mcnabb WILL be traded

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would have been far less accurate then Warner, that I can promise you.

And he wouldn't have been sacked as much, and he would have thrown far fewer INTs. Both guys were (and still are) excellent players, and both are/were statistically more productive than the best Bills QB in team history, Jim Kelly.

What's your rationale other than Super Bowl appearances? Because when you look at their productivity, it's not that different. And McNabb's got some years left in him. Btw, I certainly do think that Warner deserves to go to the HOF btw.

To be honest, having watched both play over the years, it's the 'ol eyeball test. I felt supremely confident when Warner had the ball in his hands. His accuracy and quick reads were uncanny.

McNabb is a good QB, needless to say, and was very good at times. I often waited for him to make a poor read or throw behind a receiver.

I just don't trust him in a big spot.

Sorry. Didn't mean to be so literal. Warner WILL be a HOF.

McNabb won't be. Comprende muchacho?

McNabb is no Warner.

mcnabb is for sure no kurt warner, but i do think he gets in to the hof if for nothing else, helping the iggles get to all those nfc championship games in a row +1 superbowl. and as much as it is a useless personal stat, his record as a starter.

very similar hof credentials to another qb with an irish last name.

mcnabb is for sure no kurt warner, but i do think he gets in to the hof if for nothing else, helping the iggles get to all those nfc championship games in a row +1 superbowl. and as much as it is a useless personal stat, his record as a starter.

very similar hof credentials to another qb with an irish last name.

I think we can all agree that he's light years beyond any QB the Bills have had in ages (including Bledsoe). Whether you want to trade a first rounder for him, I dunno. I doubt it'll ever happen in any case.

I think we can all agree that he's light years beyond any QB the Bills have had in ages (including Bledsoe). Whether you want to trade a first rounder for him, I dunno. I doubt it'll ever happen in any case.

Agreed, indeed.

We won't end up with him. If somehow we do, I hope it's for less than a 2.

Agreed, indeed.

We won't end up with him. If somehow we do, I hope it's for less than a 2.

I'd definitely trade a 2 for him given that there's an even chance that that pick will end up being the equivalent of James Hardy, Josh Reed, or Chris Kelsay. I'd take a 33 year old McNabb over them.

I'd definitely trade a 2 for him given that there's an even chance that that pick will end up being the equivalent of James Hardy, Josh Reed, or Chris Kelsay. I'd take a 33 year old McNabb over them.

Fair point, though I'll give the new regime the benefit of the doubt and ....*gulp*......ASSUME their picks will be, how shall I say, relevant.

Bill, you're better than that. Bledsoe played more years!!! He QBed 193 games; McNabb has QBed 128. I mean, it's not even remotely comparable. Of course Bledsoe threw for more yards. The thing you compare them on is their efficiency and productivity rates (and winning, if you're of that mind). McNabb blows him away.

Drew was a much better qb before the injury. Also, it has yet to be determined how long McNabb will last. If I had to guess, I don't think he will be around much longer. I never really understood the thing about getting "tired" in the superbowl either. Do you? TO couldn't. Also, McNabb never had the misfortune of playing for the Bills, behind those awful lines.

By the time Bledspw got to Buffalo, his play was diminished, and Bellicick knew this. Again, he was really done in by that hit against the jets. He needed more protection than the Bills, or even Dallas could give him. But, he took NE to a superbowl as a kid. Bledsoe had one of the best arms in NFL history, and this includes McNabb.

As for the bolded, you are comparing McNabb's young years against Drew's entire career which included his older, post injury years. My point is that "far superior" is a bit of a stretch imo.

Usually, I'm all for giving up picks for a proven player. But with the talent in this draft is so deep, it'd be hard for me with this one. I am all about filling our need at OT, LB, and DT. I would really like to see us grab LeFevour with our 3rd, or maybe even Pike. But with the first two and free agency, address the other 2. If we could do it for a conditional pick in next years draft, i'd be down. I'd even give a first rounder if we were to make the playoffs.

I love McNabb. Love him. And I think he has atleast 4 good years left in which I would love to have LeFevour learn behind McNabb in a Aaron Rodgers sense.

This is overall hard. If we can sign an Antonio Pierce at LB and a DT in Free Agency, get our OT in the first, I could deal with trading our 2nd this year, trade up if necessary for LeFevour and call it a day.

On a side note, I wonder what the Eagles interest in Marshawn would be. I know they have McCoy, but he's not an every down back and Westbrook could be let go. That would be an interesting nitch.

To me its all about is the juice worth the squeeze when it comes to McNabb. I would consider giving up our 2nd round choice this season for him straight up. However I would like to save that pick to try and land Mt.Cody. I would also like to point out that a early 2nd round pick for a 34 year old QB is a bit of a high price.

To me I would offer this year plus next years 3rd round picks is a fair price on both sides (If that doesn't work I say have an escalator clause that if Buffalo makes the playoffs and McNabb starts 11 games next years pick escalates to a 2nd round choice) Philly gets a decent haul for an aging QB and we get a prime time pro QB coming off a good season.

Now if another team is willing to give up a late 1st for McNabb then let him walk we just can't match the offer. However I think the market could come to us and an offer similar to two 3rds with one possibly going to a second is a offer that might get it done.

No way in hell would I give up more then a 4th round pick for McNabb. People- we have many, many holes to fill. A 32 year old average QB is not how we make the playoffs! I warned about Bledsoe- take heed McNabb

Yes, the voice of reason speaks

Drew was a much better qb before the injury. Also, it has yet to be determined how long McNabb will last. If I had to guess, I don't think he will be around much longer. I never really understood the thing about getting "tired" in the superbowl either. Do you? TO couldn't. Also, McNabb never had the misfortune of playing for the Bills, behind those awful lines.

By the time Bledspw got to Buffalo, his play was diminished, and Bellicick knew this. Again, he was really done in by that hit against the jets. He needed more protection than the Bills, or even Dallas could give him. But, he took NE to a superbowl as a kid. Bledsoe had one of the best arms in NFL history, and this includes McNabb.

As for the bolded, you are comparing McNabb's young years against Drew's entire career which included his older, post injury years. My point is that "far superior" is a bit of a stretch imo.

Bill: Bledsoe's best year statistically may well have been 2002, which occurred after his injury. Plus he was reasonably productive in 2005. If you look at his whole career, it's pretty even. In fact, I'd argue that physically, he was pretty much *exactly* the same player physically in his final game in 2006 as he was in his first game with the Pats in 1993. He still had a cannon, and he was still immobile. He never changed. The problem is that he never got better in the mental part of the game. He never played well against good teams either before or after the injury either. I stand by what I said earlier about McNabb's stats being far more impressive than Bledsoe's, and I'm also willing to stack his first 11 years against Bledsoe's first 11 years any day.

Go ahead and compare Bledsoe's stats from 2005 with his stats from either 1996 or 1998. They're virtually the same. He never changed.

He is worth one 2nd rounder---at best

He's worth a 5th round pick or Marshawn straight up AND THAT IS IT. Sure he has skills, but he's aging and also made out of tape and balsa wood. Not worth sacrificing our future for 2 years (if he dosen't get killed) of QB play. Lets face it, the Buffalo Bills are not there yet. Maybe we are good enough to get into the playoffs, but we definately are not winning the SB in the next two seasons.

It kills me how quickly people are willing to trade away young potential for aging talent. Anyone remember Bledsoe?