really knows the GM's for some of the lesser known teams? That doesnt mean they are not good at what they do, or respected around the league.

it is bill parcells..........................gill brandt is on sirius today and he told the same story but he said it was parcells

Parcells was the first guy that popped into my head when I read the King story.

While I respect and like Nix, I'm sure the interviewee is Mike Holgrem (sp?)

!@#$ it. It sounds like Nix to me, so I'm going to assume the quote was from him and live in happy, blissful ignorance.

LOL...same here.

This was the line that sold me.

"I'm convinced if you took the stopwatches away from a lot of these guys, most of 'em would not be able to tell you whether they liked a player or not. "

I have to think there's a reason that King took the time to include an "'em" in this quote. Otherwise he would have just written it normally. :P

LOL...same here.

This was the line that sold me.

I have to think there's a reason that King took the time to include an "'em" in this quote. Otherwise he would have just written it normally. :P

That is what did it for me....