LOST...Season 6

duey

Can someone recap what happened from when Hurley... big 400 lb Hurley, swam miles to shore carrying Kate and the end? Stupid Fios cut off the recording.

If you happened to record "V" you would have caught the ending. Fios did the same thing to me. I've been starting to change the settings in the DVR to end recordings 5 mins after it ends to fix this.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is a question for everyone...

What about David? Jack's son in the sideways flash. He is (I believe) the only character in the sideways world that does not exist in the original time line.

I ask this because I just read an interesting article which theorizes that Jacob=Aaron and MiB=David. And since David only exists in the sideways world, that is where he is trying to go "home" to. Now I'm sure that will be blown out of the water in the next episode which focuses heavily on Jacob and MiB's origins/game, but either way the question stands... What about David?

Interesting theory and definitely something to think about. Yet it give Hurley more Star Wars material to work with (see Darth Vader and Luke being sworn enemies despite being father/son) yet I just can't buy into it as make me think we've been building to something and can't believe that all comes to a character we knew nothing about until only this season. Not to mention Ilana stating that Flocke can't leave the body he's in. I think in the end everyone will die. Sawyer and Kate end up being Adam and Eve. The only exceptions being Jack, as Jacob's replacement, and Flocke will remain on the island waiting to start a new game since they can't kill one another. I think this week's episode is going to setup how rules are made/determined of the original game and the final episode will deal with Flocke and Jack on the beach talking about the new rules and/or waiting for a batch of new recruits to start a new one.

one other thing i was just reminded of...

when FLocke tells his biggest lie of all to Jack in the last episode, that he could kill all of them but chooses not to, how many of you wanted Jack to say "OK, go ahead, lets see what you got"?!? I know I was dying for him to challenge FLocke, and I think that is something we may see in coming episodes now that Jack knows that FLocke cant kill them, only they can kill each other.. maybe that is how Jack "officially" takes over Jacobs role?

Interesting theory and definitely something to think about. Yet it give Hurley more Star Wars material to work with (see Darth Vader and Luke being sworn enemies despite being father/son) yet I just can't buy into it as make me think we've been building to something and can't believe that all comes to a character we knew nothing about until only this season.

im not sure how the details would all work out, but Aaron is blond haired, blue-eyed (like Jacob), and David is dark-haired, blue-eyed (like MiB).

now the remaining mystery is that MiB states he had a crazy mother. and the prevailing theory on the identity of David's mom is that it is Juliet. so I'm thinking the way they would tie that together would be Juliet being the one who helps (or forces) Jack to leave or destroy the Sideways world, effectively banishing David to a world in which he doesnt exist which is why he is in the form of an electro-magnetic smoke energy.

i dont know. a little contrived im sure. but it sure is fun to have these last few remaining guesses before it all comes to an end.

im not sure how the details would all work out, but Aaron is blond haired, blue-eyed (like Jacob), and David is dark-haired, blue-eyed (like MiB).

now the remaining mystery is that MiB states he had a crazy mother. and the prevailing theory on the identity of David's mom is that it is Juliet. so I'm thinking the way they would tie that together would be Juliet being the one who helps (or forces) Jack to leave or destroy the Sideways world, effectively banishing David to a world in which he doesnt exist which is why he is in the form of an electro-magnetic smoke energy.

i dont know. a little contrived im sure. but it sure is fun to have these last few remaining guesses before it all comes to an end.

Yeah it just seems too far fetched this late into the series but time will tell. I guess I have always hoped that the ending of the show will be something somewhat realistic and/or not too supernaturally.

Yeah it just seems too far fetched this late into the series but time will tell. I guess I have always hoped that the ending of the show will be something somewhat realistic and/or not too supernaturally.

im just going to keep running with it though cause im on a role... bear with me.

there has been some speculation that the Kwon candidate was neither Sun nor Jin, but their child. Since Jacob touched both of them, it would be their offspring that would be the candidate. It took them coming to the Island to be able to have children, specifically this child. And the reason that Sun did not flash back to 1977 like the others was because she was no longer carrying the child. but i dont buy it, im just throwing it out there.

i also find it interesting that after everything they had been through, Sun and Jin could/would/did not die until they were together. I'm thinking that since they were both a combined candidate, since Jacob touched them both together at the same time, that they would need to be together for anything to happen (good or bad). thats not a complete thought, just kinda an observation.

im just going to keep running with it though cause im on a role... bear with me.

there has been some speculation that the Kwon candidate was neither Sun nor Jin, but their child. Since Jacob touched both of them, it would be their offspring that would be the candidate. It took them coming to the Island to be able to have children, specifically this child. And the reason that Sun did not flash back to 1977 like the others was because she was no longer carrying the child. but i dont buy it, im just throwing it out there.

i also find it interesting that after everything they had been through, Sun and Jin could/would/did not die until they were together. I'm thinking that since they were both a combined candidate, since Jacob touched them both together at the same time, that they would need to be together for anything to happen (good or bad). thats not a complete thought, just kinda an observation.

I'm rolling with it but everyone has their own hopes in how the series will end is all I was stating. I'm just not sure how much Aaron, David or Ji-Yeon can play in the show especially since they're all off the island. The focus of the show seemingly has been Jack vs Locke, man of faith vs man of science, so it just seems to me that it seems to me that it be fiitting that the end up together.

I'm rolling with it but everyone has their own hopes in how the series will end is all I was stating. I'm just not sure how much Aaron, David or Ji-Yeon can play in the show especially since they're all off the island. The focus of the show seemingly has been Jack vs Locke, man of faith vs man of science, so it just seems to me that it seems to me that it be fiitting that the end up together.

agreed completely, just BSing on a slow Friday :thumbsup:

Can someone recap what happened from when Hurley... big 400 lb Hurley, swam miles to shore carrying Kate and the end? Stupid Fios cut off the recording.

Just an FYI consumer tip. God knows how it does it but TiVo recognizes those 63 minute recordings and gets them. The only things it cuts off are live recordings (sports events). For those, I manually tell it to record long.

Just an FYI consumer tip. God knows how it does it but TiVo recognizes those 63 minute recordings and gets them. The only things it cuts off are live recordings (sports events). For those, I manually tell it to record long.

Does TiVO replace the cable box, or do you somehow connect them to each other? I've always been interested in TiVO, but just seemed prohibitive in terms of cost.

I do want to return to TiVo, but I'm uncertain of the new releases that came out, the expense, and the future of the company. Plus, I think I have to get it to work with cablecard and that is sometimes problematic.

I do want to return to TiVo, but I'm uncertain of the new releases that came out, the expense, and the future of the company. Plus, I think I have to get it to work with cablecard and that is sometimes problematic.

For the last few episodes, you may just want to set your timer long. I've got DirecTV and the DVR has recognized the past handful of episodes as being 1:04.

I've gotta admit, i wasn't a fan at all of the last episode. I'm interested to see where they are taking the storyline, and i am still a full believer that MiB can't kill either some of all of them.

However, i hated to see Sayid and Lapidus killed and the Jin/Sun deaths were absolute garbage. It felt like the writers killed them off if for no other reason that to kill some main characters. There was absolutely no reason for any of those deaths and unless something drastically changes with those characters and the sideways world somehow, i've going to be seveerly disappointed.

Does TiVO replace the cable box, or do you somehow connect them to each other? I've always been interested in TiVO, but just seemed prohibitive in terms of cost.

TiVO's typically attach to an existing box. Yet cable/satellite companies do make DVRs which act as the cable box and recorder. Granted they aren't as sophisticated as TIVOs but suit my purpose to basically record and/or pause/rewind tv and at an extra $9.95 per month it's well worth it.

There will apparently be an auction of LOST props this summer, to be held in Los Angeles (I would hope there's an online feature for bidding among the plebians...). Linked from ABC's LOST site, so it's legit. Wonder where the proceeds will be going, or is this a way for ABC to recoup some of the $ they spent producing the show (it cost $12M to film the pilot ep)?

Link

What item do you have your eye on?

There will apparently be an auction of LOST props this summer, to be held in Los Angeles (I would hope there's an online feature for bidding among the plebians...). Linked from ABC's LOST site, so it's legit. Wonder where the proceeds will be going, or is this a way for ABC to recoup some of the $ they spent producing the show (it cost $12M to film the pilot ep)?

Link

HOLY ****! that's awesome! way too many to list... the passports, the boarding passes, Faraday's journal, Desmond's fail safe key, Locke's compass, Locke's suicide note... WOW!

Link

Sawyer's Reading Glasses. :thumbsup:

Seriously, who would buy Locke's wheelchair? :)

Link

I'm going for the beer.