Chan Gailey

Nevergiveup

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, what the Bills need is a head coach with the proven ability to:

1. Draft well (someone who has already shown to have had a hand in drafting quality players)

2. Execute successful trades (upgrade his team for both the short-term and the long-term)

3. Manage the game well (ie. adapt quickly to any wrinkles his opponents throw at him, manage the clock, etc)

4. Choose good assistants who both understand his philosophy and are willing to IMPLEMENT said philosophy (see DJ and his coordinators for the perfect example of the opposite).

1 and 2 are really the job of the GM, no? Of course the HC should have input, but that's not his primary role.

Agreed on 3 and this is where Gailey may be a risk based on what I've read. Hopefully he'll be a big improvement over Jauron but we won't know that till next fall.

On 4, bear in mind that attracting good assistants to Buffalo isn't going to be any easier than attracting a HC. But as a successful OC, let's hope Gailey is able to do something with the disaster we've seen on that side of the ball.

I have reason to believe this is your new head coach. I am not completely 100%, but would not post it in this manner if I did not think it was credible. There are no links for this information. I know it will be ugly if I am wrong, but I thought you would want the information.

Could be as soon as tomorrow.

I live in Dallas, follow the Bills born and raised in South Buffalo. If the hire Chan I'M DONE!!!! He sucks!!

This honestly makes me sick.. WHY....... because the fans of the buffalo bills really are given nothing to route for. It is obvious this team has hit ROCK BOTTTOM. It was true....... no coaches want to coach here. The organization is in shambles. This was not the guy we've been looking for since the firing of DJ. We all know that, DO NOT PUT THE BLINDERS ON FANS....... NOT THIS TIME We fired our entire coaching staff to bring him on... are you kidding me????

Sorry I haven't had my coffee this morning...what does this refer to?

Thanks.

i believe this refers to a man called Marv who was fired from the chiefs in the mid 80's after going 3-6 in the strike, coached in the USFL for a year, then came in mid season to coach an nfl team that was in complete shambles.

so yea... that kinda worked out for us

Excellent read, every donkey on this board should read the article please.

Except for the fact that the author is inaccurate about his Miami years:

"From 2000-2001 Gailey served as the Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator. His first season saw a middle of the road offense that ranked 16th in the NFL. The following season the team improved to the 8th ranked offense. Both seasons the Dolphins posted 11-5 records."

In 2000, the Phins were 26th in yardage, and in 2001, they were 21st in yardage. They did better in points, but it's worth noting that Miami had a dominant defense those years and led the league in INTs in 2000. Presumably, that played a role in the point total.

Granted we could get lucky as hell and Gailey could be the man - I would bet against it though. I think the best case scenario is that we draft well over the next couple years, find a franchise QB and we part ways with Gailey and maybe a good coach wants to come here then...I hope this works out, but I just cannot see it right now...I honestly would rather have Fewell

The only way I wanted Marty was to rebuild the team by getting them in the right direction and then find a coach to put us over the top...

Except for the fact that the author is inaccurate about his Miami years:

"From 2000-2001 Gailey served as the Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator. His first season saw a middle of the road offense that ranked 16th in the NFL. The following season the team improved to the 8th ranked offense. Both seasons the Dolphins posted 11-5 records."

In 2000, the Phins were 26th in yardage, and in 2001, they were 21st in yardage. They did better in points, but it's worth noting that Miami had a dominant defense those years and led the league in INTs in 2000. Presumably, that played a role in the point total.

The author is refering to points scored, not yards. His numbers are accurate.

As for defense, yes, they were very good. 3d in 2000 but slipped to 11th in 2001, so his second year there the offense made improvements and made up for the decline in defense.

I'll be happy to apologize if I did something wrong, but can I ask, what for?

I don't know for sure... but I would certainly like to see him stick around... maybe he is referring to this post of yours in response to an accurate thread he started:

Link: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...amp;pid=1714729

Anyone starting a thread with the words "I heard..." without providing a link or even attribution of any kind should be banned.

coaching is overrated.....you have talent you win......

Mike Shanahan won back to back super bowls in 1997 & 1998......the following year in 1999 denver finished LAST in their own division......did mike get stupid ??....some guy named elway retired, changed the makeup of the team.

Bill Cowher won the super bowl in 2006. the following year pitt finished 3rd in their own division......did bill get stupid ???....some guy named jerome bettis retired, changed the makeup of the team.

I have reason to believe this is your new head coach. I am not completely 100%, but would not post it in this manner if I did not think it was credible. There are no links for this information. I know it will be ugly if I am wrong, but I thought you would want the information.

Could be as soon as tomorrow.

I haven't gone through all pages of text but I think you should take a bow for this post.

:wallbash:

i believe this refers to a man called Marv who was fired from the chiefs in the mid 80's after going 3-6 in the strike, coached in the USFL for a year, then came in mid season to coach an nfl team that was in complete shambles.

so yea... that kinda worked out for us

Ahh, thank you good sir :wallbash:

Plus RW is a racist, sorry to tell you, who hires inferior white guys over good talent african americans. Both Frazier and Fewell are far better candidates for this job than the guy who was not employed this year (not even as an announcer!).

But that guy is whte.

DJ over Marvin Lewis.

Draw your own conclusions.

I am done with the Bills for the short term at least, I need time to recover from this latest hard fist to the gut.

Chan Gailey!!!???????????

That's why Fewell got the interim job and not April, too. Right?

DJ over Marvin Lewis? I think you're off by a couple of coaches there.........And, didn't Marvin Lewis turn us down?!?

I don't know if he specifically turned us down or we just went with Greggggo. But I do recall his agent putting out some garbage about the Buffalo school system not being good enough for Lewis's kids...as if Lewis was going to live in the city.