Vince Wilfork

XTC

Anybody else heard that as a kid, Wilfork loved the Kelly era Bills teams? The reason I bring this up is because he could be available next season if the Patriots don't tag him first. Any takers?

I think a team in the AFC East will have a good shot at landing Wilfork and Seymour. I think both men will want a shot at New England and Brady twice a year. Will it be Buffalo? If the coach search is an indication, no.

Anybody else heard that as a kid, Wilfork loved the Kelly era Bills teams? The reason I bring this up is because he could be available next season if the Patriots don't tag him first. Any takers?

If Wilfork becomes an UFA, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that his enjoyment of a team from almost 20 years ago isn't going to play much of a factor in his decision.

Because Trent's been such a rock?

No

But Trent's craptastic performance has been superior to JP's god awful performance.

And by proving that a 3rd rounder's craptastics performance was better than the 1st round second coming of Jim Kelly's performance, it allowed the Bills to move on instead of offering a big contract to keep JP

it's a lock he gets franchise tagged. thats why N.E. traded seymour.......they couldn't do both. the tag number for DT's is very reasonable at only $6 mil. he has already said he wants a long term deal. no way one gets done before NE has to tag him.

A 3-4 NT in Leslie Frazier's C2? Why not? Smithers needs to start worrying about selling tickets for the 2010 season soon.

I think Wilfork would be successful in any type of defense and he would be a massive upgrade over anything we have right now. I think Seymour is a more realistic possibility for us though considering the price tag that will be out there for Wilfork in the open market.

Wilfork is an interesting situation. He grew up in South Florida, but was a fan of both the Cowboys and Bills. He hates the Dolphins with a passion, even did as a youngster. I listen to sports radio down here every day - and just a couple days ago they said a likely scenario was him actually signing with the Dolphins because his wife wants to move back to Miami. With the Phins running a 3-4 and Jason Ferguson being injured and old, it's a real possibility.

I'm sorry, but I have some form of self-respect. I'm of the mentality that if winning a superbowl meant having Bellichek and Brady on our team, then no thank you.

Wilfork is a dirty player and I would want nothing to do with him, even at the veteran minimum.

I'm sorry, but I have some form of self-respect. I'm of the mentality that if winning a superbowl meant having Bellichek and Brady on our team, then no thank you.

Wilfork is a dirty player and I would want nothing to do with him, even at the veteran minimum.

ditto...there's a reason the Bills didn't draft him...he's a cheap shot artist...I kinda wished he had played when we faced them here...Richie could've paid him back for all the crap he's pulled on the Bills in the past

No

But Trent's craptastic performance has been superior to JP's god awful performance.

And by proving that a 3rd rounder's craptastics performance was better than the 1st round second coming of Jim Kelly's performance, it allowed the Bills to move on instead of offering a big contract to keep JP

Just not true.

JP in 2006 was our best year at QB since Bledsoe. By far.

it's a lock he gets franchise tagged. thats why N.E. traded seymour.......they couldn't do both. the tag number for DT's is very reasonable at only $6 mil. he has already said he wants a long term deal. no way one gets done before NE has to tag him.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

I suspect they'll re-sign him and won't even have to tag him. They got rid of Seymour exactly so they'd have the money for Wilfork.