Shanahan removes name from Bills consideration

FluffHead

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't there been some front office (non scouting/coaching "football") people who have left the organization in the last 12 months? one was an employee for quite a while. These gm candidates view the Bills like a cancerous object. Holmgren probably laughed till he fell out of his chair. Yet he has no problem to sign quickly with the sadcase Cleveland Browns. It isn't just that... you see national media, no matter the television network and the Bills are treated like the league's court jester. Almost view it like "what's the point".

Maybe Ralph will see the light and realize he's gotta let go. No one who has other options or doesn't have a sentimental connection to Buffalo is coming here with a 91 year old owner who has no succession plan in place. Even if Ralph ran a tip-top organization, which he clearly doesn't, why would Shanahan or Cowher come here when there is a high probability they will have a new boss before their contract is up and Ralph can't even guarantee where the team will be when he moves on?

haven't there been some front office (non scouting/coaching "football") people who have left the organization in the last 12 months? one was an employee for quite a while. These gm candidates view the Bills like a cancerous object. Holmgren probably laughed till he fell out of his chair. Yet he has no problem to sign quickly with the sadcase Cleveland Browns. It isn't just that... you see national media, no matter the television network and the Bills are treated like the league's court jester. Almost view it like "what's the point".

Uncertainty ,Charlkie that is the main reason,as stated before. The Browns must be staying for awhile. The Bills,????

Uncertainty ,Charlkie that is the main reason,as stated before. The Browns must be staying for awhile. The Bills,????

The impression I get from reading the articles and getting a sense of what the bigger name GMs and coaches are thinking... they don't see one positive aspect within the Buffalo Bills organization. From the ownership to the coaching, players, scouting staffs, they must see a reclamation project that they are just not interested in dealing with. I sense they view it as a reclamation project that can't be fixed. And yes, you can throw re-location in the mix as well. The Bills' situation is toxic, there's no other way to put it.

There's a culture of losing within the organization... and perhaps that has worn on Aaron Schobel so much that's he's ready to hang up the cleats. Horrid quarterback, horrid OT play, lacking at the skill positions. No formidable pass rush, weak run defense... nearly non-existent WR. That's one hell of a mess to clean up. Add in a lease agreement that expires in three years... Ralph can make it $10 million or $100 million, I think he's going to be really scraping to find any takers. It's a travesty, what has happened to this organization. No playoffs in a decade, no division title in 14 years!!! No home playoff game in 13 years!!! They have bled the fanbase badly.

Now everyone can come back to the reality of living and rooting for a team in Buffalo. Noone wants to come to Buffalo except an aging primadona WR that can't find work anywhere else. Even Owens said "it wasn't ideal". The best the Bills can hope for is a hot shot coordinator. What we will probably get is a retread HC - Martz or Fox most likely.

I don't think this is all bad. Shanahan's record while very good is not that great over the last few years. His defenses have been awful and his personnel choices even worse. Maurice Clarrett - third round. In Washington he will have a credible GM. In Buffalo he would have had a car salesman for a GM.

The impression I get from reading the articles and getting a sense of what the bigger name GMs and coaches are thinking... they don't see one positive aspect within the Buffalo Bills organization. From the ownership to the coaching, players, scouting staffs, they must see a reclamation project that they are just not interested in dealing with. I sense they view it as a reclamation project that can't be fixed. And yes, you can throw re-location in the mix as well. The Bills' situation is toxic, there's no other way to put it.

There's a culture of losing within the organization... and perhaps that has worn on Aaron Schobel so much that's he's ready to hang up the cleats. Horrid quarterback, horrid OT play, lacking at the skill positions. No formidable pass rush, weak run defense... nearly non-existent WR. That's one hell of a mess to clean up. Add in a lease agreement that expires in three years... Ralph can make it $10 million or $100 million, I think he's going to be really scraping to find any takers. It's a travesty, what has happened to this organization. No playoffs in a decade, no division title in 14 years!!! No home playoff game in 13 years!!! They have bled the fanbase badly.

Don't worry they will be in LA soon enough and you can think back with fond memories of Will Wolford and Howard Ballard..... Hmmm is it really that hard to run a team....

first off put down the bottle and try not to kill yourself,

secondly the bills are going nowhere. the fan base wont allow it.

thirdly if the lions got a new gm, we can too. i live in detroit and the lions have been at the bottom for 40 years. so relax.

the team simply needs a competent gm, there tons to choose from. most people that are in the business of being a talent evaluator want to start from scratch.... if the 1 -15 dolphins can get bill parcells, im sure we can get someone that is competent to run this thing.

If reports were true that he wants to bring his DC from the Broncos, to run the 3-4 no less, the Bills didn't want him. And the point about only 1 coach ever winning a SB with another team is something that can't be overlooked, while Shanahan hasn't won one in over a decade.

Agreed. It's not the WNY region and it's certainly not the fanbase... it's the organization, total garbage from top to bottom (but especially at the top).

first off put down the bottle and try not to kill yourself,

secondly the bills are going nowhere. the fan base wont allow it.

thirdly if the lions got a new gm, we can too. i live in detroit and the lions have been at the bottom for 40 years. so relax.

the team simply needs a competent gm, there tons to choose from. most people that are in the business of being a talent evaluator want to start from scratch.... if the 1 -15 dolphins can get bill parcells, im sure we can get someone that is competent to run this thing.

BTW, the Lions GM Martin Mayhew (ironically a former Buffalo Bills player) was already in the Detroit organization before he was promoted to replace the fired Matt Millen. That is how they got their "new" GM.