Tree time

mead107

Went artificial last year, so I break it out about a week after Thanksgiving.

Having an issue with some of the lights right now. Narrowed down the string... changed fuses, now it says to go one-by-one to check for any loose connections.

*Sigh* I'll have to put some Captain in the eggnog to have the patience for this. Really disappointed that it's having these troubles already.

And I thought I was the only person in the country to NOT put their tree up the day after Thanksgiving.

I'm going to get mine this afternoon and we'll decorate tomorrow. Lights will go up on the house tomorrow as well (if weatherr permits).

Going with my dad tomorrow morning to the local tree farm we've used for 20 years. We used to get really big trees when I lived with my parents...sometimes 20'+...my mom has finally kaiboshed that though. We'll still probably cut him down a 10-12' tree and I'll grab a dinky 6-footer for my apartment.

Every year my wife begs to switch to artificial. I see all the arguments and I think it would make my life 100x easier not to have to go through this process every year. But there is nothing like going out to a tree farm on a cold December day and sawing down your own tree, IMO. Clark !@#$ing Griswold baby... :lol:

Went artificial last year, so I break it out about a week after Thanksgiving.

Having an issue with some of the lights right now. Narrowed down the string... changed fuses, now it says to go one-by-one to check for any loose connections.

*Sigh* I'll have to put some Captain in the eggnog to have the patience for this. Really disappointed that it's having these troubles already.

Try SoCo next time it's surprisingly delicious! :lol::wallbash: <--pretend it's nog