Onside kick

Yes, Maybin was a lowly rated prospect that the Bills drafted 6 rounds before anyone predicted him going.

At least 1 full round. Just because Todd McShay says someone is good doesnt mean he is - as evidenced by him thinking Maybin would be a great pass rusher, which is most certainly is not. Anyone worth a damn - Mayock for example - knew Maybin was a POS and a huge risk. Mayock had him rated as the 4th best 3-4 OLB. Clint Sintim and Connor Barwin went 45 and 46 - my guess is Maybin would have went after those two if the Bills had passed on him.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I doubt he was drafted for his onside kick coverage abilities. Plus it looked to me like others were offside as well, but I would have to look at it again.

I rewound it and everyone else looked to be on the line at the kick. Maybin? A yard and a half past the line. :doh:

But while everyone slams the dumb rookie, where the *$ is the coaching???

This just in: Bobby April sucks as much as the rest of the Bills organization. Second huge special teams blunder in the final minute against NE this year.

Maybin = Eric Flowers?

:doh:

Erik Flowers was drafted #26 and when you look at that draft class it was pretty thin at that point. Keith Bullock is the only pick at the end of the 1st round to have a solid NFL career. There were some good OTs taken in the top of the 2nd round.

Maybin was taken at #11 to address the Bills lack of a pass rush and he has delivered a big zero in that area. There were scouts that were not sold on him, his body of work at PSU was very limited and in big games against better competition he was dominated, erased, and invisible. He was a high-risk high-reward pick for a team sporting personnel evaluators that have struck out far more often than the little bunts they've dribbled out to get on base here and there. I hope I'm wrong, but Aaron Maybe looks like another Modrak bust.

I can't believe the board isnt more upset about maybin screwing up the onside kick we recovered. we would have had a shot at tying the game. or is it a consensus that fitz would have just gotten sacked 4 times / thrown and int and the game would have been over anyway.

maybin sucks, why the hell did we draft him? man, this team is hard to watch.

:doh::wallbash:

we're not upset because we know if we would have gotten the ball, we would have gotten sacked on 1st down, threw a 3 yeard pass on 2nd and 17 and got sacked on 3rd and 15 and threw a pick/got sacked on 4th

I can't believe the board isnt more upset about maybin screwing up the onside kick we recovered. we would have had a shot at tying the game. or is it a consensus that fitz would have just gotten sacked 4 times / thrown and int and the game would have been over anyway.

:doh::wallbash:

Why be uspet? With that offsides, it helps us get a higher draft pick!

As Maybin goes, he'll be a bust. New coaching staff, learning a new system

will just set him back again. Unless the new staff decides to use him as a

LB, he won't amount to anything as a DE with his size. Don't care about his

great "first step", size matters.

Doesn't appear very talented at all. Let's face it, he had 10 productive games in college at a position he doesn't translate to at the NFL level. A questionable selection at best in a draft full of talented LB's that are excelling right now. Maybin has bust written all over him at this point.

You are 100% correct. Should have drafted Cushing, Matthews, Oher or Orakpo. So much immediate-impact talent in the draft, and the bills fail to grab ANY of it. :doh::wallbash:

This would be a good time to bring up the fact that the obvious pick for us was Michael Oher, who is being touted as offensive rookie of the year, and played a position where we desperately needed help. However I am not the kind of guy who will bring that up. Maybe Maybin will show us some greatness in the playoffs when it really counts....oh....never mind.

You are 100% correct. Should have drafted Cushing, Matthews, Oher or Orakpo. So much immediate-impact talent in the draft, and the bills fail to grab ANY of it. :ph34r::wallbash:

I know that there are no guarantees that drafted players will succeed in the NFL, but how can the Bills management show their face in public after drafting several players too small to continue to play their college position in the pros. Someone has obviously been obsessed with theory of having speedy little defensive guys like those who were successful on Dungy coached teams. The flaw in the strategy is that they didn't have Dungy to make it work.

Doesn't appear very talented at all. Let's face it, he had 10 productive games in college at a position he doesn't translate to at the NFL level. A questionable selection at best in a draft full of talented LB's that are excelling right now. Maybin has bust written all over him at this point.

Nah. Maybin has question mark written all over him at this point.

This would be a good time to bring up the fact that the obvious pick for us was Michael Oher, who is being touted as offensive rookie of the year, and played a position where we desperately needed help. However I am not the kind of guy who will bring that up. Maybe Maybin will show us some greatness in the playoffs when it really counts....oh....never mind.

Before the season, nobody knew we would need a right tackle. As it turns out, he would have been a great pick, but our need was at LT and Oher looked like an RT, and he still does.

A sensational RT, and still a question mark at LT.

Before the season, nobody knew we would need a right tackle. As it turns out, he would have been a great pick, but our need was at LT and Oher looked like an RT, and he still does.

A sensational RT, and still a question mark at LT.

Are you suggesting that Brad Butler had proven himself at RT, because he hadn't. And what kind of proven depth did we have at RT?

:oops::w00t:

I agree - it was like someone stuck a balloon with a pin after we recovered the onsides kick. It seemed like Perry Fool just threw in the towel at that point.

As for Maybin, his prolonged holdout probably ruined any chance to be an 'impact player' this season - we'll have to wait until next Fall to see how bad he really sucks. Hopefully, full participation in OTAs, training camp, and preseason make a difference.

I think that offsides call was the was incorrect. I dont think his foot came down before the ball was touched, and referees have always given a one yeard cushion, usually a two. I believe that one yard cushion is even in the college rule book.