Name your favorite sports team besides the Bills/Sabres.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on how many cups of coffee I have in the morning, they come and go my friend!

+1. Pitchers hitting is never a good idea. This needs to be recognized once and for all so guys like Brad Penny can stop masquerading as quality pitchers in that league.

I disagree. NL baseball requires more thought, planning and strategies. Don't get me wrong I'm more of an AL fan but just wanted to point that out.

I disagree. NL baseball requires more thought, planning and strategies. Don't get me wrong I'm more of an AL fan but just wanted to point that out.

I think that's a good point for sure. Definitely calls for more strategy, particularly in the later innings. I just don't like there being an almost automatic out (many times in crucial situations) in the lineup for the first 6+ innings if the starting pitcher is pitching a decent game.

I think that's a good point for sure. Definitely calls for more strategy, particularly in the later innings. I just don't like there being an almost automatic out (many times in crucial situations) in the lineup for the first 6+ innings if the starting pitcher is pitching a decent game.

But it calls for more thought in the lineup. Who bats 8th ahead of the pitcher, who do you have leading off who of course will follow the pitcher in later innings. What's the 8th batter's OBP and if it's high can your pitcher bunt, and if he can't, why not. Many pitchers these days are not automatic outs and some work hard on their batting. I've just this past year spent a lot of time watching NL baseball and I'm beginning to like it.

Michigan Wolverines: The honeymoon is over Rodriguez. I want a national title next year!

San Jose Sharks: The Stanley Cup is ours this season. :devil:

San Francisco Giants: We got the pitching, now we need the hitting.

They've been addressing the hitting this offseason.

St. Bonaventure Bonnies

Philadelphia Phillies

To a lesser extent, Syracuse Orange

Rule: You have to have lived there for at least 2 years to be a fan.*

*Going to the Bobcats game on Monday. 3 more months here and I'll qualify.

Yankees fans not from NYC/Tri-state area are poseurs. It's like rooting for the dealer in blackjack. /Science

I grew up a yankee fan in syracuse and didn't step foot in nyc until i was in college. my dad was a lifelong yankee fan who grew up in south buffalo in the yankee hey days...40's-60's...syracuse was the yankee farm team for my formative years, so i am far from a poseur.....

Yankees fans not from NYC/Tri-state area are poseurs. It's like rooting for the dealer in blackjack. /Science

I was a big fan of them in the 70's too. Loved the long hair, handlebar moustaches and white cleats.

The "mustache gang" they were called. Remember the team mascot? A donkey named Charlie O. And the dixieland jazz band that used to roam around the stadium? Great memories. I attended a World Series game in '73 when they played the Mets. I still have an autographed team ball I bought at that game.

I was a big fan of them in the 70's too. Loved the long hair, handlebar moustaches and white cleats.

classic..-best unis..was good to be an oakland fan in the 70s(even GS warriors)

i attended an As doubleheader--Tiger stadium '68. Reggies rookie year.Bert Campaneris of all people hit 2 HRs.

St. Bonaventure Bonnies

Philadelphia Phillies

To a lesser extent, Syracuse Orange

Rule: You have to have lived there for at least 2 years to be a fan.*

*Going to the Bobcats game on Monday. 3 more months here and I'll qualify.

man i used to be a huge Bonnies fan back in the days