LOST...Season 6

duey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More thoughts...

The Des-man is awesome! He is clearly a very important person in all that is going on…he has shown in the past that he can exist in two places or two times at once and have an awareness that he doing just that. And Daniel giving him that awareness last night…the realization that they were living lives that were not supposed to be. That and the scene with Charlie underwater…awesome! That scene was amazing…the parallel to when he drowned…very cool.

Getting back to Des…the love that he and Penny share is so pure and so strong that it seems to give him the strength to handle the electromagnetic events and ability to psychologically handle the fact that he can be in two places/times at once.

Eloise…this chick is the all knowing. It’s almost like she’s a God…the whole thing with whatever happens, happens. And then she tells Des that his search for Penny is a violation…yeah…it’s a violation of the post-bomb/non-island life. I think his ability to understand what is going on is going to unravel the off-island lives somehow. It's clear that an unraveling has begun...Charlie felt it, Des felt it, Daniel felt it. I think it's going to be like Stephen King's Langoliers where time and reality start to unravel and dissolve into nothingness.

another AMAZING episode!! from the painting of the balance hanging in Widmore's office, to making me re-live Charlie's drowning scene all over again!! what an awesome show, i watched most of last nights episode standing up, pacing around the living room.

another AMAZING episode!! from the painting of the balance hanging in Widmore's office, to making me re-live Charlie's drowning scene all over again!! what an awesome show, i watched most of last nights episode standing up, pacing around the living room.

I found myself doing the same.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the sideways world is the world of MIB's promises. But the only problem is that no one is really happy (makes sense right...deal with the devil?). I think Des is cracking through this though because he has found his love...and this is the violation of which Eloise speaks.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the sideways world is the world of MIB's promises. But the only problem is that no one is really happy (makes sense right...deal with the devil?). I think Des is cracking through this though because he has found his love...and this is the violation of which Eloise speaks.

I know...I know...not all that cool to respond to ones own posts, but I'm still thinking about this **** as opposed to doing work, so here's some more!

Folks on MIBs side...

Syaid is with Nadia…but not really…

Sawyer blows his chance for love with Charlotte because he’s obsessed with finding the man who led to his parents deaths…

Kate continues to be on the run…

Jin and Sun are royally f’ed now…even if Sun lives they can never be together because her father is on to them (obviously this one is on Jin)…

Claire has no one, though in theory she will have Aaron…

Those who aren’t aligned with MIB (so far)…

Hurley is actually happy and successful (the exact opposite of reality);

Jack actually seems to have his act together…again, quite the opposite from reality…

Ben is a good person with a good relationship with his father…

I think that's what it may be shaping up as. Everyone in the sideways flashes seems to be reaping their choice of allegiance, although they're not set in stone yet. Right now, predicting the final 'sides' would be akin to knowing who the O6 are based on who was in the helicopter as it left. Still some decisions to be made. As for Kate and Sawyer being unhappy in the alt, Sawyer's character does have a revenge bent, but notice some of the final words of the ep --- Sawyer was waiting for Miles, and said he never told him about Anthony Cooper b/c Miles would talk him out of killing him. Well, voila, Sawyer was here telling Miles... and ostensibly knows that Miles will talk him out of it. Claire doesn't seem particularly on the outs, based on what her original life was like, and it seems reasonable that she might find joy with her baby. Kate is still in some deep 'do, tho. I just wonder where Locke is in this dealing.

This ep kinda blew my mind, tho, as Des episodes are wont to do. I'm going to have to watch it ~ two more times to really digest what we were just shown. And, unfortunately, with my dinosaur rig here, I have no way of doing that. Guess I'll have to make do with reading the Lostpedia precis.... and waiting for Doc's column.

But, it still may be that the sideways world was merely a creation/byproduct of a massive amount of electromagnetic energy being released. That's what Widmore exposed Desmond to, and what he experienced to a lesser degree in the less powerful MRI machine. Our 'slightly unstuck in time' character has now become slightly unstuck in multiple dimensions of time. One of the bigger questions for me is, how much did Desmond experience after being put into the EM machine? Did he see the whole course of things, or just the same amount as what we witnessed? Whatever it was, he's now intent on making one of these worlds happen.

Another thing, is the sideways world a 'real' reality? Or is this a mental construct of the MIB based on the information he downloaded from certain of the lostaways? I'm leaning no, but there's a whole Matrix-like 'bug in the machine' angle going on now. Charlie was the first to catch on to the fullness of what the ALT is. Still so much that we don't know about how the alt came about.

Interesting that touching his constant knocked Des out. (BTW - That was a great exchange at the stadium b/w them. We've been missing that kind of connection for a while.) Also funny how Minkowski is the limo driver --- the guy who died for lack of a constant shortly before Des established his own.

Did he see the whole course of things, or just the same amount as what we witnessed? Whatever it was, he's now intent on making one of these worlds happen.

See, I got the feeling that he saw it all and that has led to his sudden willingness to go with the flow. Remember what Eliose said...whatever happens, happens. Des seems to have fully embraced this mentality. He's ready to help Widmore, but then he just as willing to go with Sayid. Maybe it's also that he's seen that he ends up with Penny either way, so...whatever happens, happens.

I agree with you regarding Des and Penny. The stadium scene was beautifully captured and was very moving. There is a connection between these two that is unparalleled on this show. And maybe that connection is also a powerful weapon in how things play out.

Odd that only Desmond found his love, meanwhile Charlie and Daniel only have had visions/quick glances of the one's they love(d) perhaps because on the island/normal time line they are dead? *shrugs*

All and all I wasn't overly hyped about the episode. Yes it cleared some things up like that Daniel is indeed the son of Eloise and Widmore and that Penny is his half sister etc. It was nice seeing Charlie but he didn't feel like the one I enjoyed on the island. Even Desmond didn't seem his usual self either. Yes, it did have some heart felt moments but just seemed to be missing something. Perhaps it was me or maybe I'm just looking for more answers then sideways stories.

Odd that only Desmond found his love, meanwhile Charlie and Daniel only have had visions/quick glances of the one's they love(d) perhaps because on the island/normal time line they are dead? *shrugs*

All and all I wasn't overly hyped about the episode. Yes it cleared some things up like that Daniel is indeed the son of Eloise and Widmore and that Penny is his half sister etc. It was nice seeing Charlie but he didn't feel like the one I enjoyed on the island. Even Desmond didn't seem his usual self either. Yes, it did have some heart felt moments but just seemed to be missing something. Perhaps it was me or maybe I'm just looking for more answers then sideways stories.

I was the same way until the Alpert episode. After that I convinced myself to just let the story unfold. There's been more good episodes this season I think than any other season. I loved the premiere, the Ben episode, the Alpert episode, and last night's episode.

I think that's what it may be shaping up as. Everyone in the sideways flashes seems to be reaping their choice of allegiance, although they're not set in stone yet. Right now, predicting the final 'sides' would be akin to knowing who the O6 are based on who was in the helicopter as it left. Still some decisions to be made. As for Kate and Sawyer being unhappy in the alt, Sawyer's character does have a revenge bent, but notice some of the final words of the ep --- Sawyer was waiting for Miles, and said he never told him about Anthony Cooper b/c Miles would talk him out of killing him. Well, voila, Sawyer was here telling Miles... and ostensibly knows that Miles will talk him out of it. Claire doesn't seem particularly on the outs, based on what her original life was like, and it seems reasonable that she might find joy with her baby. Kate is still in some deep 'do, tho. I just wonder where Locke is in this dealing.

This ep kinda blew my mind, tho, as Des episodes are wont to do. I'm going to have to watch it ~ two more times to really digest what we were just shown. And, unfortunately, with my dinosaur rig here, I have no way of doing that. Guess I'll have to make do with reading the Lostpedia precis.... and waiting for Doc's column.

But, it still may be that the sideways world was merely a creation/byproduct of a massive amount of electromagnetic energy being released. That's what Widmore exposed Desmond to, and what he experienced to a lesser degree in the less powerful MRI machine. Our 'slightly unstuck in time' character has now become slightly unstuck in multiple dimensions of time. One of the bigger questions for me is, how much did Desmond experience after being put into the EM machine? Did he see the whole course of things, or just the same amount as what we witnessed? Whatever it was, he's now intent on making one of these worlds happen.

Another thing, is the sideways world a 'real' reality? Or is this a mental construct of the MIB based on the information he downloaded from certain of the lostaways? I'm leaning no, but there's a whole Matrix-like 'bug in the machine' angle going on now. Charlie was the first to catch on to the fullness of what the ALT is. Still so much that we don't know about how the alt came about.

Interesting that touching his constant knocked Des out. (BTW - That was a great exchange at the stadium b/w them. We've been missing that kind of connection for a while.) Also funny how Minkowski is the limo driver --- the guy who died for lack of a constant shortly before Des established his own.

Isn't it funny that the bug occurred when Charlie choked? I mean consider this- that he choked when the plane went over the Island due to the turbulence. IDK if that has any role in the story line or if it's just coincidence.

Yes it cleared some things up like that Daniel is indeed the son of Eloise and Widmore and that Penny is his half sister etc.

Yeah, but....now I'm confused. Daniel introduced himself as Daniel Widmore to Desmond. I thought his name was Daniel Faraday? And we know Widmore is Penny's father.....right?

Yeah, but....now I'm confused. Daniel introduced himself as Daniel Widmore to Desmond. I thought his name was Daniel Faraday? And we know Widmore is Penny's father.....right?

in the original timeline, he did not know his father was Widmore, they were not a family. Eloise raised him herself, and gave him a fake last name so he would not know.

A few random thoughts...

--

Another more questions than answer episode, but I did enjoy it!

--

Faraday said someting to perhaps verify that they did cause the other reality by exploding the bomb.

--

Des is meeting Penny at a coffee shop, didn't Juliet mention something about coffee before dying? Maybe she will be in the coffee shop as well...

--

Desmond wants the flight manifest to show the others on the flight what Charlie and Daniel showed to him, get ready for some fireworks in the coming episodes...

I know...I know...not all that cool to respond to ones own posts, but I'm still thinking about this **** as opposed to doing work, so here's some more!

Folks on MIBs side...

Syaid is with Nadia…but not really…

Sawyer blows his chance for love with Charlotte because he’s obsessed with finding the man who led to his parents deaths…

Kate continues to be on the run…

Jin and Sun are royally f’ed now…even if Sun lives they can never be together because her father is on to them (obviously this one is on Jin)…

Claire has no one, though in theory she will have Aaron…

Those who aren’t aligned with MIB (so far)…

Hurley is actually happy and successful (the exact opposite of reality);

Jack actually seems to have his act together…again, quite the opposite from reality…

Ben is a good person with a good relationship with his father…

Neither Jin nor Sun are on MIBs side.

MINI-SPOILER FOR NEXT WEEK HIDDEN BELOW>>>>

The previews showed that Michael returns...but the cast listing for next weeks episode (entitled "Everybody Loves Hugo") also has the following individual as making an appearance...

LIBBY

Well ... if Desmond meeting Penny in Sideways world caused him to pass out, imagine what Sideways Sawyer meeting Juilette would do.

Same with Jack and Kate (though they did get to see each other on the plane, she stole his pen), Sayid and Shannon (you know that's coming), Hurley and Libby (ditto), Claire and Charlie ...

except we dont know that Juliet is Sawyers constant. or did you just let the cat out of the bag?!?! :nana:

it made sense why touching penny sent desmond back, since she is his constant. the rest of 'em, whatever.

but we heard it here first folks, straight from a Bad Robot employee, Juliet is Sawyers constant!! haha :unsure: