LOST...Season 6

duey

I couldn't agree more, both me and my brother have the same reaction every time there was a Kate episode-Damnit.

She's boring and her flip flopping is too.

You guys are nuts.

I could look at her all day.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are nuts.

She's hot and all but we're getting to the nitty gritty now. Time for the eye-candy to move aside and let business be handled.

To Dank; I just read the article and your right it does seem as though they are setting up to not end the game, but I think that's how it has to end. If Locke ever does get off it's game over, which would be interesting to see...

im with you on this as well. while it's easy to get distracted, or change theories week to week, when you look back the show has been centered around him the entire time.

Ironic too as remember hearing reports that originally Jack's character was supposed to die after the first few episodes.

So this morning I wrote up a pretty long discussion of my thoughts from last nights episode...and with one errant keystroke erased the whole damn thing. I was ticked off all day and just know was able to sit back down and get back at it.

That being said...I'm just going to throw a few things out there as a lot has already been rehashed pretty well...

My impression was that Sayid did not kill Des. I believe this because when we see Sayid walking through the jungle just before he runs into Flocke, he's looking up into the trees. I think he was looking for a vine to pull Des out of the well and then Flocke caught up with him.

I don't think we have to worry about Jack being on Flockes team. I think Jack has attained a more cebral and higher level mental existence. I think he will do what he wants to do from this point on...I think him jumping off the boat was the turning point.

To tag on to the earlier discussed point of an upcoming sacrifice, we should remember that we were told before this season began that some of the main characters weren't going to make it. When Claire came out of the jungle at the boat, I was convinced that either she or Kate were going to die there. And even though it didn't happen, I have a very strong feeling that it's only a matter of time before someone big gets it...

Lastly...another great episode for Sawyer comments. Refering to Lapidas as "...that guy who looks like he's from the cast of a Burt Reynolds movie" and then later he calls him "Chestie." And him telling Hurley to shut the hell up about the Stars Wars references was classic. Good stuff.

That's it. Two long weeks to digest and speculate. :thumbsup:

Kate was also going to to be played by Yunjin Kim (Sun) at first. That's who they wrote Kate for. Hurley was also going to be a smooth talking repo-man initially.

more dis-information from the bad robot camp!! get out of my brain!! get off of my wavelength!!

<_<

Kate was also going to to be played by Yunjin Kim (Sun) at first. That's who they wrote Kate for. Hurley was also going to be a smooth talking repo-man initially.

Any idea if she's single? <_<

Doc Jensen's recap is up: "Reunited and It Feels So KABOOM!"

See, I've seen Jack as not only the main character all along but also as Jacobs replacement. I'm a little curious as to why people are surprised by Jacks 180.

im with you on this as well. while it's easy to get distracted, or change theories week to week, when you look back the show has been centered around him the entire time.

Sure, as has been written many a time, Jack does seem to be Jacob's favorite to be his successor.

And that's when they pull the rug right out from under our feet.

You guys are nuts.

Back off. She's mine! ;)

So this morning I wrote up a pretty long discussion of my thoughts from last nights episode...and with one errant keystroke erased the whole damn thing. I was ticked off all day and just know was able to sit back down and get back at it.

That being said...I'm just going to throw a few things out there as a lot has already been rehashed pretty well...

My impression was that Sayid did not kill Des. I believe this because when we see Sayid walking through the jungle just before he runs into Flocke, he's looking up into the trees. I think he was looking for a vine to pull Des out of the well and then Flocke caught up with him.

I don't think we have to worry about Jack being on Flockes team. I think Jack has attained a more cebral and higher level mental existence. I think he will do what he wants to do from this point on...I think him jumping off the boat was the turning point.

To tag on to the earlier discussed point of an upcoming sacrifice, we should remember that we were told before this season began that some of the main characters weren't going to make it. When Claire came out of the jungle at the boat, I was convinced that either she or Kate were going to die there. And even though it didn't happen, I have a very strong feeling that it's only a matter of time before someone big gets it...

Lastly...another great episode for Sawyer comments. Refering to Lapidas as "...that guy who looks like he's from the cast of a Burt Reynolds movie" and then later he calls him "Chestie." And him telling Hurley to shut the hell up about the Stars Wars references was classic. Good stuff.

That's it. Two long weeks to digest and speculate. <_<

That stinks, duey. I think it usually involves the 'Tab' key that directs the cursor to the next clickable button.

What I don't quite get about Des down the well is that the stonework in there looks very climbable, with nice cement joint grooves. Des is a very athletic/spry guy. Maybe the argument is that he's injured from the fall. But yes, that would be the reason he was late to meet with FLocke --- he was trying to get Des out. 'Evil Incarnate' Sayid wouldn't give a **** about the scenery... something Des said has affected him / kicked him (at least partially) out of the stupor. Also possible that he was hearing whispers, or was anticipating a Smokey appearance. Overall, if Sayid had killed Des, they would've shown it.

I was expecting Kate to buy it there as well. She's now faced imminent death a couple times, and when that starts happening, 'the universe' as Eloise Hawking explained, is done with you. It may not go out of its way to eliminate you, but it's not going to do things to save you. (E.g. Charlie stepping through the rope bridge, being hanged by Ethan, the cave-in, the bee hive, among others; and then Des's trying to do circumvent things, until Charlie accepted and sacrificed himself. Likewise, Kate seems to have lost protection.

more dis-information from the bad robot camp!! get out of my brain!! get off of my wavelength!!

:wallbash:

Something I've been thinking about since last night... Without knowing much about the "game", or the rules, or the backstory of the mythology...

IMO, Jack is now fully in the Jacob role. We've seen him accepting and becoming it more and more, and when he realized last night that he should not and could not leave the island, he assumed that role. Once he figured out that FLocke cant leave without him, and that he doesnt want to leave and doesnt want FLocke to leave, and that all he has to do is simply not leave... that's all there is too it.

MiB could not kill Jacob, or make him do anything he didn't want to. MiB can not kill the candidates, or make them do anything they do not want to. All it takes is one of them to say "I'm not going anywhere", and MiB is right back in the situation he was in with Jacob being alive. he can try to manipulate Jack, but if Jack has his mind made up and knows that MiB has an ulterior motive, there will be no manipulating.

But wait, Jacob did leave the island. Several times, from what we've been shown.

To tell the truth, in the S5 finale, it really looked like Jacob hadn't been in the statue lair for very long prior to the Ajira arrival. It was just a sense I got. And, at least from our vantage, from Dec. 2004 to 2007, there was a time when there was no candidate on the island keeping MIB there --- when Jacob visited Ilana seemingly a short time before the Ajira flight. Remember that during this, Sawyer, Hurley and Jin were in 1974-77 and skipped over 2004-2007. They weren't there to act as candidates to keep MIB there, as FLocke claims. Jack, Sun & baby Kwon and Sayid were off-island at this time. They weren't on-island to keep him there, either. So, conceivably, if the rule is that Jacob and no candidates could be on the island before MIB could leave, then that condition was apparently met.

As I wrote before, one could argue that MIB has appeared off-island as well, as Christian waiting for Jack in the lobby. And, like a 4x4 to the face in the clue department, the appearance set off the smoke alarm. Get it? As Doc Jensen writes this week, it's even very debatable that the ghosts Hurley sees could possibly be the work of MIB --- to wit, Doc is theorizing that only the Mysterious Boy is the real ghost of Jacob.

In this light, it may not be a case of them needing to be professors-in-residence to... win whatever game they're playing.

And, at least from our vantage, from Dec. 2004 to 2007, there was a time when there was no candidate on the island keeping MIB there --- when Jacob visited Ilana seemingly a short time before the Ajira flight.

How was he going to get off the island? There was no plane or sub, was there?

See, I've seen Jack as not only the main character all along but also as Jacobs replacement. I'm a little curious as to why people are surprised by Jacks 180.

Jack seems very obvious. I can't get out of my mind that there may be a switcheroo and Sayid may become Jacob's replacement. Mainly becasue he has fallen the furthest, has the longest road to redemption, and may be the last one any of us anticipate. It sort of reminds me of Paul of Tarsus.

But wait, Jacob did leave the island. Several times, from what we've been shown.

To tell the truth, in the S5 finale, it really looked like Jacob hadn't been in the statue lair for very long prior to the Ajira arrival. It was just a sense I got. And, at least from our vantage, from Dec. 2004 to 2007, there was a time when there was no candidate on the island keeping MIB there --- when Jacob visited Ilana seemingly a short time before the Ajira flight. Remember that during this, Sawyer, Hurley and Jin were in 1974-77 and skipped over 2004-2007. They weren't there to act as candidates to keep MIB there, as FLocke claims. Jack, Sun & baby Kwon and Sayid were off-island at this time. They weren't on-island to keep him there, either. So, conceivably, if the rule is that Jacob and no candidates could be on the island before MIB could leave, then that condition was apparently met.

As I wrote before, one could argue that MIB has appeared off-island as well, as Christian waiting for Jack in the lobby. And, like a 4x4 to the face in the clue department, the appearance set off the smoke alarm. Get it? As Doc Jensen writes this week, it's even very debatable that the ghosts Hurley sees could possibly be the work of MIB --- to wit, Doc is theorizing that only the Mysterious Boy is the real ghost of Jacob.

In this light, it may not be a case of them needing to be professors-in-residence to... win whatever game they're playing.

except we really dont know much about who/what Jacob and Smokey are, and what they are capable of.

with his track record, Smokey could have easily been lying about not being able to go over to the other Island. or maybe they could both leave the Island at the same time, but since they (Jacob and MiB) were both alive at the time, no damage could be done since they canceled each other out (again, Free Will v Destiny).

but only NOW that there is no Jacob, if MiB gets off the Island, he can do what he wants.

maybe, i dont know. worst part is, i have to assume this will never be explained.

I still think that Jack and Sawyer and going to end up on the beach, just like Jacob and MiB were, with the former taking over the latters' roles.

Either that or Lapidus is the real MiB.

interesting you mention Lapidus. I was just reading this great article about the Light and Dark theme of LOST. and in it, the author mentions Lapidus:

Here is another fun etymological fact for all of the Latin lovers out there. Early in the episode, Bram and Ilana share a cryptic exchange about whether Frank might be a Candidate for their side, a term that undoubtedly will reappear in Season Six scripts. The Latin adjective candidatus literally means “dressed in white,” and Mr. Lapidus clearly fits that bill. The word developed its English meaning from the white gowns worn by Romans seeking senatorial election. The word also shares a common origin with the adjective candidus which could be used for its literal meaning of “white,” or in a more figurative sense as “clear”, “candid”, or in other words “Frank.”

Bump.

Grind.

Where is Vincent???

Hmm. I think the last time Vincent was seen was with Rose and bearded Bernard pre-Jughead detonation.

Just a reminder to all: a repeat of the Richard backstory / Island mythology episode "Ab Aeterno" is slated for Tuesday.

just read an interesting take on Ilana's death.

Ben, ever the life of the party, later pointedly states that Ilana died because the Island was done with her. I have a different take on that. Ilana, arguing with Hurley, was in the middle of revealing something when she dropped the bag. "And God help us all if it ever leaves the island! Because if it--" I'm curious as to whether the Island made Ilana drop her bag to shut her up because Hurley and Co. weren't quite ready to hear the truth.

what say you?

Here's a Lost podcast with an extremely loyal following: Lost podcast IMO, it's a bit over the top but there are a bunch of people who enjoy the show including some on TBD who may be interested in hearing it. I listened to it while I was painting and gleaned some interesting anecdotes.