LOST...Season 6

duey

Wow. That may have been one of the most revealing-exciting episodes yet, I'll have to re-watch it tomorrow but there was a lot happening there. I thought for a second that Desmond was going to tell us Smokeys real name. Talk about things heating up...

Yeah...quite the action and info-packed episode. And I think its started...one by one we're going to lose those that don't fit into the islands end game plans.

Loved the scene on the beach with Libby and Hugo...

How about Willy Wonka playing over the preview to next week...very very cool.

And lets all watch that final scene with Jack and Flocke a few times just to soak it in...if that's not some serious foreshadowing...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...quite the action and info-packed episode. And I think its started...one by one we're going to lose those that don't fit into the islands end game plans.

Loved the scene on the beach with Libby and Hugo...

How about Willy Wonka playing over the preview to next week...very very cool.

And lets all watch that final scene with Jack and Flocke a few times just to soak it in...if that's not some serious foreshadowing...

What was the name of the song in the preview?

Man, I thought we were going to see Dave in this episode. I guess not.... Looks like that's going to go unanswered as to whether that was Libby's (deceased) husband, in the original timeline, at least.

Nice to see Hurley and Libby finally getting to have their picnic on the beach. "Everybody likes cheese."

And it was also something to see Michael apologize without making some stupid "but... but... MY SON!!" excuse for his murders.... And let us in on the fact that the whispers are those of the departed souls who can't leave. But I'm just wondering how Walt fits into that. Whether it was Smokey, or if it's a time-shifting role like the Mysterious Boy, who made another appearance tonight. Slightly older this time, slightly darker hair, no bloody arms.

I just get the feeling that the whole "Let it go, Jack" thing doesn't mean a very broad-term 'Stop being Mr. Fix-it!" That it's going to be something that he literally has to let go... and that it wasn't the Jughead bomb, either.

Total shock to see Ilana go out like that. She was so built up, and then *kabloo-ey!* I guess we can rule her out as a candidate / she was touched by Jacob. So, she was training all her life... to get Sayid on the plane and tell certain of the Lostaways that they are '... candidates to replace Jacob. And more than that, well, I'm **** out of ideas. Jacob didn't tell me diddly.' Just when we were really starting to like her ass character.

But, as Ben said, it makes you wonder what's going to happen with them all when they've done what the island needs them for, especially the non-candidates who don't have a no-kill clause in their contract with Jacob. But, that deal led to the meeting we're evidently going to see in "The Last Recruit."

Just a weird thing with Sayid right now. Why'd he let Zoe go last week? The dude who has no feelings, doesn't care a whit to save Kate from Claire, who's killed the enemies of whomsoever's employ he's been in, says it wasn't necessary to kill Zoe, Widmore's Gal Friday on Hydra Island? Something screwy with it.

Totally saw that coming with Desmond being thrown down the well. Smokey seemed chagrined that Des didn't know he wasn't Locke, and particularly interested that Des had survived massive electromagnetic releases. Of which we got some partial answer on tonight --- not the people who dug the several that are on the island, but that it was a "Very long time ago" and b/c those spots sent their compass needles spinning round and round. Note that this does not appear to be our Frozen Donkey Wheel well. The previews apparently show Sayid firing into the well. Is this Desmond's sacrifice? Can Des, as the Constant, be killed? But... it doesn't really matter now. Des's mission has been given and, from the looks of it, completed. In a complete flip from Charlie's insistence last week, the Sideways World is where it's at for Des. The Island world/ Original Timeline doesn't really seem to matter to him anymore. And in that Sideways world, he's on a mission to either kill John Locke, or whatever/whoever he is there... or, as I'm thinking, he's setting Locke up with Jack so they can glimpse the Original Timeline. Because, really, who would be Locke's constant? He wasn't particularly close to anyone on the island. He just used people, like he himself was used pre-Oceanic 815.

Per Lostpedia:

The license plate number on Desmond's car in the flash-sideways timeline changes after he sees Hurley and Libby together on the beach to when he runs over Locke.

Continuation of the bugs in the machine / in-flux nature of the sideways world now that Des and others are changing things.

OK, that's about all I've got right now.

Round the world and home again

That's the sailor's way

Faster faster, faster faster

There's no earthly way of knowing

Which direction we are going

There's no knowing where we're rowing

Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining, is it snowing

Is a hurricane a-blowing

Not a speck of light is showing

So the danger must be growing

Are the fires of Hell a-glowing

Is the grisly reaper mowing

Yes, the danger must be growing

For the rowers keep on rowing

And they're certainly not showing

Any signs that they are slowing

Round the world and home again

That's the sailor's way

Faster faster, faster faster

There's no earthly way of knowing

Which direction we are going

There's no knowing where we're rowing

Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining, is it snowing

Is a hurricane a-blowing

Not a speck of light is showing

So the danger must be growing

Are the fires of Hell a-glowing

Is the grisly reaper mowing

Yes, the danger must be growing

For the rowers keep on rowing

And they're certainly not showing

Any signs that they are slowing

Thanks for this! I was too damn tired last night to look it up myself. The words to that little ditty really do sum up the confusion and anxiety we're feeling as we get closer to...The End.

Total shock to see Ilana go out like that. She was so built up, and then *kabloo-ey!* I guess we can rule her out as a candidate / she was touched by Jacob. So, she was training all her life... to get Sayid on the plane and tell certain of the Lostaways that they are '... candidates to replace Jacob. And more than that, well, I'm **** out of ideas. Jacob didn't tell me diddly.' Just when we were really starting to like her ass character.

I particularly liked Ben's take on Ilana's departure...the island was done with her. Jacob used her to help make sure all the people that needed to get to the island did. That task being completed, conbined with Jacob having been "killed," certainly did seem to end the useful phase of her island stay.

Two quick thoughts:

1) Jack influencing people appers to have ended after with Juliet's death.

2) Is Sayid exercising free will to make a choice in not killing Whidmore's girl? My guess, he does not kill Desmond but shoots the gun into the well and Locke thinks he kills him.

Thanks for this! I was too damn tired last night to look it up myself. The words to that little ditty really do sum up the confusion and anxiety we're feeling as we get closer to...The End.

Not to mention the potential parallels with people being chosen for a test with one becoming the winner and getting everything he/she ever wanted and living happily ever after.

Not to mention the potential parallels with people being chosen for a test with one becoming the winner and getting everything he/she ever wanted and living happily ever after.

Good point.

I keep thinking back to that prolonged stare between Jack and Flocke at the end of last nights episode. I thought Jack almost had a look of awakening and understanding on his face, while Flocke first looked very surprised to see Jack and then his face took on a look of animosity and purpose. It's easy to see that a confrontation between the two is looming.

I'll again assert that Des seems to have knowledge of everything that is going to happen, both on the island and in the sidways story. Nothing bothers him on the island for that reason, and hence his comment to Flocke, "What's the point of being afraid brother?" In the sidways story, he's seemingly on a mission to pair people off with their island "partners." If you think along those lines, then the likely reason he ran over Locke was to get him to the hospital where he's undoubtedly be operated on by Jack.

Good point.

I keep thinking back to that prolonged stare between Jack and Flocke at the end of last nights episode. I thought Jack almost had a look of awakening and understanding on his face, while Flocke first looked very surprised to see Jack and then his face took on a look of animosity and purpose. It's easy to see that a confrontation between the two is looming.

I'll again assert that Des seems to have knowledge of everything that is going to happen, both on the island and in the sidways story. Nothing bothers him on the island for that reason, and hence his comment to Flocke, "What's the point of being afraid brother?" In the sidways story, he's seemingly on a mission to pair people off with their island "partners." If you think along those lines, then the likely reason he ran over Locke was to get him to the hospital where he's undoubtedly be operated on by Jack.

I assumed that he was looking to weaken Locke further for when he planned to transfer Flocke into sideways Locke, but your explanation makes more sense.

do you think it could be something along the lines that they are recognizing each other as the Jacob/MiB roles? that FLocke sees that Jack is already beginning to assume the role of Jacob? and seeing FLocke made Jack realize the same thing?

do you think it could be something along the lines that they are recognizing each other as the Jacob/MiB roles? that FLocke sees that Jack is already beginning to assume the role of Jacob? and seeing FLocke made Jack realize the same thing?

You mean they might be 'pairing off' as well?

You mean they might be 'pairing off' as well?

kinda, i was more referring to the look they gave each other and how it was almost like they were "recognizing" each other as someone they once knew but in different bodies. maybe there is a little bit of Jacob in Jack already. Not necessarily like how MiB has taken Locke's form, but more so that Jack is moving into Jacob's role.

Yep. :lol:

I think the scene with jack and sun on the beach was a strong indicator of jack assuming that role as well.....

My first thought was Aaron...

I was thinking too, soley for the reason that they've got to get this kid involved somehow after making him seen so important early on. But I can't figure out how he would get there.