LOST...Season 6

duey

except we dont know that Juliet is Sawyers constant. or did you just let the cat out of the bag?!?! :devil:

it made sense why touching penny sent desmond back, since she is his constant. the rest of 'em, whatever.

but we heard it here first folks, straight from a Bad Robot employee, Juliet is Sawyers constant!! haha :nana:

Yep...me thinks he slipped! :unsure:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MINI-SPOILER FOR NEXT WEEK HIDDEN BELOW>>>>

The previews showed that Michael returns...but the cast listing for next weeks episode (entitled "Everybody Loves Hugo") also has the following individual as making an appearance...

LIBBY

In the preview, Hurley states that all these dead people keep yelling at him and then they show Michael. Can't tell much from previews though, usually all out of sequence...

I was the same way until the Alpert episode. After that I convinced myself to just let the story unfold. There's been more good episodes this season I think than any other season. I loved the premiere, the Ben episode, the Alpert episode, and last night's episode.

I've loved the aforementioned episodes too but this one just didn't sit with me. Perhaps because I was subconsciously wanting more for Desmond/Charlie/Daniel.

Yeah, but....now I'm confused. Daniel introduced himself as Daniel Widmore to Desmond. I thought his name was Daniel Faraday? And we know Widmore is Penny's father.....right?

And "Faraday" is a decent psuedo last name for a physicist.

Faraday did a lot of work with electromagnetism, and the charge on a mole of electrons is called the "Faraday constant"

After this episode I felt like the original survivors could all feel the electromagnetic pulse. That could explain the sideways world and the timetravel. Not everyone on the island would skip through time and not everyone has a sideways story that they have reflection periods like something is off but all the O6 have those deja vu moments.

I think maybe Jabobs replacement will need to be able to sustain those impulses and time travel. Desmond is just the first to realize what is happening.

except we dont know that Juliet is Sawyers constant. or did you just let the cat out of the bag?!?! <_<

it made sense why touching penny sent desmond back, since she is his constant. the rest of 'em, whatever.

but we heard it here first folks, straight from a Bad Robot employee, Juliet is Sawyers constant!! haha :flirt:

Who else would be Sawyer's "constant?" Of course it's Juliett. You can pretty much tick everyone of significance as having a "constant," as you say. The only ones that are a tad uncelar are Kate and Jack leaving them as each other's. What it all means. Who knows.

but we heard it here first folks, straight from a Bad Robot employee, Juliet is Sawyers constant!! haha :flirt:

Actually, that appeared to just be a likely assumption... Tgreg, you're still LOST-pure, right? By the by, there was a reveal on this topic as it pertains to the series finale on the LOST UFO spoilers site a while back. I didn't click the 'Are You Sure [You Want To Be Spoiled]?' button, which took a lot of willpower.

-----

Two days removed and I still don't quite know what to think about this episode. I don't have a lot of discussion to offer b/c I'm having trouble sorting out what so many of these things shown mean. Desmond eps are like that.

I mean, we found out that Des relived his life, making all the same moves, even when he would have done them differently. Right now, I'm wondering about the interaction with Jack in the stadium. On what iteration of Desmond did that happen? After the Swan explosion? Or is something else to be revealed there? Des's "You have to lift it up" message during their talk is something we haven't seen referenced yet. Perhaps that's why Widmore wants to find the energy pockets, each apparently having a different exit point in space/time --- to send Des on another mission in the original timeline. Or is Des' "sacrifice" going to be solely in the sideways flashes?

Doc Jensen's LOST recap: The End Begins Now

Widmore sure painted himself out to be the Professor Snape of Lost — the secret savior disguised as a bad guy. Did you buy it? Also: I wasn't sure if Widmore's words and deeds indicated that he was aware of the Sideways world and testing for it, or if he's oblivious to the Sideways world and was merely testing Desmond's electro-magnetic fortitude. I'm thinking the latter. What did you think?

My comic book-soaked brained recalled Watchmen and the story of Jon Osterman, a physicist who was accidentally locked in a room and bombarded with energy that removed the ''intrinsic field'' that held his being together and became unglued... only to reconstruct himself through sheer force of disembodied will into an omniscient, omnipotent Nietzschean Ubermench capable of experiencing past, present and future all at one. He became a superman. Codename: Dr. Manhattan. The problem? He found himself stripped of his humanity, neither needing nor wanting companionship or love. The story of Dr. Manhattan should remind you of the Man In Black, who told us in ''Ab Aeterno'' that his humanity had also been stripped from him, hence his smokey physique. But it should also remind you of Desmond's Sideways story in ''Happily Ever After,'' for it told us the tale of a man considered something of a super-stud by the culture, but suffering from a malaise of emotional detachment. ''Happily Ever After'' broke this Humpty Dumpty apart and put him back together again.

Doc also points out that Desmond's wedding band from the premiere's sideways flash is gone in "Happily Ever After." Add this with Claire not knowing whether she was having a boy or girl, yet in the premiere, she said she was going to name her son Aaron. Of this, he writes:

First, it seems that trauma is capable of punching a hole between worlds. In the same way Desmond broke on through to the other side during the panic of his underwater crisis with Charlie, I think we can also conclude that Sideways Claire pulled Aaron's name from the memory of her mirror twin during her delivery scare in the hospital with Kate.

Second, there's the matter of Desmond's wedding ring. I think we could be looking at a situation where the migration of consciousness from Island world to Sideways world is more than just a mind-swap. I think the combining of lives and minds and histories could create whole new people, reboots of individual timelines. Perhaps this process is volatile and ongoing. The mystery of Desmond's peekaboo wedding ring? Perhaps his ''story'' was in flux or even remains in flux until the entire matter of castaway transmigration is settled.

Third, Ms. Hawking's brooch tells us something. In seasons past, she wore a version of an oroboros, with a snake chasing its tail and completing a circuit with its body, but its head remained free, escaping its own loop. I think the old pendant was a metaphor for the creation of the Sideways world. The new pendant? Two parallel lines, each bisected by a star, but at different points. The meaning? I'm still thinking.

Finally, Desmond. I think his job is to pull a John Locke/Jeremy Bentham and offer each castaway a chance to cross over into the Sideways world. I do think that's the direction of movement — Island to Sideways. I think Desmond's ''talent'' is to help each castaways open up a psychic channel for the crossing to occur. That means that Sideways Desmond has to work his people and Island Desmond has to work his people. And I think both iterations of the individual has to agree to create the channel. If Sideways Jack doesn't want to merge with Island Jack, i[t] isn't going to happen.

Just read an awesome theory on the alt world, as it relates to the Swan's detonation. "Just Saving the World" by Jhisc9999 on DarkUFO:

“Just saving the world” This has intrigued me ever since I heard Desmond say it. How is pushing a button saving the world? Let’s consider what we know. The button releases a controlled amount of energy that builds up as a result of the incident. What also has existed since the incident? The ALT… I believe that the Swan has been maintaining the existence of the ALT ever since it was created. Just saving the world. What world? The ALT world.

The universe does not like an alternate timeline and has been trying to build up enough energy to destroy it. But the hatch and the button prevented that, until around the end of 2004 when Desmond turned the key. That’s when the ALT ended. For some reason, there is a 3-year time shift in the connection between the timelines. So we are seeing the ALT before it is destroyed. But time is running out.

The ALT has some purpose that it needs to fulfill before it ends. Perhaps Widmore is trying to use Desmond to open a door to the ALT and to trick MIB into entering it. He at last escapes the island, only to be destroyed with the ALT timeline.

The last part is pure speculation, but I wanted to make it a complete theory. What do you think?

This makes all kinds of sense to me.

There is also a recap on that site that provides a screencap of 815 having "no status" on the departure/arrival board Des's reflection appears in. Kind of plays into the whole idea of Des' wedding ring not being there anymore, Claire's difference re: the sex of her baby, etc. Little differences b/c the state of flux currently going on in the ALT.

Just read an awesome theory on the alt world, as it relates to the Swan's detonation. "Just Saving the World" by Jhisc9999 on DarkUFO:

This makes all kinds of sense to me.

There is also a recap on that site that provides a screencap of 815 having "no status" on the departure/arrival board Des's reflection appears in. Kind of plays into the whole idea of Des' wedding ring not being there anymore, Claire's difference re: the sex of her baby, etc. Little differences b/c the state of flux currently going on in the ALT.

i like the general idea. only thing i might change is that instead of the Swan "maintaining" the ALT, what if it was keeping the ALT at bay from taking over, destroying, and replacing the real time line?

i really like this theory from darkufo: "How Desmond and Locke will save the world"

i dont think that is how it will all play out, but this guess is as good as any.

i really like the last paragraph:

The Man in Black is currently in the form of John Locke and we have seen that he has shown some of John Locke’s personality when screaming “Don’t tell me what I can’t do!” This was just foreshadowing how the Man In Black will be defeated. Jacob planned for this and this is why he gave Desmond this gift to travel between consciousnesses. He will show the ALT John Locke the truth about the real world (2007 on Island). This will cause John Locke’s awareness to filter through to the 2007 Island and his consciousness will re-appear in the Man in Black. John will then trap the Man In Black in his own body and have control over him – John Locke’s destiny is to prevent the man in black from ever leaving the island. John will in a sense then become the ISLAND, the cork keeping the Man in Black from spreading into the real world. This will conclude in them digging up John’s grave to find Christian Shephard buried there. This will give Jack the closure he need! s to be “fixed” and move on with his life. Everyone will leave the island except for John Locke who will stay and protect it and the world.

I might be done for 4 weeks. I'm off to China and I don't think you can stream video from abc.com there.

Anyhow, as I'm doing laundry for my trip, I'm rewatching The Package. I have a couple of new questions:

1. After Sun knocks herself out while running from the MIB, why does the MIB just leave her to be found by Ben? How come he didn't carry her back to his camp?

2. Does something like Sun's condition really exist? She hasn't lost her voice and can still speak Korean. She can still read/write English and can comprehend the spoken word. She just can't pronounce English anymore. Has anyone heard of anything similar before?

I might be done for 4 weeks. I'm off to China and I don't think you can stream video from abc.com there.

Anyhow, as I'm doing laundry for my trip, I'm rewatching The Package. I have a couple of new questions:

1. After Sun knocks herself out while running from the MIB, why does the MIB just leave her to be found by Ben? How come he didn't carry her back to his camp?

2. Does something like Sun's condition really exist? She hasn't lost her voice and can still speak Korean. She can still read/write English and can comprehend the spoken word. She just can't pronounce English anymore. Has anyone heard of anything similar before?

1. She may be a candidate. Candidates can do what they want, and only what they want. They can be manipulated by Jacob or MiB, but they can't be made to do something against their will. MiB can't just pick her up and make her join his side, she has to choose to do so. At least, this is my understanding of the game based on the limited info theyve given us.

I'm not a medical expert, but based on my own experience w/ a concussion, I think it possible.

In addition to having some memory loss (ie I didn't know what month it was), I found it VERY difficult to speak in that it was mentally taxing. I had no problem understanding people; idk about reading or writing, it just required considerable "thought" to try to come up w/ saying a word.

W/ Korean being her natural language it likely comes far easier to her than English. Additionally, if she's not truly bilingual, the process of speaking (& probably to a lesser extent, understanding) a 2nd language is different than your primary. (Other than simple repetitive Language 101 phrases, you must translate to/from your primary language b4/after processing.)

Jack said she was suffering from aphasia. It exists.