Brian Billick

Takeo_14

Dungy, TO NY

Sorry Carolina..but um No! Another good try and I like Dungy but he is not the chosen one...Let's think about this..hmmm This person is under contract for this season and has a job to do until it ends! Pretty good hint! There is a deal well actually just a handshake with Mr. Wilson and a verbal agreement at this point. It would be a difficult situation for this future coach if he were to announce his committment to Buffalo now! I don't want to say too much and just give it away...and I'd rather

not blurt it out as it's better to keep the "Cat" in the bag at this point. One thing I can say is that most so-called experts refute the idea of this person coming to the Bills and has been mentioned as a candidate by some people. It is not Brian Billick, Mike Ditka, Marty Shotenheimer, Tony Dungy, Jim Harbaugh who the Bills actually were considering strongly! Hmmm...Well there's at least 5 hints contained in this blog..! Time to pop some popcorn and watch the rest of Balty & Indy

go at it! C-ya later :thumbsup:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Billick interview but I really don't get when people say he's "a proven offensive mind". His only offensive success came when Culpepper and Randy Moss were playing pitch and catch in Minnesota. His offenses in Baltimore were PUTRID. He won his Super Bowl with one of the best defenses in NFL history. Trent Dilfer was the "caretaker" at QB. He and the offense were not the reason for their success.

Though I haven't looked it up, I believe it was Randall Cunningham to Moss - during Moss' rookie season and the year Minnesota went 15-1 in the regular season (only to lose to the Falcons in the playoffs, with Gary Anderson's first missed FG of the year).

And yet, the guy with a Super Bowl Ring and YEARS of HC experience, that is openly lobbying for the job, still hasn't gotten an interview........

While I am not a huge fan of Billick, I just can't understand this at all. Everybody and their mother is turning down the Bills yet the 1 guy who WANTS THE JOB, and may be more than qualified, can't even get a sniff of an interview. I just don't know what to think anymore.

If the Bills don't have a HC by the end of next week, I am sending in my resume. I want the job and I will come cheap! Works for everyone involved!

And yet, the guy with a Super Bowl Ring and YEARS of HC experience, that is openly lobbying for the job, still hasn't gotten an interview........

While I am not a huge fan of Billick, I just can't understand this at all. Everybody and their mother is turning down the Bills yet the 1 guy who WANTS THE JOB, and may be more than qualified, can't even get a sniff of an interview. I just don't know what to think anymore.

If the Bills don't have a HC by the end of next week, I am sending in my resume. I want the job and I will come cheap! Works for everyone involved!

There obviously not interested in Billick ;)

The only real possible answer is that Ralph got PO'd at him for the negative comments he made on the Bills a few weeks ago and subsequently gave instructions to Nix that we would NOT interview him. That's really the only logical thing that I can come up with.

That...or Nix does not think he's worth interviewing.

PTR

I'd take Billick at this point over any of the other remaining candidates (not including Cowher, of course). If he's really interested then he should at least be brought in for an interview. I agree that he was supposedly an offensive genius who won a super bowl on the back of a Newsome-built all-world defense, but what are the alternatives? Herm Edwards might be the worst game coach of all time. Mike Martz would be a disaster. Leslie Frazier is going to continue that awful Tampa 2 defense that only seems to work when you have future HOF'ers on your defensive line and terrific athletic coverage LB's. Jim Mora, Jr. has literally done next to nothing as a head coach (I'm still not sure how he got that Atlanta team to the NFC Championship game against Philly in '04/'05). Grimm appears uninterested, the Shottys have both declined. College coaches rarely do well in the pros. Who is left? I say Billick should at least get an interview.

I'd take Billick at this point over any of the other remaining candidates (not including Cowher, of course). If he's really interested then he should at least be brought in for an interview. I agree that he was supposedly an offensive genius who won a super bowl on the back of a Newsome-built all-world defense, but what are the alternatives? Herm Edwards might be the worst game coach of all time. Mike Martz would be a disaster. Leslie Frazier is going to continue that awful Tampa 2 defense that only seems to work when you have future HOF'ers on your defensive line and terrific athletic coverage LB's. Jim Mora, Jr. has literally done next to nothing as a head coach (I'm still not sure how he got that Atlanta team to the NFC Championship game against Philly in '04/'05). Grimm appears uninterested, the Shottys have both declined. College coaches rarely do well in the pros. Who is left? I say Billick should at least get an interview.

I'd take Billick over everybody including Cowher. "he was supposedly an offensive genius who won a super bowl on the back of a Newsome-built all-world defense". So what? Ozzie wouldn't give him a good QB, but he did give him a good RB in Jammal Lewis. So he won it with D and a strong running game. Sounds pretty smart to me. Better than trying to win with a fancy passing game when you don't have the QB for it. You know, kindof like the Bills have been trying to do the last 4 years. Besides, we're going to hire an OC too. That's his job.

I don't want a coach next year assembling his first staff, running his first off season conditioning program, first mini camps, first training camp, first preseason, first regular season, first game going head to head with Bill Bellyache. I want someone whose done it all and done it well.

Imagine the first day of practice, Leslie Frazier says "hey men. I'm going to be a great coach someday so please follow me." Brian Biillick says"hey men. I want to win the SB again. Here's what we need to do ..." Everyone immediatley jumps on board because he's done it before.

I'd take Billick over everybody including Cowher. "he was supposedly an offensive genius who won a super bowl on the back of a Newsome-built all-world defense". So what? Ozzie wouldn't give him a good QB, but he did give him a good RB in Jammal Lewis. So he won it with D and a strong running game. Sounds pretty smart to me. Better than trying to win with a fancy passing game when you don't have the QB for it. You know, kindof like the Bills have been trying to do the last 4 years. Besides, we're going to hire an OC too. That's his job.

I don't want a coach next year assembling his first staff, running his first off season conditioning program, first mini camps, first training camp, first preseason, first regular season, first game going head to head with Bill Bellyache. I want someone whose done it all and done it well.

Imagine the first day of practice, Leslie Frazier says "hey men. I'm going to be a great coach someday so please follow me." Brian Biillick says"hey men. I want to win the SB again. Here's what we need to do ..." Everyone immediatley jumps on board because he's done it before.

Bullspit! This idiot drafted Kyle Boller when Newsome told him it was a bad idea. Newsome gave him one call and he chose BOLLER. And Lewis had a great season in Baltimore.

Billick and his Buffalo-bashing ways can kiss my @ss.

Bullspit! This idiot drafted Kyle Boller when Newsome told him it was a bad idea. Newsome gave him one call and he chose BOLLER. And Lewis had a great season in Baltimore.

Great, let's lose with a guy that never said anything bad about Buffalo. I don't think DJ ever said anything bad about Buffalo. Billick was an entertainer when he said that. Big freakin' deal. Get over it. I just hope this is not the decision making going on in the inner circle.

No argument there.

Do you have proof of any of this?

That...or Nix does not think he's worth interviewing.

PTR

That's what I think. I've said it in another Billick thread.

Nix is not going to hire anyone from a "West Coast Offensive" coaching tree.

That's Billick's coaching pedigree.

In addition to that do you remember what his comments were when the Ravens signed Willis?

"Who'd he have in Buffalo looking out for him?"

I think that and his recent pronouncements iced any interest - no matter how small - that Nix and Ralph might have had in him.

The only real possible answer is that Ralph got PO'd at him for the negative comments he made on the Bills a few weeks ago and subsequently gave instructions to Nix that we would NOT interview him. That's really the only logical thing that I can come up with.

His performance on the Match Game was so bad they decided he must be an idiot...

The look on Billick's face when Richard Dawson said:

"Failed at Football...check...

Failed at Game Shows... check.."

was priceless!

Could TONYJUSTBCUZ be referring to ex-Stanford OC and ex-NY Giants HC, Jim Fassel? Fassel has worked with Elway at Stanford, Simms, Esiason, Hoestetler, and practically resurrected Kerry Collins' career. I'm not suggesting that Fassel will be the savior of Edwards or Fitz, but if we're looking for a coach with HC experience who is offensively minded and is good at developing quarterbacks, he's a logical target. He's even had Super Bowl experience, although no ring. Since Wilson seems to be hiring people closer to his own age recently, Fassel is 60. Not quite as old as Nix, but closer than Frazier.

His performance on the Match Game was so bad they decided he must be an idiot...

Dead on. It's also funny that the year after he leaves, Newsome and the recently prompted STs coordinator (Harbaugh) draft Flacco. It's also worth notign that with all the job openings around the past 2 years, not one team has contact Billick. He owes Newsome and Lewis big time for that ring.