Leslie Frazer?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

par for the course with this organization ...tried a defensive minded coach for the last forever and failed so ,another one???????????????? FAIL "GOT OFFENSE" ? not Buffalo..... :lol:

I suppose he's a solid pick if they want someone to maintain the status quo. We can keep the cover 2 and bring in this year's version of Steve Fairchild or Turk Schonert to coach the offense. I wonder what the result of that'll be?

This front office needs to realize something: yeah, the run D sucked a** this year, but it has primarily been the inept offense that's been killing them for a decade. They'd better be damn sure that this new head coach can turn their offense around, either himself or by hiring top assistants who can, or they'll be looking at yet another coaching change two or three years from now.

I like Frazer but I don't want his system in Buffalo and We need an offensive minded coach with a good defensive coordinator

What's wrong with a defensive-minded coach and a good offensive coordinator? Isn't that what the Pats* have?

I do believe that only one coach who is employed by a playoff team can be interviewed during the entire postseason...meaning this would virtually eliminate Russ Grimm, Sean McDermott and Ron Rivera.

One coach per team. They can interview the rest if they have time this week.

PTR

I do believe that only one coach who is employed by a playoff team can be interviewed during the entire postseason...meaning this would virtually eliminate Russ Grimm, Sean McDermott and Ron Rivera.

It would eliminate Brain Schottenheimer as well.

Hmm. we should research this to see if that's the case.

For the record, both Glazer and PFT were an hour behind TSW on this one. So there.

This doesn't make any sense. Frazer is a Tampa 2 guy and Nix is on record as saying small and fast doesn't work here.

If the Bills hire another flunky coordinator I'm done. I'm not putting myself through another 3 years of failure and misery till we "clean house" again.

Do Jared Allen and the Williams Wall suggest small/fast?

What's wrong with a defensive-minded coach and a good offensive coordinator? Isn't that what the Pats* have?

Based on what I've seen over the last decade plus, I have even less confidence in their ability to hire competent coordinators than I do in their ability to hire a competent head coach.

This doesn't make any sense. Frazer is a Tampa 2 guy and Nix is on record as saying small and fast doesn't work here.

If the Bills hire another flunky coordinator I'm done. I'm not putting myself through another 3 years of failure and misery till we "clean house" again.

So what you're saying if we don't get Cowher then the team has to hire some retread that no other team wanted just to make you happy? Billick has a Super Bowl ring - but he can thank Marvin Lewis and Ray Lewis for that. His offenses sucked arse and it took a rookie HC in Harbaugh to finally get that team a passable offense.

Other than that, who do you want? Joe Gibbs? Dick Vermeil?

Frazier isn't a "flunky coordinator". He's the coordinator of the best defense in the NFL - Tampa 2 or not. The best teams in the league right now have "flunky coordinators" as head coaches. Just because Ralphie boy whiffed on his picks doesn't mean Buddy Nix will too.

Some people need to get over the perception that we need a former head coach to be successful. Dick Jauron was a former head coach with oodles of experience. And he sucked arse.

My only problem with this hire, if we hire him, is that in spite of Brad Childress being there as an offensive guru, their QBs sucked until Favre fell into their laps.

C

How does this affect Frazier. I'm pretty sure he has less than nothing to do with the Vikings QB's. Unless he has to tell Pat Williams " You spit Farve out right now" during practise. :lol:

For the record, both Glazer and PFT were an hour behind TSW on this one. So there.

Do Jared Allen and the Williams Wall suggest small/fast?

True, Pat Williams is many things, fast is not one of them.

Perhaps you're right Lori, I just have visions (aka nightmares) of another Greg Williams experiment.

If they also go on to interview Rivera that will be like the Triple Lindy, er Rooney...assuming Rivera, as a Puerto Rican- American, also is considered a minority candidate by the Rooney rule Gods. That would have to be some kind of record?

Based on what I've seen over the last decade plus, I have even less confidence in their ability to hire competent coordinators than I do in their ability to hire a competent head coach.

I agree but that wasn't the point.

Nothing at all.

The last time our offense was good was 2002...Greg Williams. Then we tanked and hired offensive minded Mike Mularkey...Then we hired DJ and both sides of the ball sucked. I don't want a coach that's necessarily offensive or defensive. I want a coach that will surround himself with other great coaches on both sides of the ball and....WIN. Maybe this guy is it maybe not but I'm not going to dismiss anyone because of what side of the ball they're on.

I suppose he's a solid pick if they want someone to maintain the status quo. We can keep the cover 2 and bring in this year's version of Steve Fairchild or Turk Schonert to coach the offense. I wonder what the result of that'll be?

This front office needs to realize something: yeah, the run D sucked a** this year, but it has primarily been the inept offense that's been killing them for a decade. They'd better be damn sure that this new head coach can turn their offense around, either himself or by hiring top assistants who can, or they'll be looking for yet another coaching change two or three years from now.

agreed :lol:

Horrible choice! He has a loaded D, both Williams, Jared Allen, Henderson, Winfield. Dick Jauron would do well with these players.

That D is loaded with talent. We do not need another Head Coach that has no experience to go with our GM that has no experience. Terrible, I would be very disappointed if this comes to fruition.