Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my take on Joe Logan's source......it's Jim Kelly. Kelly is so frustrated with the bills last ten years of futility, that he is willing to risk feeding this Joe Logan info , in order to get cowher the job. the ends justifies the means. i think kelly is the only one willing to stand up to the potential rath of ralph when the "leaker" is found out. in the unlikely event it's an employee, other than russ brandon, that employee can kiss their job goodbye.

WTF does Cowher mean by commitment to paying for players? Granted Cash to cap needs to be scrapped, but overall we are near the cap each year. Our problem has been giving huge contracts to guys that aren't worth them

I think it means he wants to know he'll have the backing and resources to get the players HE wants to go after. Why would he want to come in here if Ralph is going to say no to the guys that he wants to bring in?

WTF does Cowher mean by commitment to paying for players? Granted Cash to cap needs to be scrapped, but overall we are near the cap each year. Our problem has been giving huge contracts to guys that aren't worth them

We have overpaid for 2nd tier free agents the past few years. Historically we are short of our cap and let good players go because we dont want to pay them... Peters, Winfield, and Williams are just a few examples.

Cowher needs to get a commitment in writing that the Bills are willing to pay for players and coaches or else this just could be another Marketing move and not a true commitement to winning. Like it or not we are fightting against Ralphs reputation in the league.

here's my take on Joe Logan's source......it's Jim Kelly. Kelly is so frustrated with the bills last ten years of futility, that he is willing to risk feeding this Joe Logan info , in order to get cowher the job. the ends justifies the means. i think kelly is the only one willing to stand up to the potential rath of ralph when the "leaker" is found out. in the unlikely event it's an employee, other than russ brandon, that employee can kiss their job goodbye.

It certainly sounds as if it could be Kelly -

http://twitter.com/LoganInEA

It`s Cowards WIFE who wears the pants in that family. She wanted out of Pittsburgh. Hated the weather. So you think she`s coming to Buffalo. Weather and the girls being in school in North Carolina. Sitting there toasty warm in North Carolina or Freezing watching snowplows in western new york. Not much of a choice. And the money thing probably doesn`t matter much to her. I`d say she has enough to be a pro- shopper. The billboard sign should be for her not Bill. :thumbsup:

None of the girls are in school in NC. The oldest already graduated from Princeton, the middle one graduates from there this year, and the youngest is a freshman at Wofford in South Carolina.

Thinking further on a passage from jw's article tonight. Follow me here:

"Declining to place a timetable on the search, Wilson said 'we don't want to rush into hiring a coach just to be hiring somebody quick.' He then added: 'We don't want to hire a coach with a splashy name.'"

Crazy theory maybe, but it fits Ralph's supposed burning commitment to winning, Cowher's desire to coach this year but yet to find the best possible situation, Cowher's continued lack of a clear response back to the Bills, and Ralph's attempt to buy time with today's interview.

Flame away, all.

Sorry, I don't feel like going through the entire thread to see if a similar opinion has already been posted, but I think this article with RW's quotes simply means he's getting a little tired of Cowher's lack of enthusiasm/committment to the opportunity. Casts a lot of doubt in my mind that Cowher ends up here.

JMHO.

"Bill Cowher is “nearly a lock” to coach in the NFL again in 2010. But Bills fans shouldn’t get excited quite yet. Just because the Buffalo is the only team with a help wanted sign hanging on their head coaching door, it doesn’t automatically equate to Cowher roaming the sidelines in Orchard Park next season."

This is just funny...

"But in all due respect to Mr. Wilson, at 91-years old he’s not as sharp articulating a point as he used to be and I was told by someone knowledgeable to not much into the wording of the statement."

A source I spoke with this morning told me that Bill Cowher is “nearly a lock” to coach in the NFL again in 2010. It doesn’t automatically equate to Cowher roaming the sidelines in Orchard Park next season.

“All my Cowher sources say no way”. The same source said, but also admitted there’s so much conflicting information out there they could be wrong.

so Moran's sources have sources, who themselves have sources, that also have sources.

please!

until a direct named source comes out and makes a comment, and from what i can tell one has(jim kelly as source of logan), the rest of this he said/she said crap needs to stop.

so Moran's sources have sources, who themselves have sources, that also have sources.

please!

until a direct named source comes out and makes a comment, and from what i can tell one has(jim kelly as source of logan), the rest of this he said/she said crap needs to stop.

You left out that his sources source, gave an infatic answer but that same source admits he could be wrong.

Guest dog14787
maybe Cowher saving his interest in bills job for the CBS pre-game show tommorrow......should be interesting.

the season is over, he can lift his self imposed gag order.

Should be interesting...I agree...