Fitz looked pretty bad last night

His mechanics seemed very poor -- he seems to throw more off of his back foot than any QB I've seen in a long time. He should have had four picks, not one.

Btw, that game should have been a blowout by half time (28-10). The score was not indicative of the play, although I guess it goes to show that good running games get you three and good QBs/WRs get you seven in today's NFL.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His mechanics seemed very poor -- he seems to throw more off of his back foot than any QB I've seen in a long time. He should have had four picks, not one.

Btw, that game should have been a blowout by half time (28-10). The score was not indicative of the play, although I guess it goes to show that good running games get you three and good QBs/WRs get you seven in today's NFL.

Would you say the mechanics are poor because he had no time to throw the ball with of our non-existent pass protection? I am not saying that Fitz is a great QB. But any NFL QB can throw properly when they have adequate time.

Would you say the mechanics are poor because he had no time to throw the ball with of our non-existent pass protection? I am not saying that Fitz is a great QB. But any NFL QB can throw properly when they have adequate time.

The pass protection is bad, but he's a sloppy player. He makes risky decisions and doesn't set his feet even when the rush isn't withering. His willingness to take shots is why the Bills occasionally move the ball, so I see why he's starting over Edwards, but my god do the Bills need to land a bigtime QB. Without one, they're going to be stuck in the wilderness for the foreseeable future.

Guest dog14787

I was not very happy with Fitzparick's play, but it goes back to the same thing and there's no way around it fellas, poor pass protection against better defenses simply will not get it done in this league. You can add the fact that his number one receiver refuses to put extra effort into making the catch and has now set a bad example for our Number three, Josh Reed. Reed is a shell of his former self, he used to be Trent Edwards go to guy a season ago when we actually had an O-line that could pass protect and run block properly.

We need to get James Hardy into the game next week and develop a game plan that utilizes Shawn Nelson and Jonathan Stupar to our fullest advantage, lets give these youngsters some play time and get them more involved.

T.O.'s gone at the end of the season, I would let him sit on the bench and do what he's already been doing for 90% of the season so far anyway which is nothing...

The pass protection is bad, but he's a sloppy player. He makes risky decisions and doesn't set his feet even when the rush isn't withering. His willingness to take shots is why the Bills occasionally move the ball, so I see why he's starting over Edwards, but my god do the Bills need to land a bigtime QB. Without one, they're going to be stuck in the wilderness for the foreseeable future.

Nothing we didn't see in training camp.

First I will say, I like fitz and would like the Bills to keep him as a Back Up.

He did scramble well, But he had NO TIME.

Look at the last 2 plays,..... He got sacked,... then had to just throw it up, to not get sacked. The O line Is decimated by injuries,... We literally have a old man off the street starting.

So, yes he had a hard time, and Yes we need another QB.

I am not sure why you mention the game should have been a blowout (which I agree with) in a "Fitz looked pretty bad last night" post, but the bottom line is Fitz is not a very good QB. he's a decent backup, but there's no way he's a starter. Unfortunately, the only other choice on the Bills roster is a third stringer and a practice squad player. Pick your poison.

And this is a surprise to who? or is it whom? (I know how touchy the grammar police can be)

Oh this is a surprise to the Fitz is much better than Trent guys/gals.

I have to agree, that was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen in watching NFL games for over 35 years. He never is very good, but he was terrible last night. I have never seen Trent Edwards play anywhere near that bad, and that isn't a compliment to Edwards. They should have left him in Canada with the Offensive Line, they were both pathetic.

I have to agree, that was one of the worst QB performances I have ever seen in watching NFL games for over 35 years. He never is very good, but he was terrible last night. I have never seen Trent Edwards play anywhere near that bad, and that isn't a compliment to Edwards. They should have left him in Canada with the Offensive Line, they were both pathetic.

Come on--he wasn't that bad! How could you not notice the unbelievably awful Kellen Clemens??

But still, after Sanchez went down, the Jets simply stopped playing offense. It was almost like their IO was trying to throw the game----and we STILL couldn't beat them!

Come on--he wasn't that bad! How could you not notice the unbelievably awful Kellen Clemens??

But still, after Sanchez went down, the Jets simply stopped playing offense. It was almost like their IO was trying to throw the game----and we STILL couldn't beat them!

Clemens didn't do much positive, but he was still much better than Fitz. We still could have won despite him on that last interception, T.O. had a yard and a half on the defender and he couldn't even get it there-5 yards short. Anyone with a brain new it was a bad signing, he sucks, always has, always will.

When you can run for 10 yards a carry ... who needs to throw it.

Fitz sucked as usual, along with the rest of the O.

The book on RF was he scrambled far too often when confronted with pressure. And, by virtue of being on 2 teams in four seasons, probably wasn't more than a journeyman.

Why it's a surprise this guy wasn't good enough is beyond me. Granted the OL in Cincy wasn't great last season, but his play there was very similar to what it's been here.

Fitzpatrick today is a lot like what people figure DJ would be in early 08: that he would somehow improve to carry the team. And then reality reappeared again.

Why is everyone so willing to give the offensve line a pass? Do they get any blame ever? They were the worst group of Bills by a mile last night and we are arguing about the QB?

PTR

Guest dog14787
Why is everyone so willing to give the offensve line a pass? Do they get any blame ever? They were the worst group of Bills by a mile last night and we are arguing about the QB?

PTR

Kind of hard to convince folks differently when we even have our HOF QB Jim Kelly laying all the blame squarely on the QB.

As much as I love the guy, I wouldn't mind seeing him out there trying to play behind our O-line for a game or two and see if he has a different impression after playing with his linemen getting shoved back into his face play after play so he can't even step up to make a throw.

Yeah, Fitz looked pretty bad last night. But he didn't get a lot of help in the way of pass blocking. But the bad passes were back. He's so freakin' inconsistent. The first drive, the pass to Lee was perfect. Then he throws tons of really bad balls.

But what last night showed me is we need an OC. When you're running backs are 19 for 91 yards, why are we passing so much. After that drive where ML had those huge carries, why did we go away from it? Makes no sense. We should have been giving them a steady dose of ML at that point. But no, it's pass pass pass pass. If we had a QB that might be OK, but we don't. ML only had 6 carries for the game. I've been quick to dog ML, but when you gotta go with the hot hand which he had.

Kind of hard to convince folks differently when we even have our HOF QB Jim Kelly laying all the blame squarely on the QB.

As much as I love the guy, I wouldn't mind seeing him out there trying to play behind our O-line for a game or two and see if he has a different impression after playing with his linemen getting shoved back into his face play after play so he can't even step up to make a throw.

Kelly did play behind that offensive line in 1996, which was just about as bad as this one. The Bills went 10-6, although Kelly had a crappy season.