LOST...Season 6

duey

TiVO's typically attach to an existing box. Yet cable/satellite companies do make DVRs which act as the cable box and recorder. Granted they aren't as sophisticated as TIVOs but suit my purpose to basically record and/or pause/rewind tv and at an extra $9.95 per month it's well worth it.

That's what I have now....it's a Moxi box....but it's very outdated. I think Charter was preparing for either a buy out, merge, or whatever, and they haven't gotten around to ordering new equipment. It works fine, but it's not "smart", and it doesn't have as much storage capacity as I'd like.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will apparently be an auction of LOST props this summer, to be held in Los Angeles (I would hope there's an online feature for bidding among the plebians...). Linked from ABC's LOST site, so it's legit. Wonder where the proceeds will be going, or is this a way for ABC to recoup some of the $ they spent producing the show (it cost $12M to film the pilot ep)?

Link

What item do you have your eye on?

\

Are the Virgin Mary statuettes still full of smack?

PTR

There will apparently be an auction of LOST props this summer, to be held in Los Angeles (I would hope there's an online feature for bidding among the plebians...). Linked from ABC's LOST site, so it's legit. Wonder where the proceeds will be going, or is this a way for ABC to recoup some of the $ they spent producing the show (it cost $12M to film the pilot ep)?

Link

Pretty cool stuff and am sure all will go for far more then I could ever afford.

Link

Wow! That's great! :thumbsup:

LOST 6.15 | "Across the Sea" | 9 p.m., ABC

Locke's motives become clear.

duey gave a bit away this week, so it won't be a total surprise.... This ep will be heavy on island mythology.

Special guest star is Allison Janney, best known for her role as C.J. Cregg on "The West Wing."

duey gave a bit away this week, so it won't be a total surprise.... This ep will be heavy on island mythology.

Now now...I seriously doubt I ruined it for anyone. And at this point, with all the stars of the show out doing end-of-show interviews and promotions, its going to be hard to avoid learning bits and pieces about the remaining shows.

I am VERY pumped for this episode tonight. :)

Now now...I seriously doubt I ruined it for anyone. And at this point, with all the stars of the show out doing end-of-show interviews and promotions, its going to be hard to avoid learning bits and pieces about the remaining shows.

I am VERY pumped for this episode tonight. :)

Not chiding too hard, dude. It weren't much.

But, there are those here who prefer to stay 100% LOST-pure going into episodes.... Lord knows I'm not one of them :lol: .

On the whole, all of the LOST threads have been very good in this regard.

Just a couple of thoughts after re-watching "The Candidate."

1) In the sideways flash, Claire said that she had never met Christian Shephard. So, might that mean that there wasn't a car crash and her mother wasn't in a coma? Could it mean a different father for Aaron?

It's also interesting that Christian left her... a wooden box in his will. A body in "a wooden box" is what MIB required to assume an identity.

2) Seeing the auction site with Jin's wedding ring, the engraving on the inside says "We will never be apart" their deaths --- namely, Jin's refusal to leave Sun --- feels a little more cosmically right than it did last week.

Not chiding too hard, dude. It weren't much.

But, there are those here who prefer to stay 100% LOST-pure going into episodes.... Lord knows I'm not one of them :thumbsup: .

On the whole, all of the LOST threads have been very good in this regard.

I'm one of the LOST purists but what duey said was fair game since it was at the ABC.com website but being I never venture there it was a semi spoiler but not big deal for me.

1) In the sideways flash, Claire said that she had never met Christian Shephard. So, might that mean that there wasn't a car crash and her mother wasn't in a coma? Could it mean a different father for Aaron?

It's also interesting that Christian left her... a wooden box in his will. A body in "a wooden box" is what MIB required to assume an identity.

I'm not sure that Aaron's father would change yet it's possible but now I'm having visions of Goth Claire with her black hair and makes me think of Locke's quote that's been used throughout the week's preview of llight and dark sides.

Wow. That was ballsy. And it worked.

We weren't given the names of Allison Janney's character, nor of MIB. We also were not told here, but it's in the air everywhere that the time of Claudia's arrival to the island was 23 AD.

Let's start out with the parameters of the game. The food Claudia ate was a careful mixture from... what do we call her? Island Woman?... her mortar and pestal. Seemed to trigger the births, and it also seems to be the tincture by which Jacob and MIB couldn't kill each other. Likewise, drinking the wine was a mechanism for Jacob to be the next protector of the island.

Light and dark imagery was heavy in this ep., so I'm not sure identifying each instance is going to be necessary. You saw it. The swaddling cloths. The game and its pieces. The light at the end of the tunnel and the black smoke that came out of it....

So, some of the biggest mysteries have some answers. "Adam & Eve" are the Island Woman and MIB (at least, his corporeal body). The Smoke Monster form came as a result of getting too close to the light. I'm going to have to re-watch that part especially. Can anyone explain what happened right there? MIB got sucked under a kind of lintel stone. All told, yes, this presents quite a different side of the story.

But we're left with even more questions, following as Island woman herself explained, that each answer she gave would only prompt more questions. Where did she come from? How long had she been on the island? Did she go down toward the light (seems so. How could she know what it is?)? Could the tunnel light be what Locke saw that he described as a beautiful bright light? How could MIB show up as MIB in 1867 if that body was dead?

As we saw it, the Donkey Wheel hadn't been installed yet. The wells were dug, they'd found electromagnetic properties at several points. After the village was burned (by Island Woman, most like) and its inhabitants killed, the well was filled up. Apparently, it was re-dug? Only, its properties didn't work for MIB?

So, what does MIB mean when he's said that he wants to go "home"? Does this mean, back in time?

These are my initial thoughts, sorry if they're scrambled. Kristin from E! was hella right when she wrote you're going to have to re-watch this ep.

Okay, I'm honestly not trying to be the party pooper here, but I honestly thought that was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. I haven't mentioned this until now, but I remember back a few years ago, after the show had become one of, or the, most popular show on tv....I read an article in EW where the writers admitted that they honestly had no real plan with where to take the story. Maybe TGreg can confirm or deny, but I recall them stating something to the effect of how they had the story mapped out for the first season or two, and then once it became huge they realized they had a problem....they didn't know what to write next.

I've thought back to this article a few times as I've gone through the seasons, but things were always interesting enough for me to just continue going along for the ride and enjoying it. But seriously, wtf was this all about tonight? We're a few episodes from the end and now it's as if a great big WTF just got splattered all over what I thought was going to be a somewhat cohesive ending the show.

How can there possibly be enough time left to provide answers to all these open ends?

Worst episode ever. :thumbsup: I only hope the series ending somehow redeems tonight's garbage.

Good, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought it was crap lol

You know what else was distracting? For whatever reason, the MIB guy was reminding me so much of President Charles Logan from 24 lol....it was kind of odd

Good, I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought it was crap lol

You know what else was distracting? For whatever reason, the MIB guy was reminding me so much of President Charles Logan from 24 lol....it was kind of odd

That's funny! 24 crushed Lost this week... and I still say the 1st 2 seasons of 24 > the 1st 2 seasons of Lost. :thumbsup:

That's funny! 24 crushed Lost this week... and I still say the 1st 2 seasons of 24 > the 1st 2 seasons of Lost. <_<

Oh, without a doubt bro...as much as I've enjoyed getting up to speed with Lost, 24 was one of my favorite tv watching experiences ever. It's probably my favorite scripted tv show of all time :thumbsup:

Worst episode ever. :thumbsup: I only hope the series ending somehow redeems tonight's garbage.

No episode can ever be worse than Season 3's "Stranger in a Strange Land."

I liked this episode a lot, I don't know why you guys didn't like it.

No episode can ever be worse than Season 3's "Stranger in a Strange Land."

I liked this episode a lot, I don't know why you guys didn't like it.

Why did you like it? If you talk about it a little maybe that'll help me see it in a different light. I just thought it was way too ambitious and tried way too hard. It didn't even really feel like it related to the rest of the story or the other characters, to be honest. Sometimes the more I think about something after the fact, the more I get it and the more I like it. That's what happened with the final Sopranos episode. Once I "got it", I saw it as a brilliant piece of tv making. But I don't have the same confidence here....I think this was a complete and total drop of the ball.

BTW, what is with MIB's obsession with getting off the island? Didn't his dead mom tell him he was from the other SIDE of the island, which is why he went to live with those people to begin with? Why is he so adamant about leaving? And wtf is this idea that "channeling water and light" with a donkey wheel will somehow be his ticket off the island? I don't get it...