LOST...Season 6

duey

These things are just too damn long.

PTR

That's what she said but seriously I'll admit I've never read any of these until this season as I didn't want to be spoiled or enjoyed the banter on this board to learn of things I missed myself. Some of his connections are truly amazing and makes me appreciate the writers even more so. In terms of this weeks episode the only things that hadn't seen mentioned is Flocke's quote to when he mentioned about not being able to transform into smoke form and then just get off the island.

Also as UConnJames mentioned Flocke's speech to Claire was somewhat sad as sounds like he doesn't need Claire at all and doesn't care what she does to Kate after he uses her to lure, I assume Sun, Jack and Hurley, to the plane. Of course in thinking that I had a momentary flashback of Hurley apologizing to Jack to going to Locke's side even though it appears we already saw him going to Locke's side earlier. Which tells me he's truly not really looking to get his group off the island, unless he means in death.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jensen's recaps have been largely sub par this season. He goes off on way too many tangents that have little to do with the show and are extreme reaches. Most of his writings this season have been along the lines of...

That's what he's done all along. I can only say that if you don't find them worthwhile, don't read them. <shrug>

-----

This is a theory I'm in agreement with and was thinking myself in the Jack-Sun scene. His presence is so Jacob-esque there.... By Mr_Friendly on the LOST DarkUFO site (Warning for the LOST-pure crowd. This page is safe, but don't go poking around the rest of this site):

We Are Already There

While watching The Package, something happened, and it gave me chills. Jack and Sun sit on a beach talking, and during this conversation something emerged. Jack isn't in the running to become the next Jacob, he is already there. The way he always was able to lead people made him a prime suspect, and the way he never forced people into a decision, but instead relied heavily in their own trust in him to come to that decision is exactly the same qualities that made Jacob the leader he was. He leads by example; you want to be better because he is better, you want to do good because he does good.

Jacob, through Hurley, took Jack to the Lighthouse so he could see what he saw. As Jacob said, he needed to see how important he was, and perhaps sitting staring at the ocean was enough to get him to realize. In The Package, when he sits talking with Sun, he is also staring at the sea while discussing with her. Whenever we saw Jacob talking with Man in Black, it too, was facing the sea. Surely this isn't coincidence, is it? TPTB are far too deliberate to just happen.

During the conversation, his mannerisms, and even the deliberate shot of him reaching out and them touching hands, all, to me, made me feel that Jack was already Jacob. He might not understand what it means, or what he can do yet, but the moment Jacob died, Jack took over, as he was on the Island, and the Island needs a protector.

-----

The cast and crew are currently almost finished filming the finale. The whiteboards in the writers' room have been erased.

I wonder what kind of scenes they're shooting just to f--- with the actors' minds and create a real air of nobody knowing quite what's going to happen at the end until it's shown. Kind of like how for "There's No Place Like Home" they filmed Locke, Sawyer, Desmond and I believe a one other (lowercase "o" there) in the Jeremy Bentham casket.

Also, Lindelof tweeted today: "In one week, the conversation is going to change." Hmm.

or Dr. Juliet Burke? or Dr. Ethan Rom?

Juliet is on V, she may have shot an episode before she left, but I don't see her returning. Ethan was a nice surprise when taking care of Claire and baby, but I think it would make more sense if it was Jack...

Juliet is on V, she may have shot an episode before she left, but I don't see her returning. Ethan was a nice surprise when taking care of Claire and baby, but I think it would make more sense if it was Jack...

yeah i was originally hoping for Juliet's grand return to bring the 2 time lines together and show the LOSTies that detonating the bomb did work. but now that V is on right after LOST, i doubt it. plus, from what ive seen/heard/read regarding Desmond's retrun, he may end up being the one to do that. oh well.

No, they're scheduling around V. Elizabeth Mitchell has been filming in Hawai'i just recently.

Again, no re-air of last week's episode. It looks like this will be the deal for the rest of the way.

LOST 6.11 | "Happily Ever After" | 9 p.m. ABC

Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) awakens and discovers that he's on the island.

Word is that those who loved "The Constant" will love this ep, and vice versa. I love Desmond episodes. They have always shifted what you think you know about this series. He was sent back in time to re-live his life (and did his part to push a couple-few of our favorite characters to the island), his consciousness was revealed to be real-time b/w strings time.

Can't wait to see how "the conversation is going to change" this week, according to Damon Lindelof's tweet.

Again, no re-air of last week's episode. It looks like this will be the deal for the rest of the way.

Word is that those who loved "The Constant" will love this ep, and vice versa. I love Desmond episodes. They have always shifted what you think you know about this series. He was sent back in time to re-live his life (and did his part to push a couple-few of our favorite characters to the island), his consciousness was revealed to be real-time b/w strings time.

Can't wait to see how "the conversation is going to change" this week, according to Damon Lindelof's tweet.

My guess is that he is, or will reveal, the link between the sideways world and the island world.