Who misses McKelvin?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

McKelvin has shown flashes at times and went out way too early this year to be throwing the guy on the block. He could end up being an excellent CB in this league. I'll be glad to have him back with our team next year.

yeah, don't be throw the baby out with the bath

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not, and if anyone (after Parrish) is trade bait it'd be him in my book.

McGee>Florence>McKelvin

I get your point. You need a nickle DB more than your need a 3rd LB this day and age because he is on the field more. The way we use our three safeties, we really only need the two top CBs. Corner/Youboty are fine dime guys. IMO id rather just keep him and our strong secondary, but if he can give us a starting caliber OL or DL I wouldnt miss him.

you need a doctor! plus your clueless.

when mckelvin comes back next year and takes over his starting role and with florance in his natural position in the slot and with the plethora of other great young players we have in our secondery we are set for the next five years.

its undoubtedly the strength of this football team and your brilliant idea is to trade our young star great thinking. absolutely the dumbest post of the week!

mckelvin has the makings of a great shutdown corner your comment is mindless!

Guest dog14787

No way, are you kidding me, you would never get his worth in a trade and the kids a big time play maker.

based on all this. lets cut him too! tbd= cut everyone, moorman punts to byrd all day long!

that wont get it done!

Right, because that's the type of poster that I am.

Cut everyone! Burn them at the stake!

If you're going to make comments like these, you may choose to check a person's post history next time instead of being overly presumptuous.

I have my opinions on players just like you do, if you don't agree then make a counter-point, don't just sit there and act as though you're above debating a player's merits.

I happen to think that Buffalo wasted $7M/year on McGee when a player of equal talent could have been had for half that much (i.e. Drayton Florence at $3.3M/year). If that doesn't make sense to you then don't comment, or maybe ask me to explain it again in smaller words, but don't be an idiot.

McKelvin has shown flashes at times and went out way too early this year to be throwing the guy on the block. He could end up being an excellent CB in this league. I'll be glad to have him back with our team next year.

I agree, he needs to grow mentally and stop making stupid mistakes, but as far as potential it is way to soon to give up on him. We have the potential of having one of the best set of young corners with him and Byrd, which makes it a little odd that they resigned McGee when they did.

Except for McGee. I'm still scratching my head on why McGee isn't taking kick returns anymore (when healthy)?!

I am guessing among other things, his injury history, age, lack of depth at corner, etc. They kinda took him off kickoffs when he became a full time corner.

McKelvin might be a good corner at some point. Right now it's impossible to say. There is imo an equal chance that he will become just another gadget player upon whom we wasted another nice first round pick.

Quite a few very good players were selected after McKelvin such as Clady, Albert and Flacco, but this draft was "Jauroned."

There will never be another team NFL in any of your lifetimes that loses a #8 and #11 due to injury in the secondary, and the quality of play stays the same. Virtually every other position is lacking mind you but we could lose 6 players and probably field an OK secondary, while losing of course.

Unbelieveable.

McKelvin might be a good corner at some point. Right now it's impossible to say. There is imo an equal chance that he will become just another gadget player upon whom we wasted another nice first round pick.

Quite a few very good players were selected after McKelvin such as Clady, Albert and Flacco, but this draft was "Jauroned."

There will never be another team NFL in any of your lifetimes that loses a #8 and #11 due to injury in the secondary, and the quality of play stays the same. Virtually every other position is lacking mind you but we could lose 6 players and probably field an OK secondary, while losing of course.

Unbelieveable.

You mean like the Raiders, who lost Michael Huff and Fabian Washington to injury in 2006, but still had the #1 pass defense in the league?

You really need to give up this "we only draft DBs" crap. The Bills draft according to need every single year. You may not like the players that they pick, but that's what they do.

Enterring last off-season, the primary needs were DE, OL, TE, LB.

1st - DE

1st - OL

2nd - FS (ok, so they picked a DB, wanna complain about Byrd?)

2nd - OL

4th - TE

5th - LB

I'd call that drafting for need. Same goes for 2008. Biggest needs were WR, CB, DE.

1st - CB

2nd - WR

3rd - DE

I think you need to re-evaluate your position on this issue.

I'd call that drafting for need. Same goes for 2008. Biggest needs were WR, CB, DE.

1st - CB

2nd - WR

3rd - DE

You are kidding, right? Please tell me that you don't REALLY think that in 2008 we needed a cornerback more than we needed a Guard, Center, RT, LB, DT or DE.

You couldn't possibly believe this, could you?

Edit: By the way, Fabian Washington was selected 23rd.

I, for one, 100% agree.

I think McKelvin has a ton of skill, but I get tired of watching him (along with McGee) give up 15-yard completions underneath their coverage. For the amount the team is paying McKelvin, their getting far better value in Drayton Florence.

And for the amount their paying McGee, the team could've had much better value in Greer (assuming he stayed healthy).

However, McKelvin is an excellent kick returner...

Thanks Bandit,

Ive been saying that about McGee and Greer all year. They truly mad the wrong decision on that one. Traded McGee and gotten even a 6 pack for his services and signing Greer was the move. The FO messed that one up bad.

At one point in the season I was listening to the Saints commentator in an interview and he was saying the Bills screwed up and gave them possibly the best CB the saints have ever had. UGH! :):w00t::w00t::w00t::thumbsup:

Who misses Mckelvin?

Me.

Lets trade all our firsrt round picks then have no money for next year because of Cap penalties. :thumbsup: The kid has shown he can be good.

Plus first round pick = LARGE signing bonus = LARGE cap penalty