Maybin Twitter

FergsKU

Maybin- could of had Oher or Okrapo or Cushing or Harvin

Whitner- could of had Ngata

Hardy- could of had Ray Rice or DeSean Jackson

McCargo- could of had DeAngelo or Mangold or Jones Drew or Cromartie

Youboty- could of had Brandon Marshall or Owen Daniels or Jahri Evans or Elvis or Leon Washington

!@#$ing Bledsoe- could of had Aaron Rogers

Roscoe- could of had Frank Gore or Justin Tuck or Marion Barber

Tim Anderson- could of had Matt Schaub or Chris Cooley

Euhus- could of had Jerome Allen

Dylan Mcfarland- could of had Wes Walker

Mcgahee could of had Dallas Clark or Asomugha

Kelsay- could of had Boldin or Osi or Briggs or Witten

Williams- could of had Haynesworth or Ed Reed or John Henderson or Dwight Freeney or Javon Walker !@#$ING MINDBLOWING THAT WE COULD !@#$ THIS PICK UP!

Josh Reed- could of had LeCharles Bentley

Coy Wire- could of had David Garrard

Justin Bannon- could of had Aaron Kampman

Mike Pucillo- could of had James Harrison or Bart Scott

We have not had a solid draft since 2001 IMO. Last years draft was good- but we blew the Maybin pick. No **** you can do this with every draft. But my point is there was talent on the boards when we selected. We just chose to pick inferior players. No wonder we have sucked for so long!

Although this is depressing it's not all the players fault. If we drafted DeSean Jackson, would he be as good as he is in Philly? probably not.

Ed Reed was drafted in the 20th pick range. If he drafted him I'm sure everyone would have been against it.

Bottom line, the Bills have a rep for not building a solid team around impact players. I honestly think that if half those players was a Buffalo Bill, things might have turned out differently.

I do agree with the fact that Modrak sucks at drafting but how much of it was his call remains to be seen. Maybe he will get it right this time with Dick and John gone.

God I hope so.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy has to accomplish something before he's allowed to have a good time?

Give the guy a break....he's played one whole season, after missing most of training camp.

People are ready to drive him out of town after one year with a guy that most people knew would be a project.

The guy held out like he had something to offer day 1. Bills fans are still waiting... :thumbdown:

I think there are very few people here who wouldn't hold out on signing a contract if it meant getting another million bucks. I hate it and respect the guys who like to get into camp on time but I think a lot of people would take his route. JMO

Whitner = bust

Hardy = bust

Maybin = bust

Lynch = pretty much a bust

yet Modrak drafts once again for the bust-ridden Buffalo Bills

They need to get rid of this guy immediately after this draft. In fact, I don't even buy the argument we need to keep him around for this draft. Keep all the scouts and let Nix draft, and get a new head college scout for next year. Hopefully the new assistant GM, who is from the Steelers (who draft VERY WELL), will have a large role in this draft.

Maybin- could of had Oher or Okrapo or Cushing or Harvin

Whitner- could of had Ngata

Hardy- could of had Ray Rice or DeSean Jackson

McCargo- could of had DeAngelo or Mangold or Jones Drew or Cromartie

Youboty- could of had Brandon Marshall or Owen Daniels or Jahri Evans or Elvis or Leon Washington

!@#$ing Bledsoe- could of had Aaron Rogers

Roscoe- could of had Frank Gore or Justin Tuck or Marion Barber

Tim Anderson- could of had Matt Schaub or Chris Cooley

Euhus- could of had Jerome Allen

Dylan Mcfarland- could of had Wes Walker

Mcgahee could of had Dallas Clark or Asomugha

Kelsay- could of had Boldin or Osi or Briggs or Witten

Williams- could of had Haynesworth or Ed Reed or John Henderson or Dwight Freeney or Javon Walker !@#$ING MINDBLOWING THAT WE COULD !@#$ THIS PICK UP!

Josh Reed- could of had LeCharles Bentley

Coy Wire- could of had David Garrard

Justin Bannon- could of had Aaron Kampman

Mike Pucillo- could of had James Harrison or Bart Scott

We have not had a solid draft since 2001 IMO. Last years draft was good- but we blew the Maybin pick. No **** you can do this with every draft. But my point is there was talent on the boards when we selected. We just chose to pick inferior players. No wonder we have sucked for so long!

Nice list but do that for every other team in the NFL and i bet you will find similar results.

Nice list but do that for every other team in the NFL and i bet you will find similar results.

San Diego-

Antoine Cason- good value pick

no second or third round picks

Craig Davis

no second or third round picks- weak draft class

Cromartie- Probowler

McNeil- Probowler

Whitehurst- backup QB

no 4th round pick

Shawn Merriman-probowler

Luis Castillo

Vincent Jackson-probowler

Darren Sproles

Eli Manning- traded for Philip Rivers and draft picks that ended up being Nate Kaeding and Shawn Merriman. A+ San Diego

Olshansky

Nick Hardwick-probowler

Shawn Phillips

Michael Turner-probowler

Drayton Florence

Mike Scifries probowler

Hanik Milligan probowler

Antonio Gates probowler

Kris Dielman probowler

Tomlinson-probowler

Brees-probowler

Compare this list to the chumps we have drafted. San Diego traded so many high picks away-- and still blows away our past 10 drafts. We draft tomato cans, they draft probowlers. That is why Chargers are tough, and we have not made the playoffs in a decade

He`s always at state partying his arse off. My son and his friends see this fool all the time. He`s up on stage with the DJ ,no not Dick J. Sometimes he `s one of the bouncers. He likes to be the big show among these college kids. They just laugh about him. Pretty much think he`s a fool with alot of money. I myself think of him with that stupid pass rush swinging his arms in circles and his head going all over the place. Thanks Dick great pick. :thumbdown:

Reason #1 I'd never have a Twitter if I was an athlete: so morons on an internet board can completely overreact to everything I say.

He's 21 and not an all pro yet. But he's out partying and havign a good time during Super Bowl week? The nerve of that guy. Let's string the bastard up. Instead of complaining about someone's else lives, maybe some of you should get your own first. :wallbash:

Unfortunately the evidence seems to point to Maybin being another Whitner - a legend in his own mind, all mouth and no game.

As a CEO of a company once told me about an employee---they are "too impressed with their own talents", meaning they thought way higher of themself than anyone else did...

You don't draft "projects" that have one good year in college in the first round. Unless your the Bills. It does'nt take a rocket scientest to see that 225 DE ( maybe less) is'nt going to cut it against a 350lb. LT. Granted he's a rookie who held out of camp (by his own choice), but I just don't see his future in the league unless he can make the switch to OLB. Wish him the best and really hope he proves me wrong becuase he's eating up salary space.

Did I miss something? He is a perennial Pro Bowler? Dude has done nothing but twitter about his partying this week. May want to accomplish something first.

Why? The guy held out and got paid millions to flat out suck. He is on top of the world!

Whitner is hardly a bust. He is an average NFL player at this point who is very versatile. You could argue that he was not worth his draft position.

Hardy cannot be called a bust. Recievers take a year or two to develop in a good offense. The guy tore his ACL his rookie year and barely saw the field this year. Combine that with our anemic passing game, its no wonder he has done nothing to this point. But he is hardly a bust at this point. (although could end up being one.)

Maybin was a project when we drafted him. He has done nothing but still has potential.

Lynch is not a bust either.

Sorry, I think you are off base or premature on all of your points.

McCargo - Now THERE is a bust.

Whitner is not versatile nor VERY versatile. Yes, he has played multiple postions (free safety, strong safety, cornerback and nickel cornerback) and the reason is he was being outplayed by backups at each of his positions so the Bills moved him to try and keep him on the field. He hasn't been good at any of the positions, actually he's been average to below average at most spots the Bills have put him. At strong safety he was outplayed by Bryan Scott and George Wilson. At free safety he was outplayed by George Wilson and Jarius Byrd. When the Bills slid him into nickel corner when our CB's were banged up he was absolutely lit up and exposed during the Jets game in Toronto.

Maybin has potential, but any realistic fan at this point is very justified in having serious doubts about whether the guy can live up to being a high 1st round pick. You can't hit on all of them, but you like to at least see your high draft picks make solid contributions within 2 years. I'm willing to give him another year beore I declare Maybin a bust, but he's got to show a LOT MORE this season.

Watching Maybin during drills at the combine last year had me very nervous. Very stiff and not fluid in his movements at all. I've seen girls catch the football much more fluidly and athletically than Maybin. I'm not saying catching the football is a priority for a DE/OLB, but it's concerning to see a #1 draft pick catch the football worse than my girlfriend.

Personally I was pulling for Robert Ayers last draft. I'm not sure how Ayers played last season, to be honest, but that's who I was rooting for. If not Ayers I wanted Orakpo over Maybin, Maybin to me was the riskiest of all the 1st round DL. I hope he proves all his doubters wrong. Time will tell.

The size of Maybin's contract is going to give him plenty of opportunities to prove himself. He's not going anywhere else any time soon.

He made two mistakes. The first was leaving school with two years of eligibility left. He clearly wasn't ready yet. The second was his choice of agents. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you take last year's contracts around pick 11 then add a percentage typical of year by year increases from the past to find out what a fair deal will be. His agent was far too passive waiting to see if Michael Crabtree was going to get something over slot in order to gain a little more leverage. Maybin badly needed a full training camp and it cost him.

Maybin's work habits and athletic ability make me more inclined to bet for rather than against him.

As a 4-3 end, he's been useless. IF, and it's a big if, he can play OLB in a 3-4, he's going to have to do more than just rush the passer, he's going to have to drop into coverage, and there is no evidence to suggest he can do that. Basically, he's turned into Matt Jones - a high draft pick who is a project.

Question is, if Maybin flames out and never does anything, is he the biggest bust in the history of the franchise based on how high the pick was (11th)?

Some might bring up Mike Williams (4th overall in '02), but Williams did actually start for a number of season. Worse than Tony Hunter (12th in '83) or Perry Tuttle (19th in '82)? Erik Flowers was a total bust, but he went late (26th in '00).