Why do some people become retards while holding a cell phone?

BuffaloBill

I was trying to enjoy my lunch today when some :unsure: idiot decides that he wants to participate in a conference call, on speaker while he is eating. Perhaps the fact that it helped to drown out the Celine Dion songs playing in the background should earn him a bye but how does he think this is acceptable? I did walk over to ask him to take his call elsewhere - the owner stepped in so I left it between them.

I am simply amazed that otherwise decent people turn into retards when they have the old cell in their hands - here is the list of moronic things people tend to do:

• Taking calls in church
  • Use them in bathrooms
  • Blathering on while holding up others - such as in a checkout line where they can't count money because one hand is tied up with phone or they are simply distracted
  • Carrying on conversations in places where such conversation is clearly disruptive to others (movies, restaurants, etc.)
  • Texting while driving
  • Texting while walking or should I say stumbling around
  • Talking on them when flight attendant has clearly indicated they need to be powered down

Just my rant for the day.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to grab a coffee last week with my friend at dunkin doughnuts and the kid on the register was talking on the cell phone. The girl I was with busted his balls saying stuff like "dude don't let us interrupt your conversation". I was cracking up

I was trying to enjoy my lunch today when some :unsure: idiot decides that he wants to participate in a conference call, on speaker while he is eating. Perhaps the fact that it helped to drown out the Celine Dion songs playing in the background should earn him a bye but how does he think this is acceptable? I did walk over to ask him to take his call elsewhere - the owner stepped in so I left it between them.

I am simply amazed that otherwise decent people turn into retards when they have the old cell in their hands - here is the list of moronic things people tend to do:

• Taking calls in church
  • Use them in bathrooms
  • Blathering on while holding up others - such as in a checkout line where they can't count money because one hand is tied up with phone or they are simply distracted
  • Carrying on conversations in places where such conversation is clearly disruptive to others (movies, restaurants, etc.)
  • Texting while driving
  • Talking on them when flight attendant has clearly indicated they need to be powered down

Why, because whatever they are doing is a LOT more important than what anyone ELSE is doing. That's why.

IMO people don't become retards while holding a cell phone. They are already a retard but the act of holding the phone just accentuates their inner retard

Use them in bathrooms

Freaks me out when I'm talking to somebody on the phone and I hear the toilet flush on their end :unsure:

Hang up the phone, do your business, wash your hands, then call back.

also why does having a cell phone give people to carry on non-business(or business) related conversations before 8AM????? this always amazes me...seeing people chatting on the phone at 7:30 AM or earlier.....just a little pet peeve of mine

• Taking calls in church
  • Use them in bathrooms
  • Texting while driving

IMO people don't become retards while holding a cell phone. They are already a retard but the act of holding the phone just accentuates their inner retard

They're self centered, inconsiderate turds in the toilet bowl of humanity. These are the same nimrods that take up 2 parking spaces and push two grocery baskets with 10,000 things each into the register lane with the big sign that says, "10 ITEMS OR LESS". This is THEIR world and we are nothing more than annoying interruptions to their muy importante existence.

I think it should be legal to throw a roundhouse kick to the head of the offending cell phone tard, crushing the phone against their ear and shattering the phone, and hopefully, thier head as well. I wish cell phones had NEVER been invented...

• Taking calls in church
  • Use them in bathrooms
  • Texting while driving

:sick: you know, I've never been anything but kind to you and this is the way you treat me? I'm on vacation this week and I decided to participate in the call anyway. Sorry I ruined your happy meal.

also why does having a cell phone give people to carry on non-business(or business) related conversations before 8AM????? this always amazes me...seeing people chatting on the phone at 7:30 AM or earlier.....just a little pet peeve of mine

Depends on where you live in relation to the person you're talking to.

well i seriously doubt that those that i see in richmond are talking to folks in Prince Edward Island, Greenland, Iceland or Great Britain.....maybe i am just old fashioned...no phone calls before 8AM and if 8AM, it better be for business or very important

Depends on where you live in relation to the person you're talking to.

How does my calling someone (business or non-business) at anytime bother you? :unsure:

I think it should be legal to throw a roundhouse kick to the head of the offending cell phone tard, crushing the phone against their ear and shattering the phone, and hopefully, thier head as well. I wish cell phones had NEVER been invented...

Make sure you say Roadhouse after kicking them.

i don't know, thats why they call them pet peeves.....

Pet peeves often involve specific behaviors of someone close, such as a spouse or significant other.[3] These behaviors may involve disrespect, manners, personal hygiene, relationships, and family issues.[4] Road rage itself is considered a pet peeve by many. Other driving-related pet peeves include drivers who speed up to keep others from changing lanes (Gap Snatchers), or distracted drivers talking on cell phones (Motor Mouths). Often a pet peeve will seem illogical to others. For example, a supervisor may have a pet peeve about people leaving the lid on the copier up and react angrily, be annoyed when others interrupt when speaking, or by messy desks of their subordinates.[5] That same supervisor may witness employees coming into work late, and not feel any annoyance whatsoever.

How does my calling someone (business or non-business) at anytime bother you? :unsure:

you may have missed my edited response where i added a reference to the 'meaning' of pet peeves

I thought they called them pet peeves because.....well, they....um, gee...why do they call them pet peeves? My mom's pretty smart, I'll call her at 7:00am tomorrow and ask her.