Get Rid of Beast Mode

StamerforPrez

Very excellent post. Could not agree more. Jackson is a totally different runner than Lynch and having both is really key to a good offensive attack on the ground.

What most fans don't understand is although Fred Jackson is a special back, he cannot be used as a constant every down back. The guy is older and will wear out faster and his body will break down and his play will start to decline.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if we can say he should be gone just yet but i have to admit he is frustrating to watch this year. Its like he has no vision anymore, gets the ball, runs for three yards and goes down. He isnt hitting the holes as hard or with the same authority as fred.

Something interesting to think about is if we do actually get Shanahan he has a history of being fickle with his RBs. Also, if we decide that one of those two guys has to get traded, I think Marshawn gets dealt, Freddy is a threat no matter where he is on the field, Marshawn isn't. Plus with Marshawn's running sytle, he is a lot more injury prone.

"IF" Shanahan does come into Buffalo as a head coach the first pick will be a QB, the next picks will be O linemen. If that happens and he builds a line like he had in the 90's in Denver, both Jackson and Lynch will each have 1000 yard seasons.

What most fans don't understand is although Fred Jackson is a special back, he cannot be used as a constant every down back. The guy is older and will wear out faster and his body will break down and his play will start to decline.

Finally somebody gets it. You don't cut a 23 year-old blue chip RB for a 28 year-old Division III RB, I don't care who's running better right now.

He was?

I'm sure if you ask him, he will tell you that.

Either way, trading him is foolish at this point when the season ends because you won't get much for him. If you wanted to trade h im, you keep him and let him perform well in pre-season next season and pack hm off to a team that needs an RB.

He was?

Yea, made the pro bowl. He was 4th in the AFC, so that puts him in at least the top 10 in the NFL. Half of the people on this thread get the point. Lynch is only 23 and Fred is almost 30. Lynch has a lot more left in the tank and just needs a good O-line. He is dancing around cuz there are no holes. My season tix are right behind the endzone. Trust me, both these guys have no holes to run through.

Yea, made the pro bowl. He was 4th in the AFC, so that puts him in at least the top 10 in the NFL.

He made the Pro-Bowl only as an injury replacement in a season where LT, Joseph Addai, Willie Parker, Willis McGahee, and Larry Johnson were all hurt or had down seasons. He's a pretty good power back but lacks vision, isn't great at setting up his blocks, is below average in blitz pick-ups, and has never shown the receiving skills we were promised when we drafted him. He's a glorified LeRoy Hoard.

That leash is regarding behavior, not his on field play. I like that you added things that you think he did, not things that he did do as well. Stop letting your personal bias guide decisions or you're as bad at making them as our beloved franchise.

Show me once where I have ever shown a bias against Lynch. Fact -he's been arrested twice. Fact-he ran down a woman in a hit and run. Fact-they found marijuana in his car when he was arrested for the gun, but couldn't prove who was smoking it. That's not adding things I think he did without foundation. You obviously don't know the story about his arrest in California, so here's a link so you can educate yourself, I'll even add the part about the dope afterwards so if you can immediately see what I'm talking about. It's not a bias-he's already been suspended 3 games & was in a car that reeked from dope. Now I really don't care who smokes dope, some of my closest friends & relatives smoke it, but they're not in professions where a failed drug test can get them suspended. In a league where the commissioner is cracking down on off field activities, a guy with Lynch's rap sheet should be on a very short leash- That's reality, not a bias.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/02/18/marshaw...d-with-pot-too/

They (officers) knocked on the window of the car. Someone unrolled the window. They saw three people in the car and they could smell a strong odor - marijuana coming from the car. They had the occupants exit so they could further investigate to see if there was any marajuana in the car. What they found were four, not marajuana cigarettes - what they call blunts or swisher sweets that appeared to contain marijuana in them," says Tankenson.

Tankenson says neither Lynch nor the other two individuals were charged with possession of marijuana because they could not determine who was smoking, or whom the cigarettes belonged to.

The funniest part about this is that if Freddie was the #12 pick and Lynch was a UDFA and they each kept their stats from this season, everyone would be calling for jackson to be cut yesterday and would be proclaiming Lynch's God-like status.

this thread is garbage. you do realize this is one of the worst o-line in franchiseleague history right? you better put your bike helmet back on. i wouldn't want you to lose anymore brain cells, it seems you have already lost too many.

Now that we have lost Wood, fixed for you

Freddy is not making better runs then Lynch when it comes to straight through the middle lanes; the lanes arent there or arent holding up resulting in 2-3 yard gains. Outside Freddy >> Lynch. Thats the reason Freddy has been doing a lot better then Lynch this season, i.e. Jackson is the better RB for this season, but if the line is able to create the lanes Lynch will be the better of the 2 for the hardcore lane running.