Leslie Frazer?

Nothing at all.

The last time our offense was good was 2002...Greg Williams. Then we tanked and hired offensive minded Mike Mularkey...Then we hired DJ and both sides of the ball sucked. I don't want a coach that's necessarily offensive or defensive. I want a coach that will surround himself with other great coaches on both sides of the ball and....WIN. Maybe this guy is it maybe not but I'm not going to dismiss anyone because of what side of the ball they're on.

Agreed.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills failed in their last three hires: one DC, one OC, and one experienced head coach. None of those strategies is the magic bullet to anything - you go interview until you find out who's going to be the best leader of a team. Frazier has been reported to be one of the best coordinators in the league, and the most HC-ready. Vikings fans don't want to lose him.

It's not as simple as deciding on an offensive or defensive guy, then picking your favorite scheme, then hire some dude who runs it. You actually have to go figure out who are good at their jobs.

The Bills failed in their last three hires: one DC, one OC, and one experienced head coach. None of those strategies is the magic bullet to anything - you go interview until you find out who's going to be the best leader of a team. Frazier has been reported to be one of the best coordinators in the league, and the most HC-ready. Vikings fans don't want to lose him.

It's not as simple as deciding on an offensive or defensive guy, then picking your favorite scheme, then hire some dude who runs it. You actually have to go figure out who are good at their jobs.

:lol:

It's not as simple as deciding on an offensive or defensive guy, then picking your favorite scheme, then hire some dude who runs it.

Of course not. You need to find out among all the possible candidates which one is most thankful for the opportunity, will accept the least amount of money, and then hire them after being "blown away" in the interview.

Not only a defensive minded one, but a former DB with a love affair of the Cover 2.

Now I'll take Frazier over the Gilbrides, Treastmans and Hasletts of the world...but he's still pretty low on my wish list compared to the other rumored names.

OH GOD!!!!!!!!!! I did not know this! SAY NO TO THIS GIMP

No more fat guys!!

Oh sorry, wrong year.

Yeah, fat guys!!

As I recall, there were people here who weren't exactly enthralled with the prospect of letting Mount Washington waddle out of town (and to Chicago, where he promptly anchored a Dick Jauron defense to a 13-3 record).

Of course, there were also those who claimed he was done, just like Pat W. a couple of years after that ...

Bills fans are !@#$ing morons. They focus on ONE THING with a player or coach and can NEVER can get past it.

Lemme run the list...

swizzle sticks

height

headbands

headsets

passing on third and short

cover 2

not showing emotion

not being from buffalo

What other stupid, nonsensical things that mean absolutely NOTHING have Bills fans passed as legitimate criteria for why a player or coach has to be fired..or in this case...not hired?

As I recall, there were people here who weren't exactly enthralled with the prospect of letting Mount Washington waddle out of town (and to Chicago, where he promptly anchored a Dick Jauron defense to a 13-3 record).

Of course, there were also those who claimed he was done, just like Pat W. a couple of years after that ...

It was a different decade back then. The Bills were going to become leaner and quicker to get to the ball. It was all the rage in 2000. The kids loved it. Kind of like red M&M back in the day.

THIS.