INTERESTING Dan Reeves Comment...

Bash_Gash

The salient point here, and it has been mentioned, is the wealth of football knowledge IF this happens! By the way, Dan Reeves immediately becomes the assistant Head Coach, in my opinion, and eases the burden Chan Gailey would have had by being the HC and OC. Additionally, I believe that Dan Reeves presence amps up the possibilities of landing a top notch staff in Buffalo. Truly a feather in the cap of Head Coach Chan Gailey right out of the chute! I LOVE IT.... GO BILLS!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan Reeves liking Buffalo option

In this WIVB article the possibility of Dan Reeves reaching out to Chan Gailey is a very intriguing option.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills...s-coach-search

The Bills wound up with Gailey, who's

got extensive experience in the NFL. He

started in the NFL in Denver in 1985 under Dan Reeves, who grew up in Gailey's hometown of Americus, Georgia and coached him in little league baseball.

News 4 Sports spoke with Dan Reeves Wednesday, and asked for his opinion on Chan Gailey.

"Chan's gonna be sound. He's fundamentally sound, he's gonna do things that make them able to compete week in and week out. He's gonna be very well prepared. But I think also Chan is also on the cutting edge. He's gonna be one of those innovative guys who come up with things."

Reeves, who coached in four Super Bowls and played in two others, has not coached since he was fired by the Atlanta Falcons after the 2003 season. But he would not rule out coming to Buffalo to work on Gailey's staff.

"He hasn't reached out to me," Reeves said, "but I coached him in Little League and he might give me a chance. He might come back and try to see if I could help him out."

We asked if Reeves would be open to working with Gailey in Buffalo.

"I tell you, if I could help Chan Gailey out, I would certainly be interested in that."

It would cost money, so it is not possible given our owner RW.

Thats an easy one to suss out.

Make him the Offensive Coordinator. As we all know, Chan Gailey will be calling the offensive plays, which is fine by me. With that being said, Chan the Man needs a coach who is "on the same page" with him as an offensive coordinator, someone who could tweak some things here and there and oversee the offense. No better than someone who has been successful around the league forever and has been to several Super Bowls...the new 2010 Buffalo Bills Offensive Coordinator Dan Reeves.

Get a strong Defensive Coordinator (which I think is the most crucial move to make right now).......and I'd call that a helluva coaching staff.

Go Bills!

Easy solution - don't tell 'im. :wallbash:

They could bring in Dan to meet Ralph and the convo would go something like this:

Nix: "Now Ralph, I would like you to meet Dan."

Ralph: "Huh? Who?"

Nix: "DAN! IS YOUR HEARING AID OFF AGAIN?"

Ralph: "OH! Sorry, I forgot I turned it off last night."

Nix: "Dan is going to be joining us in Buffalo, Ralph."

Ralph: "Oh really? Where do I know him from?"

Dan: "I'm Aunt Edna's son, Ralph."

Ralph: "Aunt Edna!! How is that old bag doing anyway? I haven't talked to her since she got her new dentures!"

Dan: "She is doing fine, she asked about you the other day and wanted me to say hi for her."

Ralph: "OK, well you better get going, I need one of my orderlies to come in and change my Depends. They keep giving me prune juice for breakfast and I keep telling them how messy it gets!"

Nix and Dan holding their noses and ducking their heads into their armpits: "OK Ralph, take it easy."

They could bring in Dan to meet Ralph and the convo would go something like this:

Nix: "Now Ralph, I would like you to meet Dan."

Ralph: "Huh? Who?"

Nix: "DAN! IS YOUR HEARING AID OFF AGAIN?"

Ralph: "OH! Sorry, I forgot I turned it off last night."

Nix: "Dan is going to be joining us in Buffalo, Ralph."

Ralph: "Oh really? Where do I know him from?"

Dan: "I'm Aunt Edna's son, Ralph."

Ralph: "Aunt Edna!! How is that old bag doing anyway? I haven't talked to her since she got her new dentures!"

Dan: "She is doing fine, she asked about you the other day and wanted me to say hi for her."

Ralph: "OK, well you better get going, I need one of my orderlies to come in and change my Depends. They keep giving me prune juice for breakfast and I keep telling them how messy it gets!"

Nix and Dan holding their noses and ducking their heads into their armpits: "OK Ralph, take it easy."

Ralph: AMELIA EARHART?

Man, the idea of Gailey and Reeves together excites me. That is a lot of football knowledge to help the offensive side of the football. Gives us a ton more credibility. I mean, that would be a feel good thing.

GET ER DONE BUDDY!

GET ER DONE CHAN!

Come on throw us a bone here guys. Then, let's go get some experience on "D".

Do all of the above AND change the uniforms and I might even buy an extra two season tickets. LOL. Well, not really, but at least I'd have a staff I would trust a hell of lot more.

Reeves is a must for fan morale

**** I would have been happier if Ralph had hired Dan Reeves as head coach...DR could have hired Gailey has his OC... I always liked Reeves... but I don't know what role he could really play... maybe QB coach? Elway loved him (sarcastic!)... but he may be a good coach for lesser talented QB's like we have...

btw- those objecting to Reeves joining the staff, based on his age...he is a year younger than Marty Schottenheimer...

**** I would have been happier if Ralph had hired Dan Reeves as head coach...DR could have hired Gailey has his OC... I always liked Reeves... but I don't know what role he could really play... maybe QB coach? Elway loved him (sarcastic!)... but he may be a good coach for lesser talented QB's like we have...

btw- those objecting to Reeves joining the staff, based on his age...he is a year younger than Marty Schottenheimer...

also age discrimination :rolleyes:

Dan Reeves liking Buffalo option

In this WIVB article the possibility of Dan Reeves reaching out to Chan Gailey is a very intriguing option.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/sports/bills...s-coach-search

The Bills wound up with Gailey, who's

got extensive experience in the NFL. He

started in the NFL in Denver in 1985 under Dan Reeves, who grew up in Gailey's hometown of Americus, Georgia and coached him in little league baseball.

News 4 Sports spoke with Dan Reeves Wednesday, and asked for his opinion on Chan Gailey.

"Chan's gonna be sound. He's fundamentally sound, he's gonna do things that make them able to compete week in and week out. He's gonna be very well prepared. But I think also Chan is also on the cutting edge. He's gonna be one of those innovative guys who come up with things."

Reeves, who coached in four Super Bowls and played in two others, has not coached since he was fired by the Atlanta Falcons after the 2003 season. But he would not rule out coming to Buffalo to work on Gailey's staff.

"He hasn't reached out to me," Reeves said, "but I coached him in Little League and he might give me a chance. He might come back and try to see if I could help him out."

We asked if Reeves would be open to working with Gailey in Buffalo.

"I tell you, if I could help Chan Gailey out, I would certainly be interested in that."

No doubt in a week Reeves will deny he was ever interested in a position witht the Bills and we will all blame ESPN for not naming their sources.