Shanahan removes name from Bills consideration

FluffHead

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I would love to have shanahan, but only if he let us hire the GM we wanted, not the one he wanted. And that is probably another dealbreaker for him that we can add to the long list. Even more than a coach, I want a real GM. If we hire a good GM, that alone will make me really look forward to the offseason. We might get some really good pickups and actually put our 1st pick to good use in the draft.

What are the Bills doing? They fire Jauron, but what kind of movement has there been to find a coach and a GM? One interview with Shanny is not enough. The Bills had a head start, and they need to capitalize. Clevelend has hired Holmgren, Washington has hired Allen and Seattle is looking at numerous GM candidates. If the Bills hire Haslett, Martz or Billick, the team will never get better. We need a football GM and then a head coach.

This is the year RW's meddlesome ways finally catch up to him. I have no doubt word has spread league wide that going to Buffalo is a half-step up from working in Oakland. And that alone will convince proven people and top assistants from interviewing. I don't care if it's the NFL or not, this is a wasteland and people know it.

Besides, Brian Billick has wondered aloud who would consider coming here. Fassel, Haslett, or Dennis Green seem to be the logical choices because they want in.

I hope Shanny dies in a bust of flames tryhing to HC and GM some team.......

Now that we know what ex coaches it ISN"T going to be lets get aggressive about bringing in a quality GM who will hire his own coaches.

Dont let the dream of turning this team around end with this decision Ralph........you generated fan excitement about the possiblity of a new beginning and we had better see it.

At least if you want to keep me as a fan.

It has to start with the FRONT OFFICE.

Loved the pass play to Fred Jackson last year that sealed the Bills victory and probably was the final nail in Shanny's coffin. Look forward to the Bills lowering the boom on the next team he coaches. :wallbash:

Honestly folks, who thought he would seriously consider the Bills?

Get ready for John Fox

I would have thought the same thing but you don't interveiew with a team for 7 hours unless you are seriously considering them. Oh well, guess it was too good to be true.