LaGarrette Blount

Capt. OTM

Off field issues aside, I don't understand all the hate for Marshawn. He s a damn good back. It just so happens that Jackson is too. Both these guys can play. We've got enough holes on this team. RB is one of the few assets. Why rock the boat.

What do you guys think of Blount in the late rounds? Especially if the team trades away Marshawn Lynch. Has Blount learned from his mistakes and is the risk worth the reward?

Late rounds? My guess is TKO in the third.

Actually I have no problem with us taking a late RB. I was thinking of more of a speedster but wouldn't be opposed to Blount. I don't think he has a really extensive history of bad choices.

Late rounds? My guess is TKO in the third.

Actually I have no problem with us taking a late RB. I was thinking of more of a speedster but wouldn't be opposed to Blount. I don't think he has a really extensive history of bad choices.

Idk man that boise game was redic, that was alot of brainless emotion for a one time thing. I'm sorry but if your that !@#$ing stupid to sucker punch another player and then attack fans on national television... you got probs.

Idk man that boise game was redic, that was alot of brainless emotion for a one time thing. I'm sorry but if your that !@#$ing stupid to sucker punch another player and then attack fans on national television... you got probs.

I agree it was a disturbing loss of control but college kids are emotional trainwrecks by nature. If he has a clean slate otherwise, I'd trust him. I don't know what his story is, other than that incident.

What do you guys think of Blount in the late rounds? Especially if the team trades away Marshawn Lynch. Has Blount learned from his mistakes and is the risk worth the reward?

Maybe he can roll with Lynch at the clubs and after Lynch takes a $20 bill from some girl he can come up behind him and sucker punch him...

if you have ever watched him play you would realize hes not that good

He looked pretty good last year in the games I went to...and was a great change of pace back late this season against Oregon State. Blount ran through some Ohio State defenders in the Rose Bowl and was picking up steam until that botched hand off happened.

It all comes down to what he learned from this year. The sucker punch jokes are getting a bit old. You have to applaud Chip Kelly and Oregon for how they made Blount earn his way back onto the field when he didn't even know that was a possibility. Word is he has also changed dramatically since his child was born. Regardless, do we need him? Not sure, maybe worth a flier if he drops to the late rounds.

It all comes down to what he learned from this year. The sucker punch jokes are getting a bit old. You have to applaud Chip Kelly and Oregon for how they made Blount earn his way back onto the field when he didn't even know that was a possibility. Word is he has also changed dramatically since his child was born. Regardless, do we need him? Not sure, maybe worth a flier if he drops to the late rounds.

Yeah right...you actually believe that noone on the team told him he had a chance to come back. How naive does Kelly and his lapdog AD over there think we are? Conveniently he was reinstated by the team after all this hard work he did and it just happened to be in time for him to help them win their Bowl Game so the school could get extra money...wow, what a coincidence...that just couldn't have been the reason I'm sure...

Yeah right...you actually believe that noone on the team told him he had a chance to come back. How naive does Kelly and his lapdog AD over there think we are? Conveniently he was reinstated by the team after all this hard work he did and it just happened to be in time for him to help them win their Bowl Game so the school could get extra money...wow, what a coincidence...that just couldn't have been the reason I'm sure...

Blount was running with the scout team all year. He was eligible for to play in the Arizona game but was never subbed in (if Oregon had lost, the Wildcats would have been headed to Pasadena. The Ducks won in the 2nd OT). And LaMichael James set the freshmen rushing record in the PAC-10 this year after taking over for Blount. They went 9-1 without Blount while playing one of the toughest schedules in college football. So no, I don't think his re-instatement was evident of some master bowl money scheme, nor do I think he got off lightly. The original suspension was a bit over the top/reactionary IMHO anyways. Byron Hout didn't even get a slap on the wrist for his taunting, and what did Spikes get for his eye gouging? A half-game suspension.

You think Bellotti is Chip's lap dog? Really? You have just proven you have no clue about Oregon football. You don't have to like Blount, but at least he put in the effort when there were no guarantees. He worked hard, had tough restrictions placed upon him, and stepped up to show that he is "capable" of turning things around.

Will he change his ways? Only Blount can make that call. Should we draft him? Who knows, ask Jairus Byrd.

Blount was running with the scout team all year. He was eligible for to play in the Arizona game but was never subbed in (if Oregon had lost, the Wildcats would have been headed to Pasadena. The Ducks won in the 2nd OT). And LaMichael James set the freshmen rushing record in the PAC-10 this year after taking over for Blount. They went 9-1 without Blount while playing one of the toughest schedules in college football. So no, I don't think his re-instatement was evident of some master bowl money scheme, nor do I think he got off lightly. The original suspension was a bit over the top/reactionary IMHO anyways. Byron Hout didn't even get a slap on the wrist for his taunting, and what did Spikes get for his eye gouging? A half-game suspension.

You think Bellotti is Chip's lap dog? Really? You have just proven you have no clue about Oregon football. You don't have to like Blount, but at least he put in the effort when there were no guarantees. He worked hard, had tough restrictions placed upon him, and stepped up to show that he is "capable" of turning things around.

Will he change his ways? Only Blount can make that call. Should we draft him? Who knows, ask Jairus Byrd.

I think it would be a waste of a pick if we drafted a running back this year. Our Line and Qb need to be top priority

I couldnt care less about charactor issues as long as they arent suspended for a long time (we didnt miss Lynch for 3 games, but a full year would be tough). But Blout basically sucks. He is slow and heavy footed. Meanwhile I have seen Gerhart rated as low as the 7th best back in this class. Thats just retarded. He is a superstar running back. He will be the next Marion Barber/Frank Gore late round draft choice/stud RB.

Maybe we should ask Lawrence Phillips....oh wait, he just got moved to a state pen last week...lemme me go call the warden and set up something...

Thug Life!!

Maybe we should ask Lawrence Phillips....oh wait, he just got moved to a state pen last week...lemme me go call the warden and set up something...

Thug Life!!

So because Phillips made horrible choices with his second chance no one else can ever turn their life around.

Who knows which path Blount will take, for his sake I hope he has learned some semblance of a lesson.

He has the "potential" to have a solid career.

I guess I am one of the few that will defend Blount. The fact is some classless punk from Boise taunted and talked **** to Blount after Boise won. I ask all who rush to judgement- what was said to Blount? No one on this board knows. But many are quick to put all blame on Blount. No doubt it was a hell of a punch. No doubt the high road is the right road. But no doubt, that punk ass **** talker on Boise St brought it upon himself. He keeps his mouth shut nothing happens

I guess I am one of the few that will defend Blount. The fact is some classless punk from Boise taunted and talked **** to Blount after Boise won. I ask all who rush to judgement- what was said to Blount? No one on this board knows. But many are quick to put all blame on Blount. No doubt it was a hell of a punch. No doubt the high road is the right road. But no doubt, that punk ass **** talker on Boise St brought it upon himself. He keeps his mouth shut nothing happens

So, let me get this straight. Blount can't keep his head, emotions, self discipline in check and it is someone else's fault. Got it.

Some kid is talking junk to another kid and you support the windup, sucker punch? Apparently you missed the part where the Oregon players were taunting Boise before the game and Blount was front and center. Would that have been a good situation to execute a sucker punch too? I'm all for giving the kid a second chance but let's not pretend he made the right decision.

I agree 100%. He was pushed (verbally) and he reacted poorly. He made one mistake. Then he took his medicine. He handled the suspension with class ... continued going to school, and proved he belonged on the field. I'd like to see them take a late-round shot at him.

I like it. I think he turns out to be better than Lynch, and Lynch is good. He is def worth a late round pick. If he turns out to be a punk then we end up dumping a late rounder, which is usually what happens to late rounders. If he is solid, then bonus.

I would have no problem if they picked up LeGarrette Blount. I think his coach made the right decision in not tossing him & then in reinstating him. If he had been kicked out of school we would possibly be reading about him on the police blotter. He was given a chance and he has an opportunity to make something of himself.

I'm pulling for him.

Yes I have. He is not very good. He may not get drafted all together. The reason that 95% of this board knows this kids name is because of his fight/suspension, not his running.

Good inside runner, powerful. Not a first day back but someone who can make a squad (IMO). 7.3 YPC in '08 and that's with 2 clunker games, 17 TDs.

Off field issues aside, I don't understand all the hate for Marshawn. He s a damn good back. It just so happens that Jackson is too. Both these guys can play. We've got enough holes on this team. RB is one of the few assets. Why rock the boat.

His issue was on the field. Punk.

Yes I have. He is not very good. He may not get drafted all together. The reason that 95% of this board knows this kids name is because of his fight/suspension, not his running.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, obviously.

He's got enough physical talent to be a mid or late round draft pick, which was what the OP asked. Obviously, there are some concerns. Obviously, he missed most of the season, so you'd have to watch what he did last year and in jr. college, where he was the #1 JC RB prospect in the nation in 07.

If you are against "brainless emotion" then you certainly would be against having Incognito on your teaam.

before his incident he was rated as the number two senior runningback. I doubt that punch knocks him completely out of the draft.

Blount's issues were started by the Boise State Broncos. After which, the Broncos continued their dominance all the way to yet another BCS Bowl victory. Next year, Boise State, returns 21 of 22 starters on both sides of the ball. In light of this, many writers have them starting the season in the top 3 in both polls. They also believe they will be playing for a National Championship next year should they run the table again. Good thing LaGarrette is leaving college football or he might get good and mad should his Ducks get run over them in the title game next year. Boise St. is the real deal, and they forced LaGarrette to absolutely implode on national television.