Jay Glazer has a ton of "buff news" on coach

Yeah, but who is the DC. With Frazier that's as big a question I hate the Tampa 2 with a passion and it needs to go. If Frazier's keeping that then he can't come here regardless of his OC. We don't play in Tampa Bay, we don't play inside, we don't score 30 pts per game. It's cold here, it's windy here, we play against teams that run the ball and against QBs like Brady who tend not to make unforced errors. That scheme sucks for our situation.

It's not the scheme it's the players. Minnesota is doing pretty good with it, but they use bigger players than we do. Tampa Bay ran it to perfection several years ago. Of course they had Sapp and Brooks etc.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Callahan, are you joking?

No I'm not. Why wouldn't Callahan be worth considering? Give me one (or more) good reason. He's available because he's an assistant for the Jets I think it is. He did take the Raidaahs to the Super Bowl. He didn't pan out at Nebraska, but so what? That's college football, it's different.

If we don't get Cowher and won't take Billick (big mistake) then we gotta get somebody. I just hate the though of yet another assitant getting his first HC job in Buffalo. Here's my list (in order)

Dan Reeves

Marty Schottenheimer

Brian Billick

Bill Cowher

Jon Gruden

Jim Fassel

Dennis Green (at least the post game pressers would be fun!)

Mike Martz

Bill Callahan

the Mooch

Jim Harbaugh

Ted Cottrell

Mike Leach

Brain Schottenheimer

Ron Rivera

I don't care if he's offensive minded or defensive minded, we're not hiriing a OC or DC yet. Just a good HC.

I have come to the conclusion that no matter who they hire I'm going to be disappointed.

I really really want Cowher but I'd be OK with Jim Harbaugh or MARTY Schottenheimer, or even Jason Garrett if we needed to hire a coordinator.

Frazier would send me over the edge, the lesser Schottenheimer is <meh>, I loathe Billick.

I guess my problem with Schottenjunior is that I don't know enough about him to know who he'd have as asst coaches or what his defensive philosophy will be. The longer this goes on the more I fear that we're going to end up with someone we don't want.

I would bet he would bring in his uncle Kurt, who was most recently with Green Bay as D.C.

I would also be willing to bet...his O.C. would either be Bill Callahan, Matt Cavanaugh, Henry Ellard or Anthony Lynn.

All seem to be deserving of an oppportunity, given what they have done with New York's offense this year. Also, with the track record they have of producing good rb's, qb's and wr's...they might be worth a shot if B. Schotty comes in.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches

Cowher 1st

Ok, the rest...

Marty Schottenheimer... too old, he'd last a couple years at best

Brian Schottenheimer... no

John Fox... I think he needs a break from coaching

Perry Fewell.. no

Lester Frazier... being talked up a lot, for some reason I see Gregg Williams Part II, not sure why.

Brian Billick... maybe

Mike Zimmer... not really, career-coordinator

Jim Harbaugh... perhaps

Ted Cottrell... no

Jason Garrett... somewhat intriguing

Mike Nolan... nope

Jack Del Rio... needs a break from coaching like Fox

Jim Mora Jr. ... hell no

Jim Haslett... worse than Jim Mora Jr.

Mike Martz... offensive coordinator perhaps, not head coach

Tony Dungy... yes

Sean McDermott... nope

Steve Mariucci... eh possibly

John Gruden... no, wants to stay at MNF anyway.

Dan Reeves... been away a bit too long, oldster, see Schottenheimer.

Jim Fassel... no, go back to coaching JP Losman.

Dennis Green... hotheaded meathead.

Bill Callahan... no

Mike Leach... as long as he throws Trent Edwards into a Port-a-Potty

Ron Rivera...darkhorse candidate.

No I'm not. Why wouldn't Callahan be worth considering? Give me one (or more) good reason. He's available because he's an assistant for the Jets I think it is. He did take the Raidaahs to the Super Bowl. He didn't pan out at Nebraska, but so what? That's college football, it's different.

If we don't get Cowher and won't take Billick (big mistake) then we gotta get somebody. I just hate the though of yet another assitant getting his first HC job in Buffalo. Here's my list (in order)

Dan Reeves

Marty Schottenheimer

Brian Billick

Bill Cowher

Jon Gruden

Jim Fassel

Dennis Green (at least the post game pressers would be fun!)

Mike Martz

Bill Callahan

the Mooch

Jim Harbaugh

Ted Cottrell

Mike Leach

Brain Schottenheimer

Ron Rivera

I don't care if he's offensive minded or defensive minded, we're not hiriing a OC or DC yet. Just a good HC.

Well I am happy your name is not Buddy Nix. Fassel? Mooch? Cottrell? Leach? And Rivera below all of them?

The first three are career losers, then a college guy.

Why not make Haslett your first choice?

Well I am happy your name is not Buddy Nix. Fassel? Mooch? Cottrell? Leach? And Rivera below all of them?

The first three are career losers, then a college guy.

Why not make Haslett your first choice?

the Mooch is 72-67 3-4 playoffs lifetime

Jim Fassell is 58-53-1 and 2-3 playoffs lifetime

Ted Cottrell is 0-6 lifetime with UFL

I want no part of Haslett because he IS a career loser, unlike the Mocch and Jim Fassell. What is Rivera's lifetime record? May be a good HC maybe not. At this point I don't want to take the chance. What's the matter with getting a HC who has won and won playoff games before with other teams? I don't get it. I put Leach ahead of Rivera because I at least want an experienced winning Head Coach. It's a different skill set than an assistant coach.

the Mooch is 72-67 3-4 playoffs lifetime

Jim Fassell is 58-53-1 and 2-3 playoffs lifetime

Ted Cottrell is 0-6 lifetime with UFL

I want no part of Haslett because he IS a career loser, unlike the Mocch and Jim Fassell. What is Rivera's lifetime record? May be a good HC maybe not. At this point I don't want to take the chance. What's the matter with getting a HC who has won and won playoff games before with other teams? I don't get it. I put Leach ahead of Rivera because I at least want an experienced winning Head Coach. It's a different skill set than an assistant coach.

I am surprised by those lifetime totals somehow I still feel like Fassel and Mooch, are loser head coaches.

Go figure.

He's only 65. Did you know that he's been in more Super Bowls as a player and coach than anyone else in NFL history (9)? He knows a thing or two about what it take to get a team to the Super Bowl. 190-165 11-9 playoffs lifetime. He interviewed with the 49ers last year for OC job, so it sounds like he's still interested in coaching. If I'm Buddy Nix, I get him on the horn.

Experienced coachin choices are few and far between? My gosh there a ton of experienced coaches out there. I'd take any of these guys over an inexperienced own: Dan Reeves, Marty S, Brian Billick, Mike Martz, Dennis Green, Fim Fassel, Bill Cowher, the Mooch, Jonn Gruden, Bill Callahan, maybe John Fox, maybe Jack Del Rio. I'd even shotgun out contracts to all these guys and take the first one that comes in over any inexperienced co ordinator. We've rolled the dice the last 3 times. Let's pick someone who has had success in the NFL this time. They're out there.

You want experienced or successful? Callahan, Martz...??

Cowher 1st

Ok, the rest...

Perry Fewell.. no

Lester Frazier... being talked up a lot, for some reason I see Gregg Williams Part II, not sure why.

Brian Billick... maybe

Jim Harbaugh... perhaps

Ted Cottrell... no

Mike Nolan... nope

Jim Mora Jr. ... hell no

Tony Dungy... yes

Sean McDermott... nope

Bill Callahan... no

Ralph to Buddy: I don't know any of these guys, do you? Wouldn't it be simpler and less expensive to hire from within? :flirt: Who do we have left on the staff?

Experienced coachin choices are few and far between? My gosh there a ton of experienced coaches out there. I'd take any of these guys over an inexperienced own: Dan Reeves, Marty S, Brian Billick, Mike Martz, Dennis Green, Fim Fassel, Bill Cowher, the Mooch, Jonn Gruden, Bill Callahan, maybe John Fox, maybe Jack Del Rio. I'd even shotgun out contracts to all these guys and take the first one that comes in over any inexperienced co ordinator. We've rolled the dice the last 3 times. Let's pick someone who has had success in the NFL this time. They're out there.

It is becoming clear that for some reason Billick is a non starter with someone/everyone at headquaters . I hope one day the story comes out as why he didn't even rate and interview.

He's only 65. Did you know that he's been in more Super Bowls as a player and coach than anyone else in NFL history (9)? He knows a thing or two about what it take to get a team to the Super Bowl. 190-165 11-9 playoffs lifetime. He interviewed with the 49ers last year for OC job, so it sounds like he's still interested in coaching. If I'm Buddy Nix, I get him on the horn.

Looks like you're thinking like Ralph does...."Let's go find a coach who was good in the 80s & 90s because I remember those days."

I think what this team needs is a younger, yet experienced, coach. Jauron failed in part because he didn't relate well to most of the young roster. He was an old-school type of coach that didn't connect with the younger players on the roster - and most of this roster is young.

I always liked Dan Reeves, but his time has passed. We don't need to keep going back to guys who were good a while ago or guys who are contemporaries of the current front office.

Looks like you're thinking like Ralph does...."Let's go find a coach who was good in the 80s & 90s because I remember those days."

I think what this team needs is a younger, yet experienced, coach. Jauron failed in part because he didn't relate well to most of the young roster. He was an old-school type of coach that didn't connect with the younger players on the roster - and most of this roster is young. I always liked Dan Reeves, but his time has passed. We don't need to keep going back to guys who were good a while ago or guys who are contemporaries of the current front office.

No he failed because he is a miserably poor coach.

I think what this team needs is a younger, yet experienced, coach. Jauron failed in part because he didn't relate well to most of the young roster. He was an old-school type of coach that didn't connect with the younger players on the roster - and most of this roster is young.

I always liked Dan Reeves, but his time has passed. We don't need to keep going back to guys who were good a while ago or guys who are contemporaries of the current front office.

Jauron did not relate well to the young guys? Are you kidding?

Did you miss where Trent Edwards declared Jauron the best NFL head coach he has ever had?

For over 3 years, all we heard about was how the players loved Jauron.

Jauron loved younger inexperienced players because they were more willing to buy into his crappy schemes, and believe his BS.

He failed because he was a lousy coach.

Cowher 1st

Ok, the rest...

Perry Fewell.. no

Brian Billick... maybe

Jim Harbaugh... perhaps

Ted Cottrell... no

Mike Nolan... nope

Jim Mora Jr. ... hell no

Tony Dungy... yes

Sean McDermott... nope

Bill Callahan... no

I find it funny how people can make snap judgements about these guys without really know anything about them at all. Remember that Bill Belichick was a career loser until Tom Brady came out of nowhere and led the Pats to their success.

Without Brady, Belichick sucked. Without a QB our next coach and every coach after that will suck.

Does everyone forget that Jauron was hired because he had prior head coaching experience? Bill Callahan, are you joking?

I keep seeing people throwing out Callahan's name too. WTF??!!! Did anyone not watch this guy completely embarass himself in Oakland and Nebraska? If we were to hire Callahan, we will pine for the days of Dick Jauron.

Did you miss where Trent Edwards declared Jauron the best NFL head coach he has ever had?

I did miss that, but when you think it through it's not really a ringing endorsement is it?

Settle in for the long haul folks. The Bills will be without a coach until after the SB.

My Top 10 just for the heck of it:

Bill Cowher

Jim Harbaugh

Marty Schottenheimer

Brian Scottenheimer

John Fox

Brian Billick

Jim Haslett

Mike Martz

Ron Rivera

Russ Grimm

Caught a report on what Ralph Wilson's Top 10 candidates list looks like: