PER KFFL: Jauron Favorite For Giants DC Job

KentHull

Giants | Jauron a favorite for coordinator job?

Comment (0) Tweet me!

Mon, 04 Jan 2010 15:48:38 -0800

Ralph Vacchiano, of the New York Daily News, reports former NFL head coach Dick Jauron figures to be a favorite for the vacant New York Giants defensive coordinator job. Nothing is going on with the situation at this time but that could change soon.

Link

Jauron would probably be a very good DC under a Coughlin-type personality. Even a baby can do one or two things well.

Yes, babies are born with the instinct to suck, and they are great at crapping in their pants.

DJ's always been a solid DC.

I can see this panning out, given DJ's prior relationship with Coughlin.

Oh, and that would mean that the Giants have on their staff both Jauron and Gilbride!!

your right. I forgot about Gilbride. The Giants would be doomed! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and that would mean that the Giants have on their staff both Jauron and Gilbride!!

So you're saying Jauron won't put together a craptastic Tampa 2 scheme in NY?

And he'll put together the attacking type D they're known for?

Really?!?!?!?

According to a source I have:

Jauron has every intention of coaching again next year. He told my source that his agents are actively seeking a position for him. This isn't exactly news, or even inside info, but this is the only place in the world where someone might be interested in knowing such a thing...

I don't have a link, because it was communicated to me verbally...

You guys can laugh, but Jauron is a good, fundamentally sound defensive coach who teaches well and is good at utilizing the talent he has at hand. He's not a good head coach, but that's a completely different story. Oh, and by the way, Gilbride has had some success in NY. The offense is hardly the reason for their collapse this year ...

This is the same brain trust that said that Mularkey would never be hired by another team for any position.

Am glad someone remembered that Gilbride has had a good ride in NY, as did Henning in Miami. Last I checked Greggo has done well being a DC.

But don't you worry, just because a guy didn't work out in Buffalo that means that he's a total headcase who'll be scrounging for pennies tomorrow.

Too bad the real world doesn't work that way.

DJ will have a nice job very soon, and hopefully Ralph's saving on that deal will go towards a real head coach.

This is the same brain trust that said that Mularkey would never be hired by another team for any position.

Am glad someone remembered that Gilbride has had a good ride in NY, as did Henning in Miami. Last I checked Greggo has done well being a DC.

But don't you worry, just because a guy didn't work out in Buffalo that means that he's a total headcase who'll be scrounging for pennies tomorrow.

DJ will have a nice job very soon, and hopefully Ralph's saving on that deal will go towards a real head coach.

Being a good head coach takes a special kind of talent. I think Mularkey, Gilbirde, Henning, Williams, Jauron, etc. are good coordinators, but not head coaching material.

Good lord! Does anyone watch tape?

This is a guy who has been awful everywhere, and yet, like Jason, keeps reviving himself. It's not like he doesn't have an underwhelming body of work to draw conclusions from. I just don't get it.

Good for Jauron. At least his miserable performance with the Bills didn't keep him from getting another job. Not a bad guy, so I'm happy for him

I love how bitter some of you sound. Jauron didn't get the job done as a head coach but he is a great guy with a good reptuation around the NFL. He built one of the best secondaries in the NFL, and considering it is a passing league now, this is very important. If you pair this with the Giants d-line, this could very easily be a dominant unit next year.

Let's keep laughing at old coaches while they go to the playoffs and have success with other teams. That will show them. :lol:

Well said.

You guys can laugh, but Jauron is a good, fundamentally sound defensive coach who teaches well and is good at utilizing the talent he has at hand. He's not a good head coach, but that's a completely different story. Oh, and by the way, Gilbride has had some success in NY. The offense is hardly the reason for their collapse this year ...

If Jauron has someone keeping his worst inclinations in check (like Coughlin), he can be a good coordinator. If told, "You're going to run this kind of D, and these guys are going to be your players," he'll probably be a lot more successful. When he has the reins of roster management, though, look out for some serious DB homo-eroticism.

Also, the Giants struggles in games I saw this season seemed to be pass D... along with getting guys back from injury, DL and LB won't be their problem so much as CB and S. DJ can develop a secondary, if nothing else.

Firing Jauron during the season was another brilliant move by Brandon.

Unloading Jauron midseason put Jauron out on the market before the end of the season and put him in the conversation mix for defensive coordinators.

If he was to get hired by another team, the Bills wouldn't have to eat his entire Bills contract, merely some amount over and above his new salary

Brandon saved Ralph money. Money that can be used to land a new coach.